Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/810792-peanut-butter-fudge-brownies.html)

Chocolate Rose 08-26-2013 07:14 PM

Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies

We had a small party this weekend and I made these brownies as a lower carb dessert. They were awesome! Even the non-LCers loved them.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies Cookies - Bar
Low Carb Quick & Easy

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Brownie Base:
12 tbsp butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener or other erythritol
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5 large eggs
Peanut Butter Fudge:
3/4 cup peanut butter
6 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup to 1 cup powered Swerve Sweetener -- sifted
Chocolate Drizzle:
1 ounce high % cacao chocolate

Yield: 36 bite-sized brownies Serving Size: 2 brownies
Brownies: Preheat oven to 325F and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper with overhanging edges for easier brownie removal. Melt butter, chocolate and cocoa powder together in a medium saucepan, stirring until smooth. Stir in erythritol and vanilla extract. Let cool 5 minutes. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Spread mixture in prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes, or until just barely set and middle is still not quite cooked. Watch them carefully as they can get quite dry if overdone. The edges will rise a little higher but should recede as they cool. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Peanut Butter Fudge: In a smal saucepan over medium heat, melt together peanut butter and butter. Stir in vanilla and salt. Stir in powdered erythritol a little at a time until the mixture thickens to a spreadable consistency. Spread over cooled brownies and refrigerate 1 hour, until set. Chocolate Drizzle: In a small, microwavable safe bowl, melt chocolate by heating in microwave in 30 second increments. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over peanut butter fudge. Let set at least 10 minutes. Lift brownies out by edges of parchment. Cut into 1-inch squares. Notes Serves 18. Each serving has 5 g of carbs and 2 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3 g. Other nutritional info: 222 Calories; 22g Fat (83.0% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 217mg Sodium

Description:
"Low carb flourless brownies topped with rich peanut butter fudge. A peanut butter and chocolate lover's dream!"
Source:
all day I dream about food
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Soobee 08-27-2013 04:02 AM

I have been looking at that recipe. So glad to hear the brownies are as delicious as they look.

Chocolate Rose 08-27-2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16576431)
I have been looking at that recipe. So glad to hear the brownies are as delicious as they look.

The brownies were amazing! I've tried her brownies before and wasn't thrilled, but must have cooked them too long. They were hard and crunchy - not in a good way. This time, I paid attention to the notation about "until just barely set and middle is still not quite cooked" and they were perfect.

rosethorns 08-27-2013 07:40 AM

So I've been trying to find out what people think of swerve. Is that what you used?

I just change sweetners if I can. The recipe looks really good.

Chocolate Rose 08-27-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16576772)
So I've been trying to find out what people think of swerve. Is that what you used?

I just change sweetners if I can. The recipe looks really good.

I use powdered swerve anytime I need that type of sweetener (powdered) in a recipe. So, I did use it for the peanut butter fudge. For the brownies, I used Truvia just because I had some on hand. Usually I use a combo of erythritol and stevia glycerite.
I like swerve, it's just so darn expensive.

rosethorns 08-27-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose (Post 16577817)
I use powdered swerve anytime I need that type of sweetener (powdered) in a recipe. So, I did use it for the peanut butter fudge. For the brownies, I used Truvia just because I had some on hand. Usually I use a combo of erythritol and stevia glycerite.
I like swerve, it's just so darn expensive.

Thanks

The confectinary one I want to try. I hope I spelled that right. The one you use to make frosting.

Ginaaaaaa 08-28-2013 08:44 AM

I saw those too, they look so decadent. These are on my must make list lol

brittone2 08-28-2013 04:43 PM

I can attest that they are awesome. I haven't done much baking the last few months, but I made the PB brownies recently for an upcoming event, and they were really fabulous. DH and I have been LCIng for years, and we love Carolyn's recipes. He said it was possibly the best LC dessert I've made yet. THe man adores PB and choc together, however, so he's a little biased.

Ginaaaaaa 09-09-2013 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made these this weekend and everyone loved them!! :heart:

rosethorns 09-09-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa (Post 16596929)

Wow they look great Gina!!!! What sweetners did you use. Just wondering.:)

Ginaaaaaa 09-09-2013 02:09 PM

I used the same ones listed in the recipe. :)

rosethorns 09-09-2013 03:18 PM

Ok Thanks I'll change them. Swerve is so expensive.

Ginaaaaaa 09-09-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16597086)
Ok Thanks I'll change them. Swerve is so expensive.

You could just use erythritol if you wanted Esther. I'm not sure how well other sweeteners such as Splenda would sweeten the brownie part, Splenda usually just makes chocolate taste bitter. You could try combining sweeteners. But for the peanut butter part you will need a powdered sweetener to get it to the right consistency.

rosethorns 09-09-2013 05:59 PM

Thanks Gina I don't use Splenda. I always change my sweetners.

Chocolate Rose 09-09-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa (Post 16596929)

Don't you love how cleanly they cut, too?
Your plate of brownies looks beautious!!

Ginaaaaaa 09-09-2013 08:21 PM

Thank you, yes they do cut really well! I love chocolate and peanut butter together. So yummy!