Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Cinnamon-Pecan Coffeecake (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/807289-cinnamon-pecan-coffeecake.html)

buttoni 07-02-2013 12:16 PM

Cinnamon-Pecan Coffeecake

This cake was a special request by hubby. He's very happy with it! It's kinda dense, like a pound cake, but reheats in the MW on low nicely. Me, I like it right out of the fridge cold.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...utt/002-67.jpg

CINNAMON-PECAN COFFEECAKE

INGREDIENTS:

6 large eggs
2/3 c. erythritol
1/4 c. Splenda or other sweetener of your choice
1 pkt. stevia or 1/16 tsp. stevia extract
2 c. almond flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 T. glucomannan powder (Konjac powder)
1 T. oat fiber (optional)

TOPPING: 4 T. erythritol, 20 pecan halves (chopped), 2 T. melted butter, and 1 T. cinnamon

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease either a springform pan (what I used) or a very deep, 9″ round cake pan with melted butter or coconut oil. Mix topping together in a small bowl and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, measure out and stir together the almond flour, glucomannan, 1 tsp. cinnamon and oat fiber. In another medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs, erythritol, splenda and stevia with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Immediately pour the egg mixture onto the dry ingredients and gently fold the two mixtures together using a rubber spatula. Try not to overwork the batter or the eggs will deflate. When the mixtures are well-incorporated, pour the batter into the greased cake pan. Sprinkle topping evenly on top and pop into 350 oven. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the center comes out dry. Serve for breakfast, warm with soft butter on top or at room temperature any time of day! Store in the refrigerator, as with all low-carb cakes.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 10 servings, each contains:

245 calories
21 g fat
8.37 g carbs, 4.78 g fiber, 3.59 g NET CARBS (4.48 net carbs if cut into 8 servings)
10.1 g protein
53 mg sodium
50 mg potassium
14% RDA Vitamin B12, 23% iron, 13% manganese, 12% riboflavin, 16% selenium

CarolynF 07-02-2013 01:22 PM

This is my next coffee cake after my scones are gone..Looks fabulous.

buttoni 07-02-2013 06:27 PM

Well I only ate 1 piece at breakfast. But my husband has really been hitting on this one! Maybe I've starved him of desserts for too long. LOL He had 2 pieces for breakfast, one after lunch, and is in the kitchen cutting a piece right now! That means there are only 3 pieces left (I cut it into 8 slices)! I'm going to try to be good and not have anymore. But he'll be asking for this one again, that's plain to see. It's not as light as my other raspberry cream cheese coffeecake, but he really prefers dense, pound-cake texture in cakes.

Smiles 07-03-2013 12:51 AM

Oooo, yum! :p I have such a long list of stuff I want to bake...and now, this is on it. :love: I haven't had coffee cake in so long.

Tracy

watcher513 07-03-2013 01:05 AM

Peggy, do you think this would work with the Splenda and Stevia but without the erythritol? I have a friend that can Not eat erythritol At All. It makes her sick. She's fine with Splenda and stevia.

buttoni 07-03-2013 06:58 AM

There's nothing magical about the erythritol. It's just what I used. Splenda and Stevia should work just fine.

buttoni 07-14-2013 08:07 AM

I've decided this cake was a little dry toward the 2-3rd day and have added 1/2 stick butter to the recipe and instructions. This doesn't impact carbs, but ups the calories to 286 per serving and fat to 26g, instructions and nutritional stats on-line. You might want to make a note of this change on your printed copies. It's good as originally written, but I think it will be enhanced somewhat with the addition of butter to the batter.

rosethorns 07-14-2013 10:28 AM

Wow Wow Peggy.......And I can eat it. YUM!!!!! That looks so good.

buttoni 07-14-2013 11:09 AM

Oh, great, Esther. I'm always happy when I've got one YOU can try. I feel for you and all your allergies. I'm so glad I was blessed with only a couple of them. :)