Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Cobbler (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/805602-cobbler.html)

SkeeterN 06-06-2013 08:21 AM

Cobbler

1 Attachment(s)
I was given a gallon sized bag full of frozen blueberries so thought how lovely a cobbler would be. I didn't want a huge cobber as one I was experimenting and two I am the only who eats things like this. It turned out lovely but still a bit watery as I am not sure what is the best thickener for baking. I ended up using my baster to pull off some of the liquid but then decided to just pour it all over the top just before eating which wasn't all that pretty but was good.

1 cup frozen blueberries
2 tablespoon ideal white which is a mixture of xylitol and splenda
1/8 tsp xanthun gum but it didn't thicken much.
1/4 cup water but will not add water next experiment because the blueberries are frozen
Stir and put in small baking dish (my dish is a small 3X6 glass dish)

For the batter
Mix dry ingredients first
2 T Jennifer Eloff GF baking mix
1 T coconut flour (I use bob red mill)
1/4 tsp glucomannan powder
1 Tablespoon plain whey protein powder
Stir well
2 tablespoon melted butter
2 tablespoon water
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon ideal
5 drops liquid splenda
taste it to see if it is sweet enough then adjust

Pour over blueberries. Cover with foil so it doesn't brown yet
Baked mine about 40 minutes in my convection toaster oven so your time might differ, I kept checking when it seemed as if the blueberries were bubbling I then uncovered and sprinkled granulated erythritol on top and baked till the top was brown which took about 10 to 12 or so minutes.

preheat oven to 350

Topped with s/f whipped cream you could top with s/f vanilla ice cream too

This picture is the second half and to try and thicken the juices I sprinkled about 1/8 tsp glucomannan and stirred it into the juices under the second slice which did thicken it up

Beth2013 06-06-2013 08:31 AM

That looks mouth-wateringly good! Would it be enough for 2, do you think?

SkeeterN 06-06-2013 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beth2013 (Post 16458166)
That looks mouth-wateringly good! Would it be enough for 2, do you think?

My little dish made two slices. See image below. The measurements are 3X6 from the bottom but like 4X7 at the top. So how do you measure something like this?

buttoni 06-06-2013 10:26 AM

It sure looks good, Anita. Cobblers are my all-time favorite dessert. If you took away my cheesecakes, cookies, cakes, puddings.....no problem. But I'd mightily fight off anyone who tried to steal a cobbler from my kitchen. Especially blackberry cobbler! :)

SkeeterN 06-06-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttoni (Post 16458381)
It sure looks good, Anita. Cobblers are my all-time favorite dessert. If you took away my cheesecakes, cookies, cakes, puddings.....no problem. But I'd mightily fight off anyone who tried to steal a cobbler from my kitchen. Especially blackberry cobbler! :)

It is actually a spinoff of one of yours. I changed it enough that I made it mine. I used some of your ideas and added my own.

buttoni 06-06-2013 11:03 AM

Well it looks scrumptious!