Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HisGrace
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 10, 2013
Super Easy Jello Lemon "Cheesecake"

I've been off Atkins for several years - and gained all my weight back plus some, of course. When I was on Atkins before, there was a jello "cheesecake" recipe going around that I just loved.

All I can remember is that it takes 8 oz. of cream cheese, 1 sm. box of lemon jello, and not much else. I remember you mix the jello with 1 cup of boiling water, then add it to the blender with the cream cheese. There's no sour cream, no heavy cream, etc. in this one, no eggs, etc.

Does anyone know what recipe I'm talking about?

Thanks for any help!!
HisGrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JHoberer
Stats: 283/177.0/170, 5'10.5", 38
WOE: 1/08: Atkins, 8/11: HCG, 7/12: JUDDD, 10/12: HCG
I have a similar recipe for chocolate mousse that I've been tryimh to convert to lime mousse (think key lime pie filling)... but no lemon.
JHoberer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grammy G
Stats: 235/185/150
WOE: Paleo
I was wondering if you could give some advice to those of us who are concerned we may gain our weight back after we've lost it (just like all the times in the past)? Did you start eating carbs because your cravings came back or because you just got tired of fighting? I hope this is not too personal.
Grammy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Linda's low carb recipes has one, but I haven't ever made it.
I found several LC recipes via google...maybe someone here will recall the thread for you.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy G View Post
I was wondering if you could give some advice to those of us who are concerned we may gain our weight back after we've lost it (just like all the times in the past)? Did you start eating carbs because your cravings came back or because you just got tired of fighting? I hope this is not too personal.
Probably a combination of reasons - I got tired of fighting the fight, and listening to (WELL-MEANING!) people who insisted, oh a little bit of this or that, etc., won't hurt you!! And before I knew it, I was back to eating what the rest of the world thinks is healthy - whole grains, lots of fruit, etc. DH and I did the MediFast thing - the weight came off & came off quickly, but came back just as quickly. Despite what they promote, I was HUNGRY 24/7!!! And it's EXPENSIVE!! Low Carb isn't expensive at all, compared to MediFast!!

And I'm an emotional eater . . . never a good thing to be, but . . . it is what it is.

Oh well, I'm back here now. Induction is never fun, though, and I've just got to get my head back on straight, and figure out what I can grab on my way out the door for breakfast & lunch! This board is awesome for getting most of my recipes back!!

Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Welcome back, HisGrace. I lived down in the Galveston and later, Texas City area for 32 years. Retired to Temple to get away from storms. I wish you success on your second go at Atkins.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grammy G
Stats: 235/185/150
WOE: Paleo
HisGrace.... I do understand. I've felt like a human yo-yo over the years and have lost the same weight only to regain it. But, I hope I never give up... and keep fighting it... just like you!

I'm confident HIS GRACE will help you! :-)
Grammy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dizneegirl
Found this in a thread from 2003:

Lowcarb cheesecake

1 3 oz pk sf jello (lemon)
2 8 oz pks cr cheese
1 cup boling water
1 T vanilla
3-4 pks sweet and low

soften cream cheese, mix jello & water, add cream cheese, van and sweetner.. pour into pie plate and chill for about 3 hours.
dizneegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneegirl View Post
Found this in a thread from 2003:

Lowcarb cheesecake

1 3 oz pk sf jello (lemon)
2 8 oz pks cr cheese
1 cup boling water
1 T vanilla
3-4 pks sweet and low

soften cream cheese, mix jello & water, add cream cheese, van and sweetner.. pour into pie plate and chill for about 3 hours.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I think that's it!! So I was pretty close after all! I used 1 sm pk of lemon jello, ONE pk of cream cheese, the boiling water and some DaVinci vanilla syrup, but left out the sweetener. It doesn't need it anyway - with it, it would be WAY too sweet!

Oh, and I added some flaxseeds too; I was sort of surprised that they came through the blender still whole! Oh well, gives me something to chew on!

Thank you so much for looking that up for me! Most of the cheesecakes I'm seeing in the recipes nowadays are way too complicated & take too long to make. And sit overnight - HA! Ain't happening!!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dizneegirl
Awww... you're very welcome.

Sounds like a nice easy one - might try it myself.
dizneegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Next time just grind the flax seeds first.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote