Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bl0nd3y
Stats: 4'11 height<original weight 110lbs <current 94lbs>
WOE: Low Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: 23/08/2013
Low carb, Mod/low fat cal

I wanted to create a thread for people to share their minimal calorie recipes, for people such as myself who like to watch their carb intake, and keep fat / calories moderately low.

If you know of any recipes or would like to provide any useful information in the way of substituting products in high cal / high fat cake mixes or recipes, please do share, it would be greatly appreciated.
bl0nd3y is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/206/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
You might find a lot of ideas in this thread from the JUDDD forum:

Low(ish) Carb DD Staples
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thank-you Mistizoom, i just had a quick look and it looks to be a thread on adding fats? also may i ask, what is DD?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/206/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl0nd3y View Post
Thank-you Mistizoom, i just had a quick look and it looks to be a thread on adding fats? also may i ask, what is DD?
It's a "Down Day" on the Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet. The number of DD calories varies by person but I think 500 or even fewer is typical for a woman. I'm not that familiar with JUDDD so sorry if that thread wasn't helpful.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Check out the JUDDD forums Down Day (DD) Recipes sticky. Lots of low-carb recipes there. Most are well under 500 calories: Down Days recipes ONLY
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Mint Slice

Using the LC foods Brownies, i have experimented in substituting the excess fats and oils required, and replacing them with Walden Farms Chocolate dip, divinchi syrup, egg whites (instead of whole eggs) and 1 tbsp low fat margarine spread. they turned out pretty good, possibly a little dry when first out the oven, but the day after being in the fridge they moisten up. I also added a handful of blended cocoa nibs to the mix, and 1.5tsp peppermint extract.

For the peppermint cream – heres the twisted part, its made of noodles...miracle noodles, I prepared 2 bags of the noodles, rinsing, boiling then dry frying the excess moisture, chuck'em in a blender, add a few drops of stevia, 1/2cup of your favourite sweetener – taste it to make sure its got a “sweet” flavour, then i added 1.5 tbsp of LC foods vanilla frosting and 2 tsp of peppermint extract (taste and add more if required).<update - after creating, i learnt the peppermint cream had more of a gel consistency rather than cream, so in this step i would actually add 2 - 2.5tbsp of LC vanilla frosting powder>

It tastes great but lacks creaminess, so I added ½ scoop vanilla cream whey powder to provide some creaminess, along with 1/3 tbsp Light cream cheese, 1/2 cup of more sweetner (as i like my stuff super sweet, but you should add what you think tastes best) - you may wish to add a tbsp of cream to assist in getting a creamy consitency.

– you may need to add more peppermint essence, i also added some half tbsp of low fat margarine spread. while blending it starts to get thicker – transfer the mixture to a saucepan and slightly heat to soften the LC vanilla frosting, so when its placed on the brownies it sets.

- the choc topping is walden farms choc dip, equal parts LC foods confectionary sugar, 30mls Divinchi white choc syrup, tsp low fat butter, and tbsp of some stevia hot choc milk flavouring, and half a block of chocoperfection melted in, then sprinkled with a SF mint crisp choc bar all crumbled up

the verdict: The peppermint cream which is the main feature really is DELICIOUS in taste, however im a little skeptical how the texture turned out, almost like a gel, BUT this may be due to the fact instead of heating the vanilla frosting to assist in thickening the mix when placed on the brownies, i attempted a quick and lazy method of using alot of konjac flour - which i wont do again, and why i removed it from being mentioned. I think the peppermint cream with noodles is fine as is without the thickening, but if it does lack thickness, whilst warming on the stove, add couple tsp of coconut flour so it soaks up the liquid. I know the LC foods frosting sets after being melted, so although it may appear runny at first, as long as its thick enough, just know its only going to get thicker as it set.

---dont add the chocolate topping until you get a scense of how the noodle cream will turn out, by putting some in the frindge on its own and seeing how the consistency works out. Mine turned out fine for my tastes but i understand some people might not agree due to the slight gelatinious propertys of the miracle noodles....SO

Optionally, if you created it, and dont like it, simply place it all back in a saucepan on the stove, and add the rest of the pack of the LC foods frosting to the peppermint noodle mix... and it changes the whole structure (i did this with some leftover peppermint cream, and had great results, which would easily work on brownies, and would be more favourable to those who dont like the slight gel consitency)

sorry this isnt an exact recipe, this is just me experimenting, and trying to keep the carbs low, while reducing fat calories aswell, and hopefully providing others with ideas for their own creations = Food science my friends

Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Low fat Low carb Mock potato chips - this is pretty much similar to the famous (and yummy) cheese chips, but using miracle noodles to provide calorie-less bulk, so we can enjoy a few more

2 bags Miracle noodles
4 egg whites
1 cup water
1/4 tsp konjac flour
1 tbsp carb free flour (i used LC foods pasta flour for this, as its all i have left lol)
1 cup light grated tasty cheese - 5g fat 0.9gcarbs
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese - the dry/canister type
-1 tbsp (or more to taste) of your favourite herb mix, i used Powdered onion, powdered garlic, chives, and 2 beef stock tubes.
alternate flavourings by sprinkling with popcorn seasoning whilst cooking.

*prepare noodles by rinsing well, boiling, dry frying, then chuck'em in a blender
*blend well, but keep stopping the blender to scrap down the sides of the jug so the end result is a pure thick paste.
*add egg whites, flour, herbs, both cheeses and blend well while adding water
*once all the ingredients are blended well together, add the Konjac Flour to thicken slightly, although you may need to add more water as you want a runny pancake like batter
*This part is time consuming, but i originally used the frying pan with egg rings to fry the mixture up,9sprinkle your popcorn seasoning on lightly at this point if you plan to flavour your chips)
------be warned you have to wait for the mixture to completely cook throughout and become firm before attempting to flip, which is why its time consuming, as i found it took longer than 10min each batch, so i would go away and do something while i waited.
*once firm and able to stay in one peice, flip the chips over and let brown
*once your entire batch is done, place on an oven tray, and leave in the oven on a very low temp for as long as possible - a conventional benchtop oven works a charm in drying these chips out further, i place it just slightly higher than "warm/thaw" and leave for an hour and come back and they are perfect!!
serve with your favourite dip, and know that you can splurge on a few more chips, without the guilt.

<Update, im attempting a new method, of laying out aluminium foil on a large baking tray with sides that rise atleast a cm, spray the foil with non-stick oil, and pour batter onto baking tray in a thin layer, and place in the oven to slowly bake - once light brown cut with a pizza cutter, seperate then return to oven, or conventional benchtop on very low to crispen. it doesnt look as pretty but its alot less effort!! >

I ate all the nice circle ones, and didnt take a pic, but by doing the oven tray method, as you can see while baking and drying up the chips crack and seperate which is what i mean by they dont look as good, but they taste just as good, and they halve the calories of the standard cheese chips.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LOW_CARB_LOLA
Stats: 5'7" 304/154.4/120?
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: January 2012
Looks delish!
LOW_CARB_LOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

low carb - low calorie, FILLING!! Lemon Snow (contains raw egg whites)
- tastes DELICIOUS with warm home made low carb/low cal custard

Ingredients

1 Tablespoon plain gelatin powder with 1/4 cup cold water
1 C boiling water
Artificial sweetener to equal a cup of sugar (zero carb sweetener such as liquid sucralose is best
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 egg whites

Preparation:

1. Mix the gelatin with the cold water in a large mixing bowl. Let sit for about 2 minutes to soften.

2. Add boiling water and stir to dissolve.

3. Add sweetener and lemon juice. Place uncovered in refrigerator to cool. Stir every 10 minutes or so, until it begins to thicken (this could take up to an hour). My mother's recipe says the spoon should "leave a trail" when you stir it, but if the mixture is obviously thickening, it works.

4. With mixer on high, beat gelatin mixture until fully frothy, 1 to 2 minutes. A whisk attachment helps. You can use a regular whisk, but be prepared for some arm exercise!

5. Add egg whites and beat until stiff (soft peaks are good enough if they hold their shape fairly well). This might be another 2 to 5 minutes, so keep checking. Leave in bowl or transfer to another bowl or mold. Refrigerate -- you can serve it any time, but it will set up well in about 15 minutes.

Serve with custard sauce, or defrost some frozen raspberries and sweeten to taste - this makes a nice sauce.

Nutritional Analysis:Each of 8 servings has (drum roll) about half a gram of carb and 11 calories. Raspberry sauce made from 1/4 cup frozen raspberries (no sugar added) adds 2 grams usable carbs and 2 grams fiber. Custard sauce adds about the same.

*** could use sugar free lemon jelly instead. Fresh is best though
*** Recipe was not written or created by me, it was written by LAURA DOLSON ... i have however made this recipe, and i plan to make it again, and again !!
Old 07-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: graciejean
please keep the good work up,and thanks for the thread
graciejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

No worries at all Gracie, i figured their are so many delicious and tasty low carb recipes on the forum, but alot of which contain such a high number of calories (200+) so its great to have alternatives for those days when all ya want to do is eat. And sadly my daily intake for my height is 1080 calories, so alot of the recipes seen within the forums would take up half my daily calorie intake LOL... so ill keep on sharing for those interested
Old 08-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl0nd3y View Post
low carb - low calorie, FILLING!! Lemon Snow (contains raw egg whites)
- tastes DELICIOUS with warm home made low carb/low cal custard

Ingredients

1 Tablespoon plain gelatin powder with 1/4 cup cold water
1 C boiling water
Artificial sweetener to equal a cup of sugar (zero carb sweetener such as liquid sucralose is best
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 egg whites

Preparation:

1. Mix the gelatin with the cold water in a large mixing bowl. Let sit for about 2 minutes to soften.

2. Add boiling water and stir to dissolve.

3. Add sweetener and lemon juice. Place uncovered in refrigerator to cool. Stir every 10 minutes or so, until it begins to thicken (this could take up to an hour). My mother's recipe says the spoon should "leave a trail" when you stir it, but if the mixture is obviously thickening, it works.

4. With mixer on high, beat gelatin mixture until fully frothy, 1 to 2 minutes. A whisk attachment helps. You can use a regular whisk, but be prepared for some arm exercise!

5. Add egg whites and beat until stiff (soft peaks are good enough if they hold their shape fairly well). This might be another 2 to 5 minutes, so keep checking. Leave in bowl or transfer to another bowl or mold. Refrigerate -- you can serve it any time, but it will set up well in about 15 minutes.

Serve with custard sauce, or defrost some frozen raspberries and sweeten to taste - this makes a nice sauce.

Nutritional Analysis:Each of 8 servings has (drum roll) about half a gram of carb and 11 calories. Raspberry sauce made from 1/4 cup frozen raspberries (no sugar added) adds 2 grams usable carbs and 2 grams fiber. Custard sauce adds about the same.

*** could use sugar free lemon jelly instead. Fresh is best though
*** Recipe was not written or created by me, it was written by LAURA DOLSON ... i have however made this recipe, and i plan to make it again, and again !!

Just wanted to update this one, and mention that this creation works with flavored jello-os. in this image i used no calorie diet pineapple flavored jello and it is so yummy. i also added a bit of SF pineapple divinchi syrup instead of any sweeteners, its so filling, and great for those night time sweet cravings.

I have also made a chocolate variation, using the gelatin with a 1/2 tablespoon of Jello sugar free flavored pudding (or you can use Dixie carb counters pudding mix, LC foods choc milkshake mix, or syntrax nectar protein powder in chocolate truffle flavor etc) some SF Choc divinchi syrup, and cocoa powder in place of lemon juice - same method of fluffing up the egg whites, melting the geltine/choc mix, allowing to cool, then slowly add to egg whites while whipping, then cool. Tastes like chocolate moose.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
It's a "Down Day" on the Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet. The number of DD calories varies by person but I think 500 or even fewer is typical for a woman. I'm not that familiar with JUDDD so sorry if that thread wasn't helpful.
No need to be sorry mistizoom, thank-you for explaining, i might have a look into this JUDDD as i see it mentioned quiet often. In all honesty im just happy you took the time to assist, its greatly appreciated, and i am very thank-ful
Old 08-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
yeah I like the 1MM but a 1/4 c flaxseed has a lot of calories am thing PP for some of the flax but haven't really thought it thru.
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

I tried protein powder ... not a nice result at all hahaha. its was a firm rubber like foam, and worst of it...its didnt evan bounce so i wasnt able to play with it either LOL.... i did some reading last night and it looks like when u bake with PP you have to use a max 1/4 of the flour mix being protein powder or you will end up with a rubber result. Also it says to always include some form of fruit or veggie during baking so it stays moist - so i was thinking instead of fruit or veg = added carbs, perhaps pureed miracle noodles which is pure fiber will keep the moisture...or maby some sweetened pureed/mashed cauliflower or zucchini?

i plan on attempting a low cal no carb OMM very soon once i received all my stuff. i have to order from the USA as australia is to far behind with what they have available for low carb baking, but im starting to realize the only true low calorie, low carb options for flours is pure fibers, such as oat fiber, cereal fiber, or pysllium HUSKs, and these are also some ingredients included in bake mixes - or the zero carb julian bakery cookie, so my first attempt will be a fiber cookie then a OOM.

Last edited by bl0nd3y; 08-04-2013 at 11:02 PM..
Old 08-05-2013, 04:58 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: soon
Stats: restart 07
WOE: whatever works
Hmm looks like u have given ir lots of thought thanks for sharingt
soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:46 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
I add glucomman powder to all my baked goods. It works particularly well with protein powder. The resulting baked good is much moister.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

thanks soobee, and you are right !! i tried a bit of gluc in a standard cookie attempt, which is usually dry and none to pleasant, and i have to say it sure works at keeping the moisture in, these cookies turned out yummy - who would have thought gluc in baking hey... so many uses, i just love the stuff !!

Iv been trying with merigues latley because of its low calories and low carb, but obviously the splender version is not to pleasant, and for some reason xylitol makes soft puffs than are very unusual - i know the splenda and eggwhites turns out dry and foamy, perhaps gluc in the mix may help? ill give that a try after i attempt a meringue using LC foods marshmallow fluff :P

Last edited by bl0nd3y; 08-07-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

FAILED !! but i do have hopes that this marshmallow stuff CAN work for meringues... i think it was something i added to the mixture which caused my flat results, but as far as "crisp/texture" goes they were perfect - crisp on the outside, and chewy in the center

i added some Capella flavour drops, and some divinchi vanilla syrup - all was fine until i added those two ingredients which is why i think it will work, if more cautious about adding other ingredients.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Heres another take on my Extra low cal cracker/chips -

same ingredients
-2 bags miracle noodles, rinsed, dry fried - pureed
-28g scoop LC flour
-28g scoop flax meal/almond meal blend
-28g pea protein / whey protein powder
- 2 x egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- almond milk added until mixture is slightly runnier than pancake mixture

(optional onion powder, garlic powder, tomato powder etc)

blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth

Spray your waffle maker, and place a very thin layer on the plate, just enough to cover the grooves and bumps, while keeping it as thin as possible, cook until light brown

place in oven on very low for hour, or until crispy before serving.

the Dip i made is also calorie cut

-half jar Walden farms mayo
-half a tub light philly cheese
-1.5 tsp garlic powder
-2 tsp onion powder
-2 tsp dried onions
-1 tsp salt
-1/3 cup light grated cheese
---you may wish to add additional herbs, spices or more onion powder according to your own preference

(optional - ham sliced into tiny cubes, and capsicum sliced in tiny cubes - sprinkle with Parmesan or paprika)
Old 08-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

These look yummy. I wonder if we could use powdered glucomannan instead of the pureed shirataki. I think it would be cheaper.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

possibly - i have 1kg of gluc on the way, so ill soon be able to find out. I just like the noodles, as it has the perfect ratio of liquid to "solid" to add the bulk, so i know what im working with, but i think if using gluc i would mix it in a separate bowl, with water, and get the consistency the same and pureed noodles before adding it to the mix... i will try it when i get the glucomannan and will update, as im curious to know

i got sooo many ideas for the Glucomannan, going to re-attempt some failed baked goods, which im looking forward to!!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:42 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

iv figured out it was due to my oven been broken (door doesnt seal) that the meringues deflated, as i made another lot without the suspected culprits and they too failed on me BUT the third lot i have chosen to make in the convection benchtop oven and although tempted, i will not open until they are finished but so far, they are standing and looking crispy....

as far as my "failed" meringues go, can you believe i have created a low carb version of the mcdonalds cookies except these have a chewiness to them on the inside - super crisp on the outside... they are thinner but they are crunchy throughout.... thinking i might sandwich them with frosting - label them crispy shortbreads lol

Old 08-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This mistake looks good enough to do again, but on purpose this time. I love it when my mistakes turn out even better than the original.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Low fat, Low carb Gluc Muffins

I tried your idea of using Glucomannan powder instead of blended noodles - worked perfectly, i made these muffins i wanted to share, as they are low cal and low carb. I think i have found my favourite ingredient ever... konjac/gluc flour !!

1 cup water – 0 carbs, 0g fat
½ cup cocoa powder – 4 carbs 2g fat
½ cup Lc foods sweetener (replace with your preference) - 0 carbs, 0g fat
1 cup swerve sweetener - 0 carbs, 0 fat
2 scoops Nectar 0 carb protein powder in choc fudge flavour - 1 carb 0.5g fat
(I used 1 scoop of nectar protein, and 1 scoop biochem dutch choc flavour protein powder which may of contributed to the AMAZING flavout)
1 cup LC foods cake flour (or BTF mix - im yet to confirm this will have the same result) 6 carbs 0.2g fat
Konjac flour (unmeasured, I just kept adding bit at a time) 0 carbs
½ cup coconut flour 3 carbs 3g fat
1 tsp baking powder 2 carbs 0 fat
2 x egg whites 0.5 carbs 0 fat
additional liquid (I used almond milk) to provide enough moisture for cake batter 1 carbs 1.5fat

Not including chocolate – my chocolate is homemade, with LC foods milk powder so I know its completely carb free except for the small amount in cocoa powder, Muffins are tiny so you only need a tiny bit (example of size = .5 mm wide x 1cm) so it would be a negligible amount, but it makes these muffins sparkle.

Servings: I made 23 mini muffins from this mix
Batch total 17.5 carbs without choc = 0.76 carbs per muffin
total fat 7.7g without choc = 0.33g fat per muffin

*In a bowl add 1 cup of water, ½ cup cocoa powder, ½ cup sweetener, and 1 cup of swerve, and 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 tsp of baking powder

*The mixture should still look like a very runny liquid, if not add more water.

*Sprinkle konjac flour over the mixture while stiring, and add a tsp at a time while mixing and observing for when the batter starts to thicken, we want to add enough to be a rather thick pancake like batter – so keep mixing and adding.

*To the batter add your ½ cup coconut flour, your cake flour, and 2 egg whites, then continue to mix. The mixture will become very thick, so you may like to add some almond milk (or water, or cream, or divinchi syrup) to the batter to get it back to its cake batter appearance.

*Spoon into mini muffin pans before baking at 180C for 15min or until ready. Inside is very moist. I recommend either adding some diced SF choc bits to the mix OR slide a piece of chocolate into the muffin after baking and while still warm, so the inside fills with chocolate. You may wish to add more sweetener – I did after I tasted the final batter

A little tip for moderation control, I purchased this cheap little rose shaped muffin pan off ebay, and I tell you, it has been a real life saver when it comes to portion control. They are very mini, so the baked goods cooked in this mold is enough to give someone “a taste”, or a bit of tummy filling while waiting for your next meal. Also with being made with Gluccomanan flour, these mini muffins are filling, and very chocolatey. This mould is also good for doughnut holes, and OMM so you can portion it out, and makes you feel as though you are eating more. Heres an image of my muffin mould. I cut mine to fit in my benchtop convectional oven, and below it is a link to an ebay store that sells them (i logged in on the international ebay account, and found the cheapest one for anywho whos interested in buying)

And heres where your able to purchase one, i think this one is similar, although i know mines a little deeper than 8mm so unsure if its exactly the same Rose Silicone Cutter Candy Cookie Jelly Ice Chocolate Sugarcraft Mold Kitchen | eBay
Old 08-16-2013, 05:42 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: graciejean
wonderful simply wonderful . I have got to try your mistake cookies,hehehe
graciejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Ouizoid's omm with oat fiber 500 is so good and its huge...
This made a wowzer delish chocolate low carb low fat muffin:

DRY
1/4 cup oat fiber
2 Tbs Hersheys special dark cocoa (20 cals)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 or a little less cup erythritol
1 tsp glucomannan powder

blend dry ingredients

WET
1/3 cup liquid eggwhite (30)
2 Tbs davinci SF vanilla syrup
2 Tbs hersheys sf chocolate syrup (15 cals)

mix together wet and dry and microwave for about a minute. There may be a little moist stuff on top--don't microwave until entirely dry.

Im thinking about 65 calories and 2-3 carbs for the thing. I sliced it up and topped with a little more hersheys sf syrup and it was so YUM. I think adding the glucomannan powder to the dry ingredients gave it a much moister crumb than you usually get with oat fiber--and of course cocoa acts like flour most of the time.

I use half the sweetener and omit the cocoa and add blue berries for a different version...this recipe will make a muffin that fills a big 2 cup cereal bowl. It keeps me full for hours .

Being fat is Hard...Dieting is Hard... Pick your hard

Live, Laugh, Love and...LEARN from mistakes

65 pounds lost so far and not looking back
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BlOnd3y, these look fabulous. Are you using ground coconut? If not, what brand of coconut flour are you using, because mine has considerably more carbs than yours.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Hi lterry913, thanks for dropping by and sharing Ouizoids OMM choc muffin recipe, ill be sure to give it a try, as my recipe - althought tastes excellent on the day of baking, seems to have lost moisture overnight and become a little dry which is disappointing - but i had them for breakfasts - warmed up with some chocolate ice-cream... im so full lol

Hey soobee, that is strange the carb content is different, i just purchased a big bulk generic bag from an Australian whole foods supplier. and just went by the label. they don't include fiber carbs in carb counts, as in Australia the fiber is deducted from the carb total on the labels, perhaps this may be why they are a bit different?
Old 08-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sligh
Stats: 190/118/145
Start Date: January 31, 2003
I just tried Ouizoid's OMM and love it. So much flavor for so few carbs and calories.
sligh is offline   Reply With Quote