Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Atkins Crustless Cheesecake recipe question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/805517-atkins-crustless-cheesecake-recipe-question.html)

Widget 06-04-2013 09:04 PM

Atkins Crustless Cheesecake recipe question

I know some of you have tried the Atkins Crustless Cheesecake recipe. I like this recipe because it is no-bake, is very versatile and has no crust. I made chocolate today and although I beat it until it was very stiff and chilled it several hours before slicing, it didn't come out in slices, I had to spoon it out of the pan. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution, short of adding a crust?

Smiles 06-04-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget (Post 16455740)
I know some of you have tried the Atkins Crustless Cheesecake recipe. I like this recipe because it is no-bake, is very versatile and has no crust. I made chocolate today and although I beat it until it was very stiff and chilled it several hours before slicing, it didn't come out in slices, I had to spoon it out of the pan. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution, short of adding a crust?

Hi Widget :)

I'd like to try and help. Could you post the recipe here please? Knowing the ingredients would help :)

Tracy

Widget 06-04-2013 10:34 PM

12 oz cream cheese softened
4 pckts splenda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries (Optional)

Combine cream cheese, splenda, and Vanilla extract in a bowl and mix well.
Beat the heavy cream in a separate bowl until it forms soft peaks.
Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Transfer the mixture to a large glass bowl and chill with plastic wrap, for at least 25 minutes. Top with berries if you like. Serve immediately or store, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
----------------
But of course I made changes. I didn't use strawberries, I added a melted square of unsweetened baker's chocolate, 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup, and used more pkts. of Splenda.

The syrup added more liquid to the recipe, but not that much more. I used Hershey's and that's pretty thick. Also, once refrigerated, the square of chocolate should have helped harden it up a little bit.

I appreciate the help.

Smiles 06-04-2013 11:20 PM

OK, let's see...have you made this before and had it come out sliceable? Was there anything different that you did that time, if so?

Tracy

drjlocarb 06-05-2013 04:29 AM

I have made this recipe. Not cheesecake, but it is chocolate. You might be able to use cream cheese instead of ricotta.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ie-w-pics.html

PassionateFire 06-05-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget (Post 16455794)
12 oz cream cheese softened
4 pckts splenda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries (Optional)

Combine cream cheese, splenda, and Vanilla extract in a bowl and mix well.
Beat the heavy cream in a separate bowl until it forms soft peaks.
Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Transfer the mixture to a large glass bowl and chill with plastic wrap, for at least 25 minutes. Top with berries if you like. Serve immediately or store, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
----------------
But of course I made changes. I didn't use strawberries, I added a melted square of unsweetened baker's chocolate, 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup, and used more pkts. of Splenda.

The syrup added more liquid to the recipe, but not that much more. I used Hershey's and that's pretty thick. Also, once refrigerated, the square of chocolate should have helped harden it up a little bit.

I appreciate the help.

This recipe is not meant to be sliced.

Soobee 06-05-2013 04:40 AM

I have a couple of no bake chocolate cheesecake recipes. They all use gelatin.

rosethorns 06-05-2013 01:47 PM

I use to make Linda Sue's no-bake cheesecake alot. But it uses gelatin too.

Soomebody just asked for it at church.

Widget 06-05-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PassionateFire (Post 16455920)
This recipe is not meant to be sliced.

I'm not allowed to post the link. But the recipe has a pic, it is definitely sliced. But I do see the texture isn't anything like the one I made, so I am wondering if the person who posted it put a pic of a different cheesecake. Kind of crazy to have a cheesecake recipe that isn't supposed to be sliced. If it can't be sliced, it's a mousse.

Widget 06-05-2013 07:06 PM

Sorry for the double post. I just went to the site where I got the recipe, the cheesecake in the pic is browned on the edges, so it definitely isn't a pic of the recipe it is supposed to depict.

Smiles 06-05-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget (Post 16457422)
I'm not allowed to post the link. But the recipe has a pic, it is definitely sliced. But I do see the texture isn't anything like the one I made, so I am wondering if the person who posted it put a pic of a different cheesecake. Kind of crazy to have a cheesecake recipe that isn't supposed to be sliced. If it can't be sliced, it's a mousse.

I know what you mean, Widget. I'd expect it to be sliceable too. Maybe you could make a parfait type dessert out of it. One layer 'cheesecake,' then sf whipped cream, then strawberries, repeat. Put it in a pretty cup or glass and it would even be great with company.

Linda Sue's recipes are really good. For a sliceable cheesecake, take a look at hers.

Tracy

Widget 06-05-2013 07:45 PM

Even though it's not sliceable and not really a cheesecake, it still tastes very good, so I plan to keep using the recipe with different flavors of syrup and extract, but I'll be serving it in ramekins from now on.

Thanks to all.

rosethorns 06-05-2013 08:06 PM

Widget I was looking in my Atkins recipe books and I found the one you are talking about. I'm amazed it has no gelatin.

PassionateFire 06-06-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget (Post 16457486)
Even though it's not sliceable and not really a cheesecake, it still tastes very good, so I plan to keep using the recipe with different flavors of syrup and extract, but I'll be serving it in ramekins from now on.

Thanks to all.

It's also very good on top of sugar free jello!