Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   At last, Korean pancakes yum yum! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/808678-last-korean-pancakes-yum-yum.html)

wantingtoloose 07-25-2013 10:33 AM

At last, Korean pancakes yum yum!

1 Attachment(s)
korean-pancakes-pajun-pajeon
At last I was able to satisfy my craving for this deliciouse Korean treat! :)
My recepi is not perfected yet as today was my second time trying it out.
But boy did it satisfy my craving! :) even my 5 year old loved it! I had to make him go eat something else so he could leave my food alone! Jejeje

I wish I could post a picture or a step by step but I was to eager to tryit out :( and just remembered about taking a picture when I was half way done.

Korean pancakes

2 TBS of Glucomannan
1 tsp of garlic powder
Some shredded cabbage, scallions and any vegetable
You may like, green peppers and wen some baby shrimp.
(Make sure all veggies are cut Julian style to lay flat.
A sprinkle of pepper.
And some chicken broth ( can use water) taste the best!

Instructions:
1-In a round plate you sprinkle your 1 tbs of glucomannan around your plate to make a perfect circle.
2-Once done you add on your veggies and shrimp on top as flat as you can make them , sprinkle some garlic powder and some ground pepper.
3- Once done you sprinkle your remaining 1tbs of glaucomannan on top of this making sure you sprinkle evenly all over the veggies.

Now the fun part , the trick I found to make it into a perfect pancake is to get your chicken broth and start pouring it from the outside to mark the pancake then you poor it all over to to let it all soak up the broth.
(Let it soak up for 5 min) by know it should look like a perfect round pancake. If not dont worry.
Grab your pancake and fry it in some olive oil, if
You still see some glu powder on your pancake from the bottom just add some more chicken broth to your pancake on the pan and let it cook, and soak up till it is fried on both sides!
Enjoy your Korean pancake with some soy sauce and sriracha sauce! Yum!

buttoni 07-25-2013 10:45 AM

That sounds absolutely delicious, WTL. Look good, too! I will be trying this gluc wonder out REAL soon! Thanks so much for posting your recipe for us!

wantingtoloose 07-25-2013 11:28 AM

Thank you, sorry for all the errors , I posted it from my phone!
I just received my order a couple of days ago from netrition...

I also was super exited to try it out with this specific recipe in mind.. I just love Korean food! Korean pancakes being one of my favorites!

If you try it , let me know if you like it :)

rosethorns 07-25-2013 12:15 PM

Good for you. That sounds amazing. Could we please have a pic b4 you eat it next time????

Dottie 07-28-2013 06:25 AM

How did you get it off the plate? Or was it solid enough to pick up in one piece?

wantingtoloose 07-30-2013 07:25 PM

It was solid enough to pick up from the plate, it held wonderfully, and it truthfully satisfied my craving. :)

ouizoid 07-30-2013 08:42 PM

Interesting!

MsWoods 07-31-2013 09:42 AM

Ive made this before. Without the veggies. I bet the veggies would add a great texture. I really love this idea. I didn't care for the texture alone, I love shiritake. I may try this again.

tofucheez 07-31-2013 04:42 PM

It sounds lovely!

But is it really two *tablespoons* of gluc? It seems like a lot...

Dottie 07-31-2013 04:48 PM

It is lol. I was paying for it for hours (to put it delicately).

wantingtoloose 08-01-2013 01:02 PM

I did use 2 tbs , it does seem like a lot. Again I'm new to all this.. :)

I made a huge big pancake.

I made some faux dumplings and that process was better and I used less glu.

I sprinkled the powder first into circles , added the broth , let that set then I add my sautéed veggies on top and sprinkle more glu and add the broth from the center out. Let it set and fry...

Many many possibilities, if you mix some glu powder with dry powder shrimp and fry up.. It's really good. And you can add them to your miso soup, or with some salad or on top of buttered sautéed kale. Etc....

Again I'm new to using glucomannan. I still to go buy the pickle powder to make some egg noodles... :lol: jejej soon I hope ..

MsWoods 08-02-2013 06:39 AM

I'm one of those that's always used more glucc than others and when I put X amount in a recipe people are like Whaaaaaaaaaa? lol

It's 2tbsp because you have to have a thin layer over the whole plate before you add the liquid. It makes a huge "pancake".