Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 02:26 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smiles
Stats: 217/155/135
WOE: low carb, wheat free, low GI
A couple of GF, LC faves! Must try!

I am not sure how many of you have tried these two things, but they are faves of mine...and Netrition carries them!

First one is the Quest Protein Bars. They are the cleanest protein bars I've ever found, gluten free, low carb. I've tried so many flavors. They are all good but my faves are chocolate chip cookie dough (5 *****), fudge brownie, apple pie and strawberry cheesecake. They can be warmed in the MW for 10 seconds if desired. Best part is they only get better if you throw them in your pocket or purse, unlike other bars I've tried that melt and crumble. I've recommended these to 3 people who now love and eat them too. I should be an affiliate
I find most protein bars are high in chemicals, sugars, etc. I eat them at home, but love them too as something I can take on-the-go. As many of you know, finding healthy, GF, LC snacks can be a real PITA. Seriously, try these, then thank me GNC also carries these, if you need a local place to find them.

The other thing I just tried now and discovered through a post here in the low carb main lobby: Trutein protein. I just made a shake using a scoop of the chocolate peanut butter and 12 oz of unsweetened almond milk in a blender bottle It was so yummy. I originally used only 10 oz of almond milk, which gave it a thicker shake type consistency. I wanted it a bit thinner, so I added almond milk for a total of 12 oz. Wonderfully blendable. It tasted like the real thing too. I have other flavors, but this is the only one I've tried. If you want to try them first before buying a whole container, the official website usually allows you to buy samples. Last I looked, they were out. If buying the big container, Netrition is cheapest I have found.

I love it when I find new things that make our WOE easier, so I thought I'd share. I certainly have discovered so many recipes and foods due to you guys, so I am giving back. Feel free to ask questions. I have no affiliation with these products, I just love them.

Tracy
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
The trutein is wonderfully priced w/ great flavors. I can't touch it but sounds great.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smiles
Stats: 217/155/135
WOE: low carb, wheat free, low GI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
The trutein is wonderfully priced w/ great flavors. I can't touch it but sounds great.
It isn't bad at all when you consider you're getting 5 pounds. True.

How come you can't touch it, if I may ask? I imagine you are allergic to a component.

Tracy
Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
It isn't bad at all when you consider you're getting 5 pounds. True.

How come you can't touch it, if I may ask? I imagine you are allergic to a component.

Tracy
LOL yes I'm allergic to dairy. I wish I could that's a great price for 5 lbs.

The flavors sound amazing. Now when somebody wants me to recommend a good one I will turn them on to this. People always ask me that question.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sligh
Stats: 190/118/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 31, 2003
I try to tell everyone about the Quest Protein Bars, especially those looking for a grab and go breakfast. Actually the way I like them best is to cut a bar into about 20 pieces and throw them in a baggie in the freezer. For some reason I love them frozen.
sligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladeeda
Stats: 265/199/175
WOE: Protein Power, modified
Start Date: April 2004
The Quest bars spiked my blood glucose levels.
ladeeda is offline   Reply With Quote