Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Egg and Muffin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/811661-egg-muffin.html)

Dottie 09-06-2013 04:03 PM

Egg and Muffin

I really wanted toast and eggs, so I had a lightbulb moment - MIM (sort of) with a butter poached egg on top!

2 large eggs
1T butter
2T Almond Flour
2T Coconut Flour
pinch of salt
2-3T water
salt and pepper for the egg, if desired

Spray a large ramiken or soup size mug lightly with cooking spray.
Beat 1 egg well, add 2T water and mix, then add the salt, almond and coconut flour.
Microwave for 2 minutes or until it's completely cooked.
Leave in the mug or turn it out, up to you.
Meanwhile heat the butter in a small skillet or melt it in an egg poacher and cook your egg to desired doneness (I like sunny side up - runny yolk :))
Slide onto the cooked muffin thing, don't forget to pour the butter over, too! Dig in.

Calories: 382
Fat: 27.5g
Carbs: 12g
Fiber: 9.5g
Protein: 19.1g

If you want to make this a bigger breakfast, cool the muffin slightly, cit in half to make 2 round bases and put an egg on each :) (70 cal, 6g protein more for an additional large egg).

Charski 09-06-2013 04:13 PM

Now stick a piece of Canadian bacon under that egg and pour a little blender Hollandaise on top - eggs Benedict in a cup! :)

That sounds great, Dottie.

Dottie 09-06-2013 04:51 PM

:yummy:

rosethorns 09-06-2013 05:03 PM

This sounds great and I can eat it.

I really liked your pic in your avatar Dottie.

Ginaaaaaa 09-06-2013 07:58 PM

Yummy!!

pooticus 09-07-2013 08:34 AM

mmmm

Jebber 09-07-2013 09:50 AM

OMG. This sounds amazing and I have all of the ingredients! I think this will be my breakfast tomorrow!:jumpjoy:

Dottie 09-07-2013 09:52 AM

BTW it was intentional I didn't add any cheese, baking powder or anything else. I was hungry (lol) and didn't feel like messing with it, though I'm sure some shredded sharp cheddar and diced ham would cook well in the muffin part, too :)

Jebber 09-07-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16593314)
Now stick a piece of Canadian bacon under that egg and pour a little blender Hollandaise on top - eggs Benedict in a cup! :)

That sounds great, Dottie.

Oh yeah....that would be amazing! My dd loves eggs benedict and she is low carbing (she's 25). I am going to try this version and pass it onto her. I also think this would be an excellent breakfast Christmas morning!

Dottie 09-07-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebber (Post 16594094)
Oh yeah....that would be amazing! My dd loves eggs benedict and she is low carbing (she's 25). I am going to try this version and pass it onto her. I also think this would be an excellent breakfast Christmas morning!

If you cook the muffin part, then slice it across horizontally, lightly butter then toast it in a skillet, it's really good.
I made one for DH and added some sweetener and cinnamon in it, then toasted it that way and topped it w/butter and s/f syrup and he was a happy camper :)

Ginaaaaaa 09-07-2013 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Made a muffin this morning to go with my ham and eggs. It was good toasted with sf jam!

Yaz 09-07-2013 10:28 AM

I pretty much live on poached eggs and micro muffins. I use out fiber in mine to keep the calories low. :)

chewiegand 09-09-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 16594139)
I pretty much live on poached eggs and micro muffins. I use out fiber in mine to keep the calories low. :)

Recipe and nutritional info please!!!!

jigglenomore 09-09-2013 10:20 AM

Yummy & easy! Yayy!

pocahontas 09-09-2013 11:14 AM

Dottie - For months I made your southern style biscuit, split in half, each topped with a slice of canadian bacon and an over easy egg. This sounds similar! One of my fave breakfasts!!!!

Yaz 09-09-2013 03:07 PM

Oat Fiber and Protein Micro Bread/Roll

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chewiegand (Post 16596326)
Recipe and nutritional info please!!!!

Ingredients:
3 - 5 tbsp Oat Fiber 500
1/2 tbsp Golden Flax Meal or Lupin Flour or can be omitted
35g Simply Egg Whites - lately I've been using 53g to make a "higher" bun.
10 g Whey Protein Concentrate, Unflavored
3 + tbsp Water
1/2 tsp Magic Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Konjac Glucomannan Powder - you can omit this if you'd like.
5 g Nutritional Yeast - optional
Dash of salt

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients in a pyrex bowl, add egg white and 3+ tbsp of water (enough to make a runny dough consistency).

Microwave for 5-6 minutes in the pyrex bowl. Flip out onto a rack to let it dry out a bit. Slice into 3 or more slices.
They toast well and are really nice with butter on top! :0)