Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SummerAnne
Stats: 254/247.6/No Specific Goal
WOE: NK
Start Date: 8/1/13
Favorite slow cooker pork recipe?

Normally I'd just toss it in with a bottle of bbq sauce, but that's out now. I haven't liked a single SF bbq sauce recipe I've tried either... Looking for something I can pop in the slow cooker before school hopefully!
SummerAnne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 205/185/140
WOE: LC/Experimenting w/ NK
Start Date: Jan 2012
google "nom nom paleo kahlua pork"....it's simple, just slow cooked pork butt w/ red alea sea salt, garlic, and bacon for smoke flavor. cook 12-16 hours on low.
I make 5 lb. roast and freeze it in single serve portions and then when I want to eat it I can do carnitas, or make LC bbq sauce and do pulled pork, or just eat it plain, its soooo good
alex_in_wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AnitaLCing
Stats: 191/181/151
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted again May 3, 2013
I did a pork roast last week that my family raved about!! Even my son who is not crazy about port, loved it!!

Place in a crock pot, splash with 8-10 dashes of Worcestershire and use your favorite dry rub (I did all sides). Keep roast fat side up and cook until done.

Easy, peasy!!
AnitaLCing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #4

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin

2 pound Pork Tenderloin
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 TBS Yellow Mustard
2-3 TBS SF maple syrup
2 TBS olive oil
2 TBS Diced dried onions
1 1/2 TSP Garlic Salt or Powder
Mix ingredients above. Pour over Tenderloin in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
You can also roast orange chicken in the crockpot. A can of Diet rite tangerine pour into a bowl leaving about 2 T. in the can. Put the chicken over the can into the cavity , then set into crockpot. Chop about a 1/2 of onion put in crockpot with chicken , sprinkle some garlic and onion powder on the
chicken , then pour the soda over the chicken cook on low for 8 hours.

There are many flavors you can use blackcherry , cola , sugar free soda that are sweetened with stevia or sucralose to cook with.
Blackcherry is great in a beef roast Yum. Cream diet soda is really good in chicken too.

Enjoy

OH I wanted to give you these also.

Add your favorite Crock Pot Recipe!

I'm sorry I just realized you said pork.

May we all live our life as long as we want!

Last edited by rosethorns; 06-10-2013 at 03:58 PM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
So I was looking in the thread I gave you and found this stew for pork. It sounds very refreshing.

This is from Josie .

Zesty Lemon Pork Stew

2 pounds boneless pork sirloin - cubed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion - chopped
1 medium turnip - peeled and cubed
6 stalks celery - sliced
3 cups chicken stock
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 jar (10 ounce) artichoke hearts - drained
2 cups frozen or fresh green beans
1 tablespoon ThickenThin Not/Starch

In skillet, heat vegetable oil and brown pork on all sides.
Transfer the meat to crockpot.
Combine all the remaining ingredients except the ThickenThin in a large bowl and blend well.
Pour over meat.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
Remove a small amount of the broth from crock pot.
Whisk the ThickenThin into broth.
Combine the mixture with the stew and stir well.
Let stand a few minutes allowing broth to thicken.

I want to make it too.For the thickn/thin
I would use xanthan or gaur gum and not as much.

Last edited by rosethorns; 06-10-2013 at 05:48 PM..
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
So I was looking in the thread I gave you and found this stew for pork. It sounds very refreshing.

This is from Josie .

Zesty Lemon Pork Stew
This sounds like it will work for the pork chops I've had out in the deep freezer forever. I'm not a fan to begin with and they are so unevenly cut it's not worth trying do anything but dice or shred. Thanks!

I'm bad about completely not noticing the pinned threads, they become part of the scenery after awhile.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: momov2boys
I like marinating pork tenderloin in low-sodium soy sauce, sun-dried tomatoes packed in EVOO + garlic & black pepper. Cook all day on low in crockpot (8-10 hours).

momov2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:09 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnitaLCing View Post
I did a pork roast last week that my family raved about!! Even my son who is not crazy about port, loved it!!

Place in a crock pot, splash with 8-10 dashes of Worcestershire and use your favorite dry rub (I did all sides). Keep roast fat side up and cook until done.

Easy, peasy!!
I do similar pork roasts, with just Worcestershire sauce and a little bit of soy sauce, seasoning the roast well, and leaving it on low for 8 hours. That's it.

And sometimes I just do a well-seasoned roast in with about a quarter cup of vegetable stock (or chicken stock) and some garlic. That makes a really simple roast that really just has a delicious pork flavor, with nothing overpowering it.

Another option is to add sesame oil, soy sauce, and a few chili peppers. That gives a nice Asian flair to the pork.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
Hot Pepper Pork Garden
4 pounds boneless pork roast
2 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
2 10 ounce cans enchilada sauce
2 teaspoons Montréal seasoning
3 drops sucralose liquid
1 ½ cups of Greek yogurt, Optional
Add everything into the crockpot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Optional: Stir in Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SCOTTSDALEJULIE
Stats: 242/202/145
Guy's
Award Winning Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
No preservatives
Sugar free
Gluten free
Trans fat free
Low sodium
Finally, a sugar free BBQ sauce that will please even the most opinionated palate. A BBQ sauce that has the same great taste as Guy's Award Winning BBQ Sauce. It is truly one of a kind. If it didn't say sugar free on the bottle you wouldn't know that it was sugar free in the bottle. Thousands have enjoyed Guy's mouthwatering BBQs all over the country-his legendary braised meats, poultry and fish cooked with bursts of flavor, vegetables and side dishes of baked beans and chili, always included Guy's family BBQ sauce. This coveted recipe eventually gained award winning status. Year after year, Guy's Award Winning BBQ Sauce retains its unique distinction with the perfect blend of natural ingredients and imported spices-no assembly required, no more doctoring up the sauce. Over the years food and flavors change, diets change. Guy responds to customer demands through his new product line of Sugar Free and always Gluten Free BBQ sauces.

This is my favorite barbeque sauce. It's better than any high carb sauce I have ever had. Find it at Netrition.
SCOTTSDALEJULIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
I'm glad I came across this thread - lots of great pork/crock pot ideas I'm going to try. I also like the orange chicken idea!!

Mean time, I was also going to say that DH and I LOVE Guy's BBQ Sauce. We like the spicy version best but that's just personal preference. I've served it to guests and nobody would ever know it was SF/GF, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTSDALEJULIE View Post
Guy's
Award Winning Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
No preservatives
Sugar free
Gluten free
Trans fat free
Low sodium
Finally, a sugar free BBQ sauce that will please even the most opinionated palate. A BBQ sauce that has the same great taste as Guy's Award Winning BBQ Sauce. It is truly one of a kind. If it didn't say sugar free on the bottle you wouldn't know that it was sugar free in the bottle. Thousands have enjoyed Guy's mouthwatering BBQs all over the country-his legendary braised meats, poultry and fish cooked with bursts of flavor, vegetables and side dishes of baked beans and chili, always included Guy's family BBQ sauce. This coveted recipe eventually gained award winning status. Year after year, Guy's Award Winning BBQ Sauce retains its unique distinction with the perfect blend of natural ingredients and imported spices-no assembly required, no more doctoring up the sauce. Over the years food and flavors change, diets change. Guy responds to customer demands through his new product line of Sugar Free and always Gluten Free BBQ sauces.

This is my favorite barbeque sauce. It's better than any high carb sauce I have ever had. Find it at Netrition.
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: flossie73
Just dump a jar of your favorite salsa over the pork roast, let it do its magic for the day, and gobble it down. Yummy.
flossie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #14

I've been wanting to try that bbq but I haven't found room in my budget to place an order yet. Especially since DD is on summer vacation and my food budget was more than spent at Sam's the first week! No one sells it locally.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Potaty
Stats: 227high/227now/150goal
WOE: LC + Exercise
Start Date: July 2013 (this time, LOL)
Google "Paleo Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps" This is so good! I just eat it over broccoli slaw instead of lettuce wraps.
Potaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Freckles
Pork Carnitas
1/4 cup vegetable oil (I just render the fat from the pork for frying)
4 pounds pork shoulder or butt, cut into several large pieces (or whatever you have)
2 tablespoons kosher salt (I sprinkle lightly and adjust to taste later)
1 onion, chopped
1 head of clove garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3 to 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth or home cooked stock (or enough to cover)
Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Heat the vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Season the pork shoulder with salt, then arrange the pork in the Dutch oven. Cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, lime juice, chili powder, oregano, and cumin. Pour in the chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and continue to simmer until pork is very tender, about 2 1/2 hours. (can cook in crock pot instead of dutch oven if desired)
Transfer the pork shoulder to a large baking sheet, reserving the cooking liquid. Drizzle with a small amount of the reserved cooking liquid and lightly season with salt.
Bake the pork in the preheated oven until browned, about 30 minutes. Drizzle more of the cooking liquid on the meat every 10 minutes, and use two forks to shred the meat as it browns.
Good with guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo and lowcarb tortillas if you can afford the carbs.
Recipe Source: Allrecipes "Nette"

Last edited by Freckles; 06-17-2013 at 08:08 PM..
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #17

Gallery: pocahontas
What kind of pork are we talking about? If you have pork country style ribs, google Melissa D'Arabian's pork country style ribs, you can do it in the crockpot easily. This recipe is knock your socks off good! She serves it over creamy polenta but I serve it over creamy whipped cauli. Here is a pic from when I made it last.

Last edited by pocahontas; 06-18-2013 at 11:17 AM..
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote