Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 03:38 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 24Fan
Stats: from 2004 to 2006 lost 118 lbs. Maintaining
WOE: Atkins, low carb maintaining
Start Date: 2004
Thanks for posting this!! I went to both WM's here and only one had any regular PB2 left, just chocolate at the other. Picked up one (so far haha) It's $4.68 I think. Great deal. Thanks again
24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterN View Post
So what does one do with powdered peanut butter you cannot do with regular?
Don't have the jar in front of me right now, but I think its something like 85% less calories and fat!! I *think* like 15 cals per tbl. I'll double check later and post. Its made from real peanuts and taste good too!!!
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:01 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SkeeterN
Stats: 4'10 and 170/115 (5 or so pounds up or down)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
Don't have the jar in front of me right now, but I think its something like 85% less calories and fat!! I *think* like 15 cals per tbl. I'll double check later and post. Its made from real peanuts and taste good too!!!
Thanks. Wish I liked peanut butter more. I can eat it once in a while but in small amounts. I make Dana Carpenter's Peanut Butter Silk Pie once in a while and find I never eat it but my husband eats it all LOL
SkeeterN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Back to add...

Someone mentioned Lavish bread, yanno as crazy as this sounds, I truly don't miss bread at all!!, and this is coming from a former carb-a-holic!

I have brought the 40 cal double fiber bread and froze it, but a loaf can last me months literally and eventually, I end up throwing it out..

Anyway, our Wally world carried the Lavish bread, as well as those LC tortillas..
Old 06-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
I love the pb2 mixed in Greek yogurt or added to my chocolate protein shake and also added to the MIM. Goos stuff.
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks. Wish I liked peanut butter more. I can eat it once in a while but in small amounts. I make Dana Carpenter's Peanut Butter Silk Pie once in a while and find I never eat it but my husband eats it all LOL

OK, running to Google this right now...
Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Checkout this thread. Gina made pb cookies using the flour.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...r-cookies.html

Check on the net there are a lot of blogs using the pb2.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
Checkout this thread. Gina made pb cookies using the flour.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...r-cookies.html
Holy cow - those look exactly like the ones I used to make for our son when he was little. Takes me back. He loved them.
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Fan View Post
Thanks for posting this!! I went to both WM's here and only one had any regular PB2 left, just chocolate at the other. Picked up one (so far haha) It's $4.68 I think. Great deal. Thanks again
Yep. Mine was totally out. I wish they'd fix their product list to include it on their search function. We've got 4 or 5 stores nearby, but I don't want to run around going to each only to find out they're out, too -- easier to just put it in my Netrition order since I need a bunch of other stuff from there, anyway.

I didn't know it came in a chocolate flavor.
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Soobee
Start Date: September 2000
Does PB2 come without sugar?
Soobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by heahyou00 View Post
The best tortillas I found is Mission Low Carb ones, they taste just like the regular flour ones ,I have served them to family and they dont even have a clue that they are low carb!!
I love the Mission Carb Balance small size, but none of our Walmarts carry them. They carry the HUGE size and the small whole wheat ones (which I don't care for). It behooves me why they can't carry all the choices. We have to get them at another local store ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofucheez View Post
I'm gonna be the stick in the mud... I love love love PB2 but detest Walmart......and love Netrition. I'll continue to get mine from Netrition.
... which carries PB2 (both flavors).

I'm beginning to detest Walmart, too. They become junky and downright claustrophobic with the overcrowding of aisle items. They always start out clean and mainstreamed - what happens????

Oh, and I'm one who adores shopping to music. We have two other stores where we go to get things that Walmart doesn't carry. They play music and we love be-bopping along to music. You go into Walmart and it's deadness to the ears. I've told my DH it's getting to be worth paying more at the other stores to avoid the junked up aisles and hear music while shopping.

I guess I need to "like" their FB page and complain! lol

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Quote:

The first time I ever made that recipe I thought....that's the BEST PB I've ever tasted!! I felt kind of stupid - couldn't figure out how to cut a pie in 10 slices (5 per side). So I just cut it in 12! It's So rich I couldn't have eaten 1/10th of it. 1/12th was Plenty.

It's in her first 500 LC and 1001 books.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #43

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Stopped at Kroger on my way home from church this evening
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB2.jpg (46.6 KB, 22 views)
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I love the Mission Carb Balance small size, but none of our Walmarts carry them. They carry the HUGE size and the small whole wheat ones (which I don't care for). It behooves me why they can't carry all the choices. We have to get them at another local store ...

... which carries PB2 (both flavors).

I'm beginning to detest Walmart, too. They become junky and downright claustrophobic with the overcrowding of aisle items. They always start out clean and mainstreamed - what happens????

Oh, and I'm one who adores shopping to music. We have two other stores where we go to get things that Walmart doesn't carry. They play music and we love be-bopping along to music. You go into Walmart and it's deadness to the ears. I've told my DH it's getting to be worth paying more at the other stores to avoid the junked up aisles and hear music while shopping.

I guess I need to "like" their FB page and complain! lol

WOW,...

Thsi is so NOT the case here!!!

Clean, organized, well stocked...Now perhaps not the friendliest of employees ( especially @ 5am, usually when I go...) But over-all, no real complaints, well wait a minute,...I do have one...

They don't ( yet) carry the PB2 in chocolate and the regular kind they can't keep on the shelves...Sells out like crazy...

Oh and someone here mentioned this earlier, but it is the Bells Plantation brand
Old 06-10-2013, 04:49 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 24Fan
Stats: from 2004 to 2006 lost 118 lbs. Maintaining
WOE: Atkins, low carb maintaining
Start Date: 2004
Quote:
hey Skeeter, any way you can post that recipe here? I would love to make for a family thing.

eta: NM found it!

Last edited by 24Fan; 06-10-2013 at 04:56 AM..
24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
WOW,...

Thsi is so NOT the case here!!!

Clean, organized, well stocked...Now perhaps not the friendliest of employees ( especially @ 5am, usually when I go...) But over-all, no real complaints, well wait a minute,...I do have one...

They don't ( yet) carry the PB2 in chocolate and the regular kind they can't keep on the shelves...Sells out like crazy...

Oh and someone here mentioned this earlier, but it is the Bells Plantation brand
We have three super Walmarts in our area. Each one, as time passes, has gone from being clean, organized, and managed well to looking like a hot mess. Honestly, they have become depressing to even walk into.

Naturally, I looked for the PB2 and they didn't have it. I think our Walmarts are the last to get anything! But, we have another local store that carries them. They were totally out of the Chocolate PB2 - the guy said there'd been a run on it lately.

Oh, and I was at Trader Joe's and overheard two employees stocking almond flour and commenting on how lots of people are asking for coconut flour. I couldn't resist filling them in on how low carbers use it along with almond flour. They were like ah, okay!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #47

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post

Oh, and I was at Trader Joe's and overheard two employees stocking almond flour and commenting on how lots of people are asking for coconut flour. I couldn't resist filling them in on how low carbers use it along with almond flour. They were like ah, okay!

That and the fact that Dr Oz had it on his show yet again. Just a week or so ago. He had on Jorge Cruse and his new book on almond/coconut flour. He gave recipes on Dr Oz's website, so I am sure that is the reason for the run on coconut and almond flour. Thank you Dr Oz for giving away all our secrets it just makes it harder for us low carbers to get our stuff when he spotlights such products. Nice that it gets the word out though.
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
That and the fact that Dr Oz had it on his show yet again. Just a week or so ago. He had on Jorge Cruse and his new book on almond/coconut flour. He gave recipes on Dr Oz's website, so I am sure that is the reason for the run on coconut and almond flour. Thank you Dr Oz for giving away all our secrets it just makes it harder for us low carbers to get our stuff when he spotlights such products. Nice that it gets the word out though.