Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: socaligirl714
Stats: 310/286/180
Start Date: Restart-06/18/12
steamed broccoli

We are back on low carb....

Well i was half asleep this AM preping lunches... I put the whole huge bag of broccoli in the microwave to steam... How long will it stay good for? i put it in a tupperware in the fridge.
socaligirl714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
3 days refrigerated. You can freeze it in 1 cup portions tonight if you're afraid you won't go through it all. (baggies with portions, all in one big tupperware)

Take it out of the baggie to microwave. That plastic isn't good to heat around your food.
emel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emel View Post
3 days refrigerated. You can freeze it in 1 cup portions tonight if you're afraid you won't go through it all. (baggies with portions, all in one big tupperware)

Take it out of the baggie to microwave. That plastic isn't good to heat around your food.

If i freeze it how would i prepare it? just microwave for a few minutes? I usually buy individual broc and cheese's but this was way cheaper and i can control the cheese i put in it. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: emel
Stats: 179.4/158.8/130ish
WOE: Atkins OWL/NK hybrid
Easiest would be to plan ahead and put individual baggies into the frig the night before you want to eat it. then just plop on a plate and nuke til hot, about a minute.

To nuke frozen already-cooked broccoli, I'd put it on 60 to 70% power for a minute or two, then nuke for a minute at full power to get it hot through.

Or you could toss the baggie into a bowl of hot water at the start of your prep, and it should thaw enough in 5 min or so to be nuked to hot for 90 seconds or a little more.

Signed, the girl whose answers are always really really long.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emel View Post
Easiest would be to plan ahead and put individual baggies into the frig the night before you want to eat it. then just plop on a plate and nuke til hot, about a minute.

To nuke frozen already-cooked broccoli, I'd put it on 60 to 70% power for a minute or two, then nuke for a minute at full power to get it hot through.

Or you could toss the baggie into a bowl of hot water at the start of your prep, and it should thaw enough in 5 min or so to be nuked to hot for 90 seconds or a little more.

Signed, the girl whose answers are always really really long.

COOL!!! thanks!!! i never knew u can cook it then freeze it.. that will cut down my prep time..

Long but usefull posts
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
I do this a lot on the M/E fast. I buy the $.99 bags, so there's not like a whole lot in them. I steam the whole bag, then portion out 6 pieces per meal. It never ha a chance to go bad. I kept it in a ceramic crock with a plastic lid (in the fridge, of course). I use broccoli and Brussels sprouts.
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote