Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Liquid splenda ? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/807280-liquid-splenda.html)

Tater Head 07-02-2013 09:20 AM

Liquid splenda ?

What is everybody using for liquid splenda these days.

I have been off the boards for awhile and have now run out of my old stash. I understand you can't get the good stuff anymore?

Debbie

Ntombi 07-02-2013 09:51 AM

I use sweetzfree. I have been using it for several years, and I really like it. It's super concentrated, and there are also tiny little travel bottles, which I love.

Mistizoom 07-02-2013 10:51 AM

I buy the EZ-Sweetz from Netrition. In a pinch I have some of the Sucralose to Go from Walmart, but it is very dilute.

metqa 07-02-2013 11:41 AM

Ez-sweetz has repackaged themselves for store sales. I saw it in Wally world and was wowed. It's the same 1 drop equals 2 teaspoons formula.

I actually don't use it as much as before, since I've got a gestalt sugar blend but if I just need an extra boost in something I've already sweetened I use it cause it doesn't need to dissolve versus a granular sugar sub.

ETA: What is the "good stuff" you can't get anymore?

ravenrose 07-02-2013 12:37 PM

what's "the good stuff"? *confused*

I like EZSweetz a lot too.

rosethorns 07-02-2013 02:19 PM

I use pure sucralose powder and make my own sweetzfree.

Tater Head 07-02-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16497297)

You must have the good stuff, I used a person Lowcarb man (is he still here) told us about. You mix the powder with water and it was very strong. Wher are you getting the powder?

I may get the ezsweet.

Thx Debbie...

locarbman 07-02-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tater Head (Post 16497422)
You must have the good stuff, I used a person Lowcarb man (is he still here) told us about. You mix the powder with water and it was very strong. Wher are you getting the powder?

I may get the ezsweet.

Thx Debbie...

Hi Debbie,

You may find this thread helpful:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...solutions.html

Welcome back and yes, I'm still here! ;-)

locarbman

locarbman 07-02-2013 05:43 PM

This thread may help as well ;-):

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...sucralose.html

locarbman... ;-)

rosethorns 07-02-2013 05:49 PM

Debbie the easiest way to make it liquid is:

1 tsp. powder sucralose + 1 T. water
or
1 T. powder sucralose + 3 T. water

This will give you the strenght you are use to.

Hi locarbman how are you doing. Those threads are great.

JHoberer 07-02-2013 10:42 PM

EZ-Sweetz from Netrition though they now sell a half size bottle at Walmart.

Tater Head 07-03-2013 08:23 AM

thanks everyone, and welcome back lowcarbman :)

Debbie

Tater Head 07-03-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16497584)

or

If I mix it this way, will 1 eye drop be equal to a tsp.

Debbie

rosethorns 07-03-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tater Head (Post 16498551)
If I mix it this way, will 1 eye drop be equal to a tsp.

Debbie

It's the same as sweetzfree or EZsweet. I think it's 1 drop = 1 1/2 tsp.

:hyst: I know 1/4 tsp =1 cup of sweetener

judytab 07-05-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16497297)

Where do you get your pure sucralose powder? I have seen some threads about getting it on ebay. I still have a tiny bit left from years ago when it wasn't available anywhere but in plastic bags online...it felt like ordering an illicit drug :)

rosethorns 07-05-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judytab (Post 16501508)
Where do you get your pure sucralose powder? I have seen some threads about getting it on ebay. I still have a tiny bit left from years ago when it wasn't available anywhere but in plastic bags online...it felt like ordering an illicit drug :)

LOL Yes it did. Just google pure sucralose powder. Lots will come up.

lterry913 07-07-2013 09:58 AM

I got my powder from amazon and they will give you 50 dollars off if you start a credit card...now I don't often do this but I use amazon a lot and it cost me Like 7 dollars total for 7 ounces of powder which should lastme years...so worth it in this case...I'm sur e you will find what you are looking for.
I used Rose thorns dilution process and it works well...lowcarb mans original posts on this were however very informative and amuzing...I love it when someone works hard to get something right...good problem solving skeelz.

rosethorns 07-07-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lterry913 (Post 16503690)
I got my powder from amazon and they will give you 50 dollars off if you start a credit card...now I don't often do this but I use amazon a lot and it cost me Like 7 dollars total for 7 ounces of powder which should lastme years...so worth it in this case...I'm sur e you will find what you are looking for.
I used Rose thorns dilution process and it works well...lowcarb mans original posts on this were however very informative and amuzing...I love it when someone works hard to get something right...good problem solving skeelz.

Yep that's where I got mine.

metqa 07-07-2013 12:42 PM

how do you keep the hydrated liquid from drying and crusting up your dispenser dropper?
I bought EZSweetZ several times and the dispenser always got clogged with crystals before I could use it all up. Do you have the same issue with homemade liquid sucralose?

dianafoot 07-08-2013 07:31 AM

I ordered a 3-pack of EZ-Sweetz awhile back, but I don't use it very much because it is so easy to over-sweeten something if more than one drop drips out. It clogs the tip pretty badly, but I've been able to unclog it with a push-pin. Wonder if diluting the EZ-Sweetz would make it easier to use? hmmmm...

Mistizoom 07-08-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianafoot (Post 16504787)
I ordered a 3-pack of EZ-Sweetz awhile back, but I don't use it very much because it is so easy to over-sweeten something if more than one drop drips out. It clogs the tip pretty badly, but I've been able to unclog it with a push-pin. Wonder if diluting the EZ-Sweetz would make it easier to use? hmmmm...

If you want to buy a more dilute liquid sucralose you can buy Sucralose to Go at Walmart. I haven't had any issues with my EZ-Sweetz clogging up though, so I prefer to use that.

watcher513 07-09-2013 01:43 AM

Or, buy the 2 oz. bottle that is 1 tsp equivalent per drop.

Ntombi 07-09-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metqa (Post 16503849)
how do you keep the hydrated liquid from drying and crusting up your dispenser dropper?
I bought EZSweetZ several times and the dispenser always got clogged with crystals before I could use it all up. Do you have the same issue with homemade liquid sucralose?

I've been buying the 4 oz bottles of sweetzfree and refilling the 1 and 2 ounce bottles for years. They don't clog between fills, but I do rinse the dropper tops in warm water when I refill. I never need to unplug it, I'm just rinsing the crystallized sucralose from the outside of the droppers. I think I've been using the these exact one and two ounce bottles for at least seven or eight years now.

rosethorns 07-09-2013 08:48 AM

Make sure the water you use is very good filtered water. The crusty stuff that happens will always happen, on any kind you buy.

Yaz 07-31-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16497584)

or

Will this make the same sweetness as EZ Sweets (the super concentrated one?)

rosethorns 07-31-2013 10:47 AM

YES Yaz. Always.

Yaz 07-31-2013 11:06 AM

Thanks Esther! Just got my powder so I'm itching to make up a batch!

tulipsandroses 07-31-2013 03:26 PM

I ordered some powdered sucralose a while ago and never used it. I need to make up a batch. Anyone know where to get something similar to the bottle EZ sweetz comes in? I need to have something portable to take to work for my coffee at work.

Ntombi 07-31-2013 04:22 PM

Amazon sells food safe bottles in all different sizes.