Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Trutein protein blend powder (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/808693-trutein-protein-blend-powder.html)

CindyCRNA 07-25-2013 04:50 PM

Trutein protein blend powder

OMG people!! I have the vanilla, chocolate peanut butter and now, peach mango. These are so good!TruNutrition Sciences Trutein

Choc peanut butter protein shake

1 scoop Trutein choc peanut butter protein powder
12 oz choc unsweetened Almond Breeze
2T PB2 powdered peanut butter
2T sugar free instant choc fudge pudding mix (omit this if you are LC as it has 17 carbs but really makes a nice consistency)
1T sweetener of choice like Truvia (I like it milk shake sweet)
5-6 frozen choc unsweetened Almond Breeze

Combine everything in a blender except for the frozen cubes. Let blend 1 min. Add cubes and blend till smooth. So thick and good!! Without the SF pudding mix, it is about 5 net carbs.

ouizoid 07-25-2013 05:38 PM

i have the PB too. to die for!

Smiles 07-27-2013 06:34 PM

OMG!! The Trutein protein powders are awesome. I too have the pb cup one and I love it. :)

Tracy

kalatraza 07-27-2013 06:42 PM

Hmmm. Sounds like it might be time to try a new brand. I usually stick to plain protein powder (I get Jay Robb) except for chocolate. . . . which I use in shakes. Do y'all like the chocolate flavor in this one?

Smiles 07-28-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalatraza (Post 16533682)
Hmmm. Sounds like it might be time to try a new brand. I usually stick to plain protein powder (I get Jay Robb) except for chocolate. . . . which I use in shakes. Do y'all like the chocolate flavor in this one?

I have the chocolate, but haven't tried it yet. From the reviews I've read, it should be good. I am a review reader, so I read a lot.

I make this powder with just almond milk. They say you can use 8 oz, but I wanted mine thinner and a little less sweet, so I use 10-12 oz instead. It is delicious though. :)

Tracy

CindyCRNA 07-29-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalatraza (Post 16533682)

The chocolate is phenomenal!! You can see the specks of chocolate.

Smiles 07-29-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyCRNA (Post 16535304)
The chocolate is phenomenal!! You can see the specks of chocolate.

I must break open that one next then. ;) The pb cup is really good too.

Tracy

jeaniem 07-30-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyCRNA (Post 16531249)
OMG people!! I have the vanilla, chocolate peanut butter and now, peach mango. These are so good!TruNutrition Sciences Trutein

Choc peanut butter protein shake

1 scoop Trutein choc peanut butter protein powder
12 oz choc unsweetened Almond Breeze
2T PB2 powdered peanut butter
2T sugar free instant choc fudge pudding mix (omit this if you are LC as it has 17 carbs but really makes a nice consistency)
1T sweetener of choice like Truvia (I like it milk shake sweet)
5-6 frozen choc unsweetened Almond Breeze

Combine everything in a blender except for the frozen cubes. Let blend 1 min. Add cubes and blend till smooth. So thick and good!! Without the SF pudding mix, it is about 5 net carbs.

Cindy
How thick is this shake? I have tried twice using less liquid and it is still rather thin for my liking. I use a little less pb2 and just a smidge of the s/f pudding, I have gotten it a little thicker with xanathan gum or gluc. powder but really think they make the shake taste weird.

CindyCRNA 07-30-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniem (Post 16537898)
Cindy
How thick is this shake? I have tried twice using less liquid and it is still rather thin for my liking. I use a little less pb2 and just a smidge of the s/f pudding, I have gotten it a little thicker with xanathan gum or gluc. powder but really think they make the shake taste weird.

You can stand a spoon up in it. The pudding mix helps a ton here. After I blend everything but the cubes for a minute, it has quite thickened up. About the consistency of pudding just before it sets up. Then I blend enough choc cubes in it until it is almost too thick to blend anymore. Barely pours into the glass but honestly, it is the 2 tablespoons of pudding powder. How about adding more chocolate ice cubes?

jeaniem 07-30-2013 07:01 PM

Thanks Cindy. I'll try more of the ice cubes. My entire box of s/f pudding only has 28 carbs, yours is 17 for just 2 tbls?

CindyCRNA 07-31-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniem (Post 16538177)
Thanks Cindy. I'll try more of the ice cubes. My entire box of s/f pudding only has 28 carbs, yours is 17 for just 2 tbls?

Just looked and I am a bit off. It should be about 12.