Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Nespresso machine (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/807605-nespresso-machine.html)

Pam 07-08-2013 09:16 AM

Nespresso machine

I'm thinking about purchasing one. Anyone own it? If so, do you like it?

solarpluvia 07-08-2013 11:01 AM

My mother's work has them and she likes it, but it is very much a one trick pony as all it makes is plain black nespresso. Even with the commercial models, you have to have a separate frothing machine. At least with a k-cup machine you can make all sorts of beverages.

But if you love espresso and don't want to deal with the bother of a home espresso machine, the nespresso is a good choice.

Pam 07-08-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarpluvia (Post 16505156)
My mother's work has them and she likes it, but it is very much a one trick pony as all it makes is plain black nespresso. Even with the commercial models, you have to have a separate frothing machine. At least with a k-cup machine you can make all sorts of beverages.

But if you love espresso and don't want to deal with the bother of a home espresso machine, the nespresso is a good choice.

Thanks....I do own a Keurig which I really love. If the frothing machine is separate, I'm assuming that I could use it with my Keurig?

momov2boys 07-08-2013 10:08 PM

Absolutely LOVE our Nespresso machine!!! DH got it for me (us) for Christmas. It's the best coffee made at home, in my opinion. Going out for coffee is not a treat anymore because the capsules are that amazing.
We have the Maestria in red!

We also have a Keurig which I thought was pretty-good, until I had Nespresso coffee...

solarpluvia 07-09-2013 03:08 PM

With a separate frother, you could use it for anything. Nespresso makes one called the Aeroccino which seems to run at about $100, but gets good reviews. It is a plug in ptcher thingy. Probably does a way better job than a battery powered wand.

Pam 07-09-2013 03:41 PM

Tomorrow, I'm going to Sur La Table. I need to see how the Nespresso system works. I may just purchase the Frother and use it along with our Keurig. We'll see.

THANKS for the input!

socaligirl714 07-16-2013 08:02 AM

my cousin has one and i love the froth... but i hardly use my keurig! i wouldnt buy it but everytime i go over to his house i make myself one :)

momov2boys 07-16-2013 09:30 AM

Nespresso has recently added flavored capsules to their permanent line. Chocolate, vanilla & caramel. They're all wonderful!

:)

Mimosa23 07-19-2013 02:41 AM

I love my Nespresso machine! We also have the Aerochino, and I make my bulletproof coffees in there!
I can only recommend the machine!

Pam 07-22-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momov2boys (Post 16517454)
Nespresso has recently added flavored capsules to their permanent line. Chocolate, vanilla & caramel. They're all wonderful!

:)

Are those capsules sugar free?

Mimosa23 07-22-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam (Post 16526851)
Are those capsules sugar free?

Yes! :jumpjoy:

Pam 07-23-2013 12:50 PM

Thanks, Mimosa!

Mimosa23 07-23-2013 11:07 PM

They are not even sweetened. They just add an aroma, so if you want it sweet you'd have to add some type of sweetener to your cup.

I love my BPC and with my aeroccino I make the best ones! I first make a lungo on the nespresso machine, and add a shot of an espresso as well to the beaker/mixer thingy. Then add my butter and my EVCO and on weekends when I feel like it maybe some heavy cream too. Put lid on, press button, and voila, creamy, yummy BPC!