Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chuck41
Stats: 6'2"-250/213.5/195
WOE: General Low Carb
Start Date: Dec, 31, 2012
Fat Bomb Help

I have been trying to make fat bombs using Truvia or Splenda with coconut oil and cocoa. The sweetner refuses to dissolve in tne coconut oil. I've tried more heat, less heat, blender, cream cheese, nothing seems to work. What do you add or do to get it to not end up grainy? They taste OK, but would be so much better if they had a more smooth texture.
Chuck41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 04:11 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mobear
Stats: 235/195/LESS
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: 9/2010
Truvia only dissolves in fairly warm liquids. Erythritol in powder form (check Netrition) will dissolve and not be grainy. I don't use the powdered splenda in the little packs because of the dextrose use to "bulk" the product - it should be counted at 1 carb per pack. In fat bombs I generally use liquid sucralose EzSweetz from Netrition. I think Walmart may carry liquid sucralose now but I've never checked locally.

When I make cream cheese clouds or anything like that I also use the Ez-Sweetz from Netrition.
Mobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I make mine without sweetener. I add butter as one of my fats and I find I appreciate the sweet taste of that. I know now where the phrase "sweet cream" comes from. You could try that for one batch, and see if you really miss the sweetener that much. I mix some whey protein powder in mine, so I get a bit of grainy of chewey depending on proportions, but I am working on perfecting my recipe.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Chuck take your E. and the cocoa powder combine together really well. Use a blender if you have to. I powder my E. to get it to dissolve better. If you are using Truvia you should have a better time with it.

Please don't use Splenda by it self with chocolate, you will get a very bitter product.

If you make the clouds, keto balls , cream cheese muffins use ez-sweet ( liquid sucralose ) . Any chocolate has to have another sweetner with the Splenda.

Hope that helps.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
For chocolate ones I use a combination of EZ-Sweetz (liquid suralose), powdered erythritol (I powder it in an extra coffee grinder I have for such things) and NuNaturals Stevia drops (all to taste). As others say, never only Splenda with chocolate, it's gotta be a combination of sweeteners otherwise it's bitter. Any other flavor, it doesn't really matter, whatever you like.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote