Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   eggwhite patties (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/805831-eggwhite-patties.html)

ouizoid 06-10-2013 08:09 AM

eggwhite patties

As an LC and lowfat (and more or less veggie) girl eggwhite is ok for me and a convenient addition to a wrap for an office lunch.

I bought some eggwhite patties at whole foods that were great for a quick LC breakfast sammie (I used my lc psyllium tortilla recipe for the wrap, but the lc tortillas are also great). I'm sure many of you have done this, but I realized it was stupid to pay so much for something I could quickly whip out myself owning a muffin top pan as I do.

I pammed the pan, poured liquid eggwhites into each well and baked for 12 minutes at 350. I count 35 cals per well. I air dried the patties on a rack and then froze them on a pan in the freezer and then stored them in the freezer in a ziplock. Easy peasy.

buttoni 06-10-2013 08:27 AM

Your ingenuity never ceases to amaze me, Ouiz. What a clever idea!

Nelle Belle 06-10-2013 05:45 PM

I bet you could do this with real eggs too.

Smiles 06-10-2013 09:39 PM

Ouiz, what a great idea!

I could see one of these sitting atop a roll made from Peggy's foccacia bread recipe with uncured bacon bits, may be a sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese. :p Yeah, I'm hungry. Bet you couldn't tell. ;)

Seriously though, it sounds so yummy :love:

Any other uses you guys can think of? I know there are many, but let's brainstorm. It's fun. :D

Tracy

ouizoid 06-11-2013 05:49 AM

If you search for ouizoid English muffin It is a lovely little recipe. Classic breakfast sandwich with English muffin egg patty turkey sausage and a slice of cheese

Today I had one cut in half, placed in the low-carb tortilla, nuked with some hot salsa con queso

Smiles 06-16-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 16465306)
If you search for ouizoid English muffin It is a lovely little recipe. Classic breakfast sandwich with English muffin egg patty turkey sausage and a slice of cheese

Today I had one cut in half, placed in the low-carb tortilla, nuked with some hot salsa con queso

I'll be doing that search in a matter of minutes :D Thanks. I just went to the store and bought uncured bacon and uncured ham. These would be great on a breakfast sandwich :clap:

Tracy

ouizoid 06-16-2013 08:10 AM

I made some Southwestern Eggwhite Patties today: 4 Tbs SW eggbeaters in each well of a Pammed muffintop pan. 30 calories per.

I used two of the patties as "bread" with a 25 calorie slice of ham in between. 100 calories of lowfat protein!

Mazza 06-16-2013 09:27 AM

Please share more about these egg white patties! They sound awesome, what section are they in at WF? Brand?

ouizoid 06-16-2013 10:32 AM

freezer section at WF. the Good Food Made Simple brand--but so easy and cheap to make at home!!

Mazza 06-16-2013 11:22 AM

Thanks, I like having those kind of quick easy thinks in my fridge so I have no excuses during the work week.