Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Seeking
Stats: 265/241/170
WOE: Low Carb
Gluten-free, low carb spaghetti noodles?

So the other day my husband makes this amazing meatball dish which had durum semolina penne noodles in it. Well I had a few of them, which amounted to 30-50g carbs. But it made me feel like crap for 2 whole days. DH has decided to go low carb too because he wants to lose weight, so this meatball dish was like a last farewell to high carb eating for him.

So, determined to find a substitute for noodles, I do some reading around on the internet and I find out about spaghetti squash. I was blown away because I thought for sure I'd never find the answer. It has a fifth the carbs of noodles! And I can grow this in my own backyard if I want to.

So I couldn't wait, I went to the store and bought one, cooked it, and used it in an Italian recipe. OMG. It was good!!!! I am RELIEVED! I have found my noodle replacement!

Oh and then it dawned on me. A low-carb raw-food option for noodle substitution: sprouts! Sprouts can work too! It's like a whole new world has just opened up to me.

Seeking is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
We LOVE spaghetti squash. Even as just a side dish with just butter, salt and pepper it's really yummy. Also, Kevinpa's Spaghetti Squash Pie is definitely a favorite.

Spaghetti Squash Pie

Last edited by watcher513; 08-29-2013 at 01:36 AM..
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote