Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   sauce for dry ribs?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/808265-sauce-dry-ribs.html)

MichelleM 07-18-2013 02:17 PM

sauce for dry ribs??

I bought some yummy ribs. they are dry. no sauce. Id love to make a lowcarb sauce for them.

any ideas would be appreciated.

:dunno:

emel 07-18-2013 02:21 PM

MY FAVORITE BBQ SAUCE - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

I was in a hurry the other day when my husband wanted to cook ribs, so I just threw together
1 tbl distilled vinegar
1/2 tbl 1 carb ketchup
1 tsp brown mustard
a squirt of sweetener
a shake of worchestershire,
onion powder and garlic powder.

I didn't cook it before I basted the ribs with it. It was okay but not as good as the one from Linda Sue's site.

Garlic 07-18-2013 02:43 PM

As someone who has won awards for BBQ, and I have won several, the one that emel just posted would be pretty good. Really it has the base ingredients of many BBQ sauces. Though I prefer apple cider vinegar, but essentially the same. I like more Worcestershire sauce, too.

Now if only there was low carb molasses. :D

BTW, little trick.... if you ever make BBQ sauce, and it feels like "something" is missing, that little something might be some fresh lemon juice. It can really put some pop in the flavor.

emel 07-18-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlic (Post 16521131)
As someone who has won awards for BBQ, and I have won several, the one that emel just posted would be pretty good. Really it has the base ingredients of many BBQ sauces. Though I prefer apple cider vinegar, but essentially the same. I like more Worcestershire sauce, too.

Now if only there was low carb molasses. :D

BTW, little trick.... if you ever make BBQ sauce, and it feels like "something" is missing, that little something might be some fresh lemon juice. It can really put some pop in the flavor.

a tsp good molasses mixed with sweetener approximates the taste we look for in molasses somewhat. For 5 extra carbs for the batch, I do it sometimes.

If you like citrus on grilled meats, you should try our wood-grilled lamb leg--- coarse salt and juice from a half dozen limes. Just a touch past rare. As simple as it is, it is the bomb.

thatphdguy 07-18-2013 07:28 PM

What about Guys low carb BBQ sauce?

Pami 07-18-2013 07:48 PM

Hi MichelleM- LTNS!

Anyway, take a look at this one:

The BEST BBQ Sauce I Have EVER Tasted!!

Garlic 07-18-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 16521498)
Hi MichelleM- LTNS!

Anyway, take a look at this one:

The BEST BBQ Sauce I Have EVER Tasted!!

That looks like a might tasty sauce.... just a bit more work to make.... but I would make it for sure.

djlottawa 07-18-2013 09:00 PM

Now I know not everyone is a fan of sugar substitutes but but has been my best rub and I started making even before low carb. The thing you might find hard to find is the rosemary powder. If you have a coffee grinder (those small one cup grinders) you can use that to make your own with regular rosemary. This is a modified version of my regular full sugar/brown sugar one.

Once done, you then put the rub on the meat of your choice overnight in the fridge.

3/4 cup Splenda brown sugar Blend
3/4 cup Splenda granulated
1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup Morton's kosher salt
1/4 cup garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 teaspoons rosemary powder

emel 07-19-2013 02:46 AM

My dry rub is hot paprika, regular paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and a little powdered sweetener.

rosethorns 07-19-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djlottawa (Post 16521582)
Now I know not everyone is a fan of sugar substitutes but but has been my best rub and I started making even before low carb. The thing you might find hard to find is the rosemary powder. If you have a coffee grinder (those small one cup grinders) you can use that to make your own with regular rosemary. This is a modified version of my regular full sugar/brown sugar one.

Once done, you then put the rub on the meat of your choice overnight in the fridge.

3/4 cup Splenda brown sugar Blend
3/4 cup Splenda granulated
1/2 cup paprika
1/4 cup Morton's kosher salt
1/4 cup garlic powder
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 teaspoons rosemary powder

Splenda brown sugar HAS real sugar in it. Read it.