Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Oopsies? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/805991-oopsies.html)

Saltysailor1 06-12-2013 12:38 PM

Oopsies?

I was browsing the internet for low carb recipes and found a recipe for something called oopsies. Has anyone tried these bread things? How are they? I think I need to modify my diet a bit and decrease my protein while increasing my fat and and calories a little. Yesterday I don't think I ate enough calories overall, but ate too much cheese. I need to journal everything I eat, so I can really see, rather than estimate

lilbeetle 06-12-2013 03:08 PM

Oopsies are nice, but for some reason mine are never strong enough to use as burger buns like everyone else does. They are a bit eggy tasting, but you get used to that quickly.

Journeling your food is a very helpful tool. it helps you work out what to eat to stay in balance, as well as encourages you to stay within your calories ranges. Calories are not very important when you first start because the dietry change is enough to trigger weight loss. However almost everyone finds the last few pounds difficult to lose without doing at least a token calorie acknowlegment.

I checked a keto calculator and it said I shouldnt consume under 1250 cals a day, and that for best loss, not to go over 1900, but I coud go as high as 2200, so as long as I fall in there Im good. And its a nice BIG range, unlike HCLF :)

rosethorns 06-12-2013 03:29 PM

I was just telling my sister this yesterday. When you bake them do it for the 30 mins. @ 300 degrees like the recipe says. Then let them dry out for about 4 hours.
then put them back in at 350 for 5 to 7 mins. This will brown them up and make them sturdier. Then they will hold a hamburger really well and all the fixins.

Make sure when you whip the egg white up there is no yolk in there. You want them to be so stiff that you can turn the bowl upside down and nothing will fall out.

We have South Beach recipes too.

Always write down everything you eat. You can see what you eating.

ravenrose 06-12-2013 04:07 PM

I always found them really insubstantial and unsatisfying considering how high in fat and calories they are. I only made them a few times. Not worth it to me. They don't taste that great and fall apart. There are better things now. These were popular a long time ago.

Saltysailor1 06-13-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravenrose (Post 16467988)
I always found them really insubstantial and unsatisfying considering how high in fat and calories they are. I only made them a few times. Not worth it to me. They don't taste that great and fall apart. There are better things now. These were popular a long time ago.

I really like Mission Low Carb tortillas.....are they okay to use? I am still trying to keep my carbs super low, because I notice any time I even raise them a little my weight stalls or goes up.....but I might be eating too many calories, so I am writing everything down to see where I need to tweek my eating. :confused:

JHoberer 06-13-2013 08:35 PM

I like them... but I stick them in the dehydrator for an hour after making them. Maria Emmerich's sub rolls are easier to make though. I'm making them right now.