Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Miracle Rice Recipes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/807194-miracle-rice-recipes.html)

GailyGail 07-01-2013 08:46 AM

Miracle Rice Recipes

:hiya:
Does anyone have any great recipes for Miracle Rice? I will take anything you got! Specifically, I am looking for a cheesy rice/comfort food kind of recipe -- something that would make a nice side dish with protein. I've been having terrible cravings for starches -- french fries, noodles, rice, bread -- and I am looking to nip that in the bud!

Also, if anyone has any great casserole recipes using Miracle Rice, I would be most grateful. Thank you SO MUCH!

:)

Sharss 07-01-2013 09:47 AM

Google "Miracle Rice Recipes" and you'll find a lot.

I never heard of Miracle Rice before, but watched the video on "Low Carb Chicken Fried Rice Recipe With Miracle Rice!" and it looks so yummy :yummy:I may get some myself. :)

Sharss 07-01-2013 10:21 AM

I checked out the Reviews on Amazon on Miracle Rice and picked up some good info.

MsWoods 07-01-2013 10:59 AM

I have posted a lot of them in this thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/re...shiratake.html

And specifically what you are looking for:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 15385794)
Alrighty guys. Got a new one.

Cheesy "rice" bake. Made with miracle rice. OMG so good.
Out of the oven.
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...AG0175-2-1.jpg
Up Close
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...6/IMAG0178.jpg
With my meal of a frozen cooked chicken breast patty/lc ketchup/jalapeno slices:
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...AG0180-2-1.jpg

Ingredients:
2 bags rinsed Miracle Rice
1/2 cup Ragu Double Cheese sauce
1 large egg
6tbsp grated parmesan cheese
3tbsp "I can't believe it's not butter" (yeah yeah I know, i haven't used this stuff in 3 years, but I'm trying to reduce calories for a bit)
2tsp yellow mustard
2tsp franks hot sauce
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp salt
1tsp pepper

Put the rinsed rice in a dry hot pan and let the liquid cook out. Add garlic powder to rice and mix well. While the rice is drying out, in a bowl mix cheese sauce, mustard, hot sauce, egg, salt & pepper, and half the parmesan cheese. I used a small loaf pan to bake it in. Add half the rice in the baking dish, then half the cheese, then the rest of the rice and rest of the cheese. Mix everything very well. Add the "i can't believe it's not butter" in dabs across the top, and cover with the remaining parmesan cheese. Bake @350* for about 20 minutes.

Makes 4 pretty good size servings@
136 calories/11.76g fat/2.74g carbs/.2g fiber/2.55g net carbs

Or if you are hungry and want to use it as a main dish, you could get 2 huge servings@
272 calories/23.52g fat/5.48g carbs/.4g fiber/5.1g net carbs

This was an experiment, so I think I could leave out the egg and "I can't believe it's not butter" and it would come out the same. Reducing the calories to 84 per 4 servings and the carbs to 2.65g.

MsWoods 07-01-2013 11:01 AM

That recipe will nip your craving in the bud. I promise. It's delicious.

GailyGail 07-01-2013 11:19 AM

Wow, thank you Ms. Woods! You are a genius! Thanks for the fabulous photo too -- your recipe looks incredible. Hope you have a great day!

Sharss 07-01-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16495374)
That recipe will nip your craving in the bud. I promise. It's delicious.

MsWoods, have a question for you please.

I'm not LC, but would like to lower my calorie input a bit. I read one Review on Amazon where the Poster said that although Miracle Rice did fill one up more, she was hungry in two hours. She said that she thought her body knew she was fooling it.

Have you found this? That's it's filling, but hungry soon?

Thanks for any input.

JHoberer 07-02-2013 12:20 AM

Not Miracle Rice but Cauli-rice...

Low Carb Ro-tel Chicken "Rice" Casserole
8 meal-sized servings

2 bags partially thawed cauliflower, "riced" in food processor
1 rotisserie chicken, white meat, diced
1 can mild rotel, pureed
4 oz cream cheese
12 slices Deli Deluxe American cheese
1 can green chilies
1 T garlic powder
chicken bouillion powder or base to equal 1 cube
black pepper
1 can Campbell's Cream of Chicken and Mushrooms soup (lowest carb one)
guar or xanthan gum (1/2 tsp?)
1 cup shredded cheddar

Preheat oven to 350. Bake Cauliflower in 10x14 glass baking dish 10 minutes.

While cauliflower rice is baking, make cheese sauce:
Put pureed ro-tel in large sauce pan. Add cream cheese, American cheese, chilies, garlic powder, chicken bouillon and pepper. Warm until cheese is completely melted. Stir in can of soup.

Mix cheese sauce and chicken into cauliflower rice. Bake 30 minutes. Stir, sprinkle with guar or xantham gum and stir again to thicken. Change oven temperature to 375. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Blot top with napkins if excessively greasy on top.

CarolynF 01-21-2014 04:39 PM

One bag of Miracle Rice, rinsed
Velvetta cheese, cubed (to taste)

In a small saucepan heat the Miracle Rice until some water come out and drain and put back in pan. Add cubed Velvetta to taste, stirring on low heat until cheese is melted.

Serve hot.

Simple , but good.

MsWoods 01-21-2014 10:25 PM

Yum. I need to get some and make the mac and cheese.

Ruby Pickles 06-22-2014 02:42 PM

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to post my positive experience w Miracle Rice. I made an Asian dish. I don't do a lot of measuring but here's the gist of it.

1. I rinsed and microwaved 2 bags of Miracle rice. I rinsed a second time, let it drain and then squirted in some soy sauce to let them soak it up while they were still warm.

While they were sitting and soaking I prepped all my veggies.

2. I cut up green onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, peas, etc. I drained and pat dry about 1 lb of sliced pork I had marinated over night.

3. I used a paper towel to dry off my rice.

4. I sauteed the pork and removed from pan.

5. I cooked my veggies w garlic and ginger for a bit then added the meat and rice back to the pan.

6. I drizzled some soy sauce and oyster sauce over the mixture and let cook.

It wasn't a super high heat fast stir fry but I did turn the heat up at the very end to let the sauce concentrate and evaporate out a bit.

Finally I added about 1/16th tsp of zanthum gum but I don't think it was really necessary.

It turned out so delicious!!! :jumpjoy:

I'm already planning my next recipe in my head. I think I'll try something non Asian this time.....

CarolynF 06-23-2014 04:14 AM

Thanks, Ruby. I need to order some of this next time!!

Heidinem 06-23-2014 05:19 AM

I have been debating buying the oracle rice. I think I want it now after looking at
the cheesy rice!!:)

MsWoods 06-23-2014 08:43 AM

I've been wanting some cheesy rice pretty bad. I think I'm going to have to get me some double cheese sauce and make some.