Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Printing Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/807784-printing-recipes.html)

Gamaw22 07-11-2013 08:54 AM

Printing Recipes

I'm new here. Is there a way to print a recipe with out all the reviews. takes a lot of paper! I would like to take them to the kitchen. Thanks !

rcookie 07-11-2013 09:03 AM

I just print page 1 of the screen rather than using quick print to print the entire page.
hope that helps!

TheSouthernPrincess 07-11-2013 09:38 AM

I copy and paste it to Microsoft word, or other document program. It takes out all of the excess stuff too :)

Gamaw22 07-11-2013 09:46 AM

Printing Recipes

Thanks so much I will try that today !

dianafoot 07-11-2013 10:46 AM

I too highlight, copy, and paste on a Word document. Very important to me, though, is to copy the URL and paste it below the recipe, along with the post # and the author of the recipe. That way if I want to see comments or share the recipe on another thread, I can quickly get back to it and cite it properly for others.

Charski 07-11-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianafoot (Post 16510187)
I too highlight, copy, and paste on a Word document. Very important to me, though, is to copy the URL and paste it below the recipe, along with the post # and the author of the recipe. That way if I want to see comments or share the recipe on another thread, I can quickly get back to it and cite it properly for others.

Me too. It's nice to reference back to where the recipe came from, a year or three down the line - my memory banks just don't hold onto that kind of detail like they used to! :)

ljguitar 07-11-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamaw22 (Post 16509997)
I'm new here. Is there a way to print a recipe with out all the reviews. takes a lot of paper! I would like to take them to the kitchen. Thanks !

Hi Gamaw...

Hit print, and then tell it to print from page 1 to 1

rosethorns 07-11-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianafoot (Post 16510187)

Yep I do this too. In my earlier printings I did not do this but I learned that lesson pretty quick.

alonewithyou 07-12-2013 02:31 PM

I save all my recipes in a program called Evernote. Visit their site with the same name to find out more about it! It's really genius. I have the Evernote app on my iphone, so I get access to all the stuff I have on Evernote on my computer. Brilliant!!

watcher513 07-12-2013 02:35 PM

I copy/paste to either an email or a word document. I don't put the url in it but I'll put the site then the person's name/screen name (Recipe Name - LCF, screenname) so I know where to find it again if needed. The url is a good idea.

Smiles 07-27-2013 08:39 PM

You can also highlight the text you want to print, then hit 'print selection.'

Tracy

Bar10der 07-28-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiles (Post 16533788)
You can also highlight the text you want to print, then hit 'print selection.'

Tracy

That's what I do. I never know if I want to keep a recipe after I make it. ;)

dianafoot 07-29-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bar10der (Post 16534142)
That's what I do. I never know if I want to keep a recipe after I make it. ;)

I made a lemon "loaf" (really a cake) from Jennifer Eloff's site a week ago and served it to company. I didn't copy and save it in a file because I didn't know if I'd like it and want to make it again. When my guests raved and asked for the recipe, I spent hours looking for it, searching for low carb lemon cake, etc. and couldn't find it. Lesson learned!

Garlic 07-30-2013 04:55 AM

Another thing you can do is go paperless..... for instance, I have an iPad mini, and I just place a bookmark for the recipe on my screen.... touch the bookmark, and voila! And the advantage is also that I can expand the size of the text if needed.

I also make folders for them, and can store 9 recipes per folder - this is for an iPad, but not sure how it would work on any other tablet.

sligh 07-30-2013 05:36 AM

Another vote for Evernote. The mobile app is great and now I always have the list of ingredients needed when I think of something I want to make while I'm at the grocery.