Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Lighter LC No Bake Cookies (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/805324-lighter-lc-no-bake-cookies.html)

MsWoods 06-02-2013 02:30 PM

Lighter LC No Bake Cookies

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0f50ed0a.jpg

1/4 C Brummel & Brown Natural Yogurt Spread
1/4 C Walden Farms Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Spread
1/8 C Walden Farms Caramel Syrup
1/4 C Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

Put all these ingredients in a bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well, then microwave for about 20 more seconds and stir again. Then add:

1C Bob's Red Mill Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
2 Tbsp Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour

Mix very well. Spoon 10 balls out on plates or parchment paper and flatten. Freeze to set, then can be refrigerated.

1/10th of recipe:
68 calories; 3.6g carbs; 2.1g Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs.

ouizoid 06-02-2013 03:24 PM

cinnamon raisin peanut spread?? do tell! palatable at all???

MsWoods 06-02-2013 03:42 PM

I love love the cinnamon raisin spread. It's so good. It taste much better than the regular peanut spread.

drjlocarb 06-02-2013 04:01 PM

This sound VERY tasty. I will have to use real PB until my next Netrition order.

Thanks Michelle.

Mobear 06-12-2013 04:01 AM

I made these yesterday and they were ok, but I need to make some adjustments.

I used 1/2c of coconut because I'm not crazy about coconut! I think I would like them a little sweeter. I didn't have WF caramel syrup so I used my Monin sugar free caramel syrup and I wonder if maybe I needed a little more or maybe some liquid sucralose to sweeten them up a little?

I've read that liquid sucralose and chocolate tends to be bitter so I'm not real sure that I should add that to make them sweeter. The only other thing I can think of is to put some Truvia in the next time and maybe that will help.

Any thoughts on how to sweeten?

TIA.

ouizoid 06-12-2013 06:39 AM

Ms. Woods--thank you so much for the WF cinnamon raisin pb referral! I actually like it! I have found it to be a great dip to eat with my flax crackers--

MsWoods 06-12-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobear (Post 16466826)

I used 1/2c of coconut because I'm not crazy about coconut! I think I would like them a little sweeter. I didn't have WF caramel syrup so I used my Monin sugar free caramel syrup and I wonder if maybe I needed a little more or maybe some liquid sucralose to sweeten them up a little?

I've read that liquid sucralose and chocolate tends to be bitter so I'm not real sure that I should add that to make them sweeter. The only other thing I can think of is to put some Truvia in the next time and maybe that will help.

TIA.

I'm not sure. I'm not really good with sweeteners. I keep it all really simple when it comes to that. That's why I was so glad that it was sweet enough when I used the WF peanut spread and caramel syrup. It wasn't bitter, it was pretty sweet. Then again I tend to think everything is sweet after being on strict lc for a while:laugh:

I used that much coconut to hold it together. Kind of like the oats in regular no bake cookies. I'm not sure what else to use to mix it with besides nuts.

Ouizoid I'm so glad you like it. I thought it was fantastic. I go through a lot of the cinnamon raisin.

rosethorns 06-12-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobear (Post 16466826)

TIA.

Add some Eyrithitol or Xylitol or Truvia. That will help alot. You ahve to have somehting that will help the liquid sucralose. Any of those three will do it. Start with 1 Tablespoon and taste.

Ms Woods
your recipe sounds great. Looks great too.:)

ouizoid 06-12-2013 11:56 AM

what about adding PB2 instead of coconut??

MsWoods 06-12-2013 03:17 PM

I would use the pb2 instead of coconut flour but not coconut.

Mobear 06-13-2013 05:45 AM

Thanks for the help. Next time I will add some Truvia. I like them ok with 1/2c of coconut so I'll stick with that. Its nice to have a cookie without baking :)

MsWoods 06-13-2013 09:39 AM

I mean, you really probably could put whatever you want in it for texture. Nuts or whatever. Maybe dried soy beans if you're not opposed to them. I eat them every now and then.

alonewithyou 06-26-2013 02:27 PM

looks delish! yogurt spread, is that yogurt? if it's not i have cream cheese, sour cream, yogurts, mascarpone....

MsWoods 06-26-2013 02:36 PM

No it's like butter spread.

Barbo 06-26-2013 07:37 PM

Thanks MsWoods

For the tip on WF peanut raisin spread.
I was over on the JUDDD board and saw some wonderful
ideas and recipes over there including your tip on this product.
Was very impressed with the Down Day recipes.
I noticed that Dottie was there. How are you all doing on JUDDD?

alonewithyou 06-27-2013 01:22 AM

Butter? Oh.. hmm... Then we don't have that here :)

MsWoods 06-27-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbo (Post 16488818)
For the tip on WF peanut raisin spread.
I was over on the JUDDD board and saw some wonderful
ideas and recipes over there including your tip on this product.
Was very impressed with the Down Day recipes.
I noticed that Dottie was there. How are you all doing on JUDDD?

Glad you like it Barbo. I really love it. I can't keep it in my house lol. I don't do JUDDD, I look at the boards because I try to come up with lower calorie recipes and there are some good ideas over there.

Alone-you could just use butter:laugh: It just hardens the "cookie" so something like that is needed in the recipe.

alonewithyou 06-27-2013 12:03 PM

Oh! Great!! I will try these sometime then. I might use pb2 because the site I order from doesn't have the wf pb raisin spread.