Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   boiled egg ideas? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/805802-boiled-egg-ideas.html)

starryblu 06-09-2013 03:43 PM

boiled egg ideas?

Hi friends!

If there is a thread, would someone point me in the right direction please?

If not, I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas to perk them up a bit. I do love boiled eggs, but eating them every day can get monotonous.

I've tried deviled eggs, egg salad, in salads and tuna salad. I love the tuna salad with celery sticks. In fact I love it too much & end up eating a ton!

So what's your ideas for those orbs o' protein?

Charski 06-09-2013 03:58 PM

One of my faves, which is great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacking, is Scotch eggs. Peel 5 HB eggs. Divide a pound of pork sausage into 5 balls - flatten each one and press evenly around a hardboiled egg. Roll in Parm cheese, place on foil-lined/greased baking sheet, and bake at 400* about 20 minutes or til the sausage is done.

You can eat them hot, room temp, or chilled, doesn't matter! Change it up by using sage sausage one time, hot sausage another, roll in crushed pork rinds instead of Parm, or don't roll them in anything at all. They're always good!

Soobee 06-09-2013 05:17 PM

This recipe is from Maria Emmerich.
Protein Pudding Maria
10 hard-boiled eggs
1 can (full fat) coconut milk
1-2 tsp. stevia glycerite (or to desired sweetness)
1-3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
Peel the eggs. Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until VERY smooth!

starryblu 06-09-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16463020)
One of my faves, which is great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacking, is Scotch eggs. Peel 5 HB eggs. Divide a pound of pork sausage into 5 balls - flatten each one and press evenly around a hardboiled egg. Roll in Parm cheese, place on foil-lined/greased baking sheet, and bake at 400* about 20 minutes or til the sausage is done.

You can eat them hot, room temp, or chilled, doesn't matter! Change it up by using sage sausage one time, hot sausage another, roll in crushed pork rinds instead of Parm, or don't roll them in anything at all. They're always good!

Charski, those sound so yummy!! i've seen pictures of them, but didn't know how to make them. that's something i'm going to try right away.

thank you so much!! can't wait to give them a try.

Beth2013 06-09-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16463115)
Protein Pudding Maria
10 hard-boiled eggs
1-3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla
Peel the eggs. Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until VERY smooth!

Yum. That looks like the makings for a lot of pudding. I'm a little bit in love with full-fat coconut milk!

starryblu 06-09-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth2013 (Post 16463159)
Yum. That looks like the makings for a lot of pudding. I'm a little bit in love with full-fat coconut milk!

wow what an interesting recipe! i would never have thought to use boiled eggs that way. sounds sooo yummy. gonna have to try that!

Nelle Belle 06-10-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16463115)
Protein Pudding Maria
10 hard-boiled eggs
1-3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla

Made this, tasted like sweet egg salad. Tossed it.

Soobee 06-11-2013 07:26 AM

Too bad. I never tried it, but I'm glad to get the feedback. I think she meant it as a breakfast for her little boys.

starryblu 06-11-2013 09:29 AM

I wonder if it would taste like a cold version of hot pumpkin cereal without the pumpkin?