Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Does anyone have a good low carb bread pudding recipe? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/808005-does-anyone-have-good-low-carb-bread-pudding-recipe.html)

ERnurse 07-14-2013 10:07 AM

Does anyone have a good low carb bread pudding recipe?

We had lunch today with my husband's grandma, and she made bread pudding. That's one of my favorite desserts before low carbing, but I stayed strong. Does anyone have a good alternative that is low carb? :dunno:

lterry913 07-14-2013 11:29 AM

I make the mock danish and add a tbs of flax to it...slightly under cook so it doesn't get tough...when done cooking I add butter to top along with cinnamon and erythritol...closest thing to bread pudding i have had...you could serve sf vanilla pudding with this if you wanted a custard type braed pudding sauce.
The danish recipe I use is ...
2 ounces of cream cheese softened in microwave for 20 seconds
2 eggs
Tbs of flax
tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon or more if you like
6 drops of liquid splenda

whisk all together and microwave for 2 min...remove and top with butter slices, some more cinnamon and erythrtol or truvia...just like the sugar taste of these...Here is where you could add the vanilla pudding sauce or a custard if you like...hope you find a recipe that works but this pleasantly surprised me when I made it. Bread pudding was what came to mind the first time I tasted it....Of course nothing will ever be the same but this could be made close.

I did try this and added 2 drops of capella cinnamon bun flavored drops and it tasted really good...but you can make it with out the drops and whatever sweetener you choose.

rosethorns 07-14-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ERnurse (Post 16514582)
We had lunch today with my husband's grandma, and she made bread pudding. That's one of my favorite desserts before low carbing, but I stayed strong. Does anyone have a good alternative that is low carb? :dunno:

I have never like breading pudding, it's a texture thing. That said my mom sister and DH say I make the best bread pudding.

I use to use Kevins simple bread recipe for my DH's bread pudding. If you use his bread recipe you have to cut the slices about 1/2" thick.
Dry it out for a few hours.I don't know how much you want to make . This is about 4 servings.

Bread pudding

8 slices cubed bread
1/2 c. HWC
1/2 c. water
4 eggs
1/4 tsp. liquid sucralose ( any sweetner for 1 cup)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Put cubed bread in casserole dish , sprinkle cinnamon over bread and set aside. In another bowl mix eggs, water , HWC, liquid sucralose, & vanilla. Pour over bread and bake @ 350 for about 30 mins.

I am told that this is awesome.

Divabunny 07-14-2013 02:20 PM

Bread pudding is pretty low carb if you can find a good low carb bread. I've used the Sara Lee delightful bread with good results.

eagle eye 07-15-2013 06:32 PM

Please go to Linda Sue's website. her breadless pudding recipe is delicious!!!! I love bread pudding :D