Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 382
Gallery: Widget
Flour-Free Desserts?

By 'flour-free' I mean no almond flour, no coconut flour, etc. Also, flax meal gives me severe stomach cramps.

Does anyone know of any good flour-free dessert recipes?
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
cfine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,946
Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Hummmm.. Good question. I always make stuff from either almond flour or coconut flour. My recommendation would be to google it and see what comes up.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
dmburk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: southcentral PA
Posts: 349
Gallery: dmburk
Stats: 260/174.5/190
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb 2011
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...5-rhubarb.html
dmburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 382
Gallery: Widget
I forgot all about rhubarb. These look like some yummy recipes. Thank you for the link.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!
 
rosethorns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Puyallup. WA
Posts: 5,601
Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Thanks Dorcas. My neighbor just gave me a plant. I've never eaten rhubarb. My DH says I'm in for a treat.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,573
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
You could make some sugar-free panna cotta. I don't have a recipe but I know I've seen others on here mention it.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 275
Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosethorns View Post
Thanks Dorcas. My neighbor just gave me a plant. I've never eaten rhubarb. My DH says I'm in for a treat.
I've never eaten it, either. I've also never eaten squash of any kind, but I see a lot of recipes here that include it. Definitely planning on trying both one day soon.
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 382
Gallery: Widget
I had never heard of panna cotta, but I did a search for it on this forum and found a couple of versions that look and sound good. One pic looked a lot like chocolate ice cream. Thank you.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,573
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Here's an awesome rhubarb recipe that I am planning on making with no added sugar (though I haven't yet). It's usually put into a shortbread or graham cracker pie crust, but I like the filling without any crust at all.

Strawberry Rhubarb Mousse

Ingredients:
1 pound rhubarb, cut into 1-inch chunks (3 1/2 cups)
Sweetner equivalent to 1 cup sugar
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 pint strawberries, hulled
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup heavy whipping cream

In 2-quart saucepan, heat rhubarb, sweetner, and 1/4 cup water to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until rhubarb is very tender, about 10 minutes. In food processor, process rhubarb until smooth; return rhubarb to saucepan.

Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand 2 minutes to soften.

Mash strawberries in a bowl. Stir softened gelatin, mashed strawberries, and lemon juice into rhubarb; cook 3 minutes.

Pour rhubarb mixture into a bowl and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon, about 2 1/2 hours. (Or place bowl with rhubarb mixture in a large bowl of ice water and stir every 10 minutes until mixture mounds, about 1 hour.)

When rhubarb mixture is ready, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into rhubarb mixture until blended. Spoon mixture serving cups. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight until well chilled and set. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve.
Mistizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
greybb1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The South y'all
Posts: 2,324
Gallery: greybb1
Stats: 320/238/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2011
Creme brulee. Just google it and you'll find a lot of recipes. Just use a sugar sub for the sugar. The only ingredients are heavy cream, eggs, sugar (I use splenda) and vanilla.

If I decide to go all the way and put the burned sugar on top, I'll use maltitol or some kind of sugar alcohol. Can't use Splenda for this!
greybb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 382
Gallery: Widget
I had never heard of crème brulee before either, but I looked up some recipes and snagged one. Looks and sounds delish. There are a lot more low carb, flour-free recipes out there than I thought.

The Strawberry Rhubarb Mousse sounds wonderful. My next door neighbor just told me he has strawberries in his garden, but he doesn't eat them and I could have what is there. Yahoo.

I'm looking forward to testing out all of these recipes. Thanks to all.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
buttoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,150
Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Puddings, smoothies, custards, trail mix type stuff, jello-dairy desserts and cheesecakes. That's all I can think of besides straight berries and whipped cream. Bakes goods are really out of the question without flour, other than the ones you've created with pork rinds.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 275
Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Low Carb Luxury's Cauliflower Rice Pudding

1/2 cup raw cauliflower, finely grated or riced
1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
1/4 cup brown Sugar Twin
4 ounces cream cheese
2 egg yolks
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions:

Mix 1/4 cup of cream with sweeteners, extracts, spices, and cauliflower. Heat in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes.

Beat egg yolks with 1/4 cup of cream; set aside.

Pour remainder of cream in sauce pan, add cream cheese and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.

Add cauliflower mixture and egg mixture to pan and stir to rethicken.

Pour into 4 small ramekins or pudding dishes and refrigerate 1-3 hours.

Serve and enjoy!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
greybb1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The South y'all
Posts: 2,324
Gallery: greybb1
Stats: 320/238/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2011
Good grief! How could I have forgotten cheesecake? I have it all the time.

A good starter if you don't want to make a whole cake is are these muffin sized cheesecakes. They are handy to have around and I keep them in the freezer.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-muffins.html
greybb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 275
Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
I made the cream cheese muffins the other night for DH. Topped them with cherry pie filling. They're so pretty!
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 382
Gallery: Widget
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
Baked goods are really out of the question without flour, other than the ones you've created with pork rinds.
My pork rind recipes all contain mostly almond flour. Thanks for the list of suggestions, Buttoni.

On the Low Carb Luxury's Cauliflower Rice Pudding, I don't use brown sugar substitutes, do you think it would still taste good if I substituted a non-brown-sugar sweetener, or maybe syrup?

The cream cheese muffins sound really good. Yum.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 275
Gallery: Beth2013
Stats: 165/133/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 1, 2013
Widget - I plan to omit the brown sugar stuff, too (don't have any), unless one of the long-time bakers here tells me otherwise. My mother used to make high-carb rice pudding and I don't remember her using brown sugar.
Beth2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 757
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
This is quite good. I made this last year. I found out that I couldn't do berries and haven't made it since. I used raspberries when I made it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Vanilla Semifreddo with a Blackberry Swirl

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts Low Carb

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
5 large egg yolks -- room temperature
3/4 cup sweetener (I used ideal – this is granular)
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 heaped cup fresh blackberries
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl, add your egg yolks. Set them aside so they can begin to come to room temperature.
Take your heaped cup of blackerries, and add them to your food processor (either a prep processor or a large processor fitted with a small working bowl and small metal blade) with 1/4 cup of heavy cream and 1 tablspoon of sweetner. Puree until nice and smooth. Place into a small dish and set in the fridge to chill.

Take the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream, and start whipping. Once there is some body to the cream, add 1/4 cup of sweetener. Continue to whip until you have reached the point of having stiff peaks. Once done, place in the fridge until we’re ready to use it.

Add your 2 teaspoons of vanilla, 1/2 cup sweetener, and pinch of salt to the yolks. Whisk until everything is well combined.

Get a pot of water simmering on the stove. You want just a small amount of water in the pot because you are going to set the bowl with the egg mixture over the top. You do not want the water to be able to touch the bottom of the bowl. Once the water is starting to warm, set your bowl on top and start whisking. If you have a hand mixed, now is the time to get it out. Fit it with the whisk attachments, and start mixing. You want to mix this for about 10 minutes, or until the color becomes more golden, and the egg mixture reaches a thick, smooth texture. It’ll be close to a pudding that has just started to thicken up a bit. Once it reaches this point, remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool. You can also put it in an ice bath to speed the cooling process.

Grab a loaf pan, and give it a quick spray with cooking spray. If you don’t have any, a little bit of oil or shortening will work. Line your tin with plastic wrap, leaving a 3" overhang on each side. Set aside.
Once your egg mixture has cooled, you’re ready to start putting your semifreddo together. Take your whipped cream and berry mixture out of the fridge. Start by adding 1/4 of the whipped cream into the egg mixture. Gently but thoroughly fold it in. Once this is combined, continue adding the remaining cream in 3 more additions. Combine everything thoroughly, but do not overly mix.

Once everything is nice and combined, take a nice dallop of this custard and add it into your berry mixture. Combine it completely.
Pour about 1/3 of the custard into your lined tin. Drop/drizzle 1/3 of your berry mixture over the top of the custard.

Cover with another 1/3 of the custard, and repeat the dropping of berry mix. Top with the remaining custard, and drizzle the remaining berry mix over top. Take a butter knife, and drag it through the custard to “swirl” the berry mix through.

Once you’re done swirling, pull your plastic overhang over the top of your semifreddo, covering it completely. You don’t need to press it down, just cover the top. Set it in the freezer to set – at least 5 hours. Because this is made with whipped cream, it won’t get completely solid. When you’re ready to serve, pull the block out by the plastic wrap, and set onto a plate to cut into slices. This will make 8 generous servings!
Nutritional information
Carbs: 2.5 grams, or 2 grams net
Protein: 1.8 grams
Fat: 7.8 grams
Fiber: .5 grams
Calories: 83
Can you believe that? Now THAT is what I call a “diet” dessert!

Description:
"This semifreddo is so rich, so delicious, and so NOT low carb, sugarfree tasting. It’s AMAZING. And, despite what I thought, was pretty darn easy to make. I will be making MANY more semifreddos to come – I am HOOKED!"
Source:
"http://lowcarbmadeeasy.com"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 757
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Oh, and here's a cookie recipe without flour. I'm not sure who originally posted it. My notes are at the bottom:

* Exported from MasterCook *

No Bake Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies Low Carb
Quick & Easy

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 Tablespoons Coconut Oil Or Melted Unsalted Butter
1/2 cups Natural Peanut Butter
6 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
6 Tablespoons Splenda (granular) Or Another Granular Sweetener
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cups Finely Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 cups Pecans -- Chopped

Mix together the coconut oil, peanut butter, cocoa powder until the cocoa powder is fully incorporated.
Add the splenda and vanilla.
Next incorporate the coconut and pecans.
Use a spoon to drop cookies onto a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Chill until set.
I make small cookies with these. If you like them small like I do, you will get approximately 18 cookies. If you like them larger, by all means make them larger, it will just increase the setting time

Source:
"http://www.lowcarbfriends.com"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : 1/15/2013 I used almond butter instead of peanut butter. I did not use pecans, but increased the coconut by a little less than 1/4 cup. I melted the butter in a pan and added the almond butter and erythritol and stevia glycerite until well combined and melted. I then added remaining ingredients.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #20
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 27,310
Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose View Post
This is quite good. I made this last year. I found out that I couldn't do berries and haven't made it since. I used raspberries when I made it.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Vanilla Semifreddo with a Blackberry Swirl

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts Low Carb

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
5 large egg yolks -- room temperature
3/4 cup sweetener (I used ideal – this is granular)
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 heaped cup fresh blackberries
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl, add your egg yolks. Set them aside so they can begin to come to room temperature.
Take your heaped cup of blackerries, and add them to your food processor (either a prep processor or a large processor fitted with a small working bowl and small metal blade) with 1/4 cup of heavy cream and 1 tablspoon of sweetner. Puree until nice and smooth. Place into a small dish and set in the fridge to chill.

Take the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream, and start whipping. Once there is some body to the cream, add 1/4 cup of sweetener. Continue to whip until you have reached the point of having stiff peaks. Once done, place in the fridge until we’re ready to use it.

Add your 2 teaspoons of vanilla, 1/2 cup sweetener, and pinch of salt to the yolks. Whisk until everything is well combined.

Get a pot of water simmering on the stove. You want just a small amount of water in the pot because you are going to set the bowl with the egg mixture over the top. You do not want the water to be able to touch the bottom of the bowl. Once the water is starting to warm, set your bowl on top and start whisking. If you have a hand mixed, now is the time to get it out. Fit it with the whisk attachments, and start mixing. You want to mix this for about 10 minutes, or until the color becomes more golden, and the egg mixture reaches a thick, smooth texture. It’ll be close to a pudding that has just started to thicken up a bit. Once it reaches this point, remove it from the heat and set it aside to cool. You can also put it in an ice bath to speed the cooling process.

Grab a loaf pan, and give it a quick spray with cooking spray. If you don’t have any, a little bit of oil or shortening will work. Line your tin with plastic wrap, leaving a 3" overhang on each side. Set aside.
Once your egg mixture has cooled, you’re ready to start putting your semifreddo together. Take your whipped cream and berry mixture out of the fridge. Start by adding 1/4 of the whipped cream into the egg mixture. Gently but thoroughly fold it in. Once this is combined, continue adding the remaining cream in 3 more additions. Combine everything thoroughly, but do not overly mix.

Once everything is nice and combined, take a nice dallop of this custard and add it into your berry mixture. Combine it completely.
Pour about 1/3 of the custard into your lined tin. Drop/drizzle 1/3 of your berry mixture over the top of the custard.

Cover with another 1/3 of the custard, and repeat the dropping of berry mix. Top with the remaining custard, and drizzle the remaining berry mix over top. Take a butter knife, and drag it through the custard to “swirl” the berry mix through.

Once you’re done swirling, pull your plastic overhang over the top of your semifreddo, covering it completely. You don’t need to press it down, just cover the top. Set it in the freezer to set – at least 5 hours. Because this is made with whipped cream, it won’t get completely solid. When you’re ready to serve, pull the block out by the plastic wrap, and set onto a plate to cut into slices. This will make 8 generous servings!
Nutritional information
Carbs: 2.5 grams, or 2 grams net
Protein: 1.8 grams
Fat: 7.8 grams
Fiber: .5 grams
Calories: 83

Can you believe that? Now THAT is what I call a “diet” dessert!

Description:
"This semifreddo is so rich, so delicious, and so NOT low carb, sugarfree tasting. It’s AMAZING. And, despite what I thought, was pretty darn easy to make. I will be making MANY more semifreddos to come – I am HOOKED!"
Source:
"http://lowcarbmadeeasy.com"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This sounds awesome! but the nutritional information is way off.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 757
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
This sounds awesome! but the nutritional information is way off.
I never checked the nutritional info. It's what was posted with the recipe.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 27,310
Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose View Post
I never checked the nutritional info. It's what was posted with the recipe.
I really thought this sounded good- sorry you can't eat berries anymore, BTW-
but anyway, when I copied it into MasterCook I came up with:

178 Calories; 17g Fat (74.4% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate;
7g Sugar Alcohols; 1g Dietary Fiber; 184mg Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium

I need more calories from fat, so in this case, it was good news

Last edited by Pami; 06-02-2013 at 04:54 PM..
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 757
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
I really thought this sounded good- sorry you can't eat berries anymore, BTW-
but anyway, when I copied it into MasterCook I came up with:

178 Calories; 17g Fat (74.4% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate;
1g Dietary Fiber; 184mg Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium

I need more calories from fat, so in this case, it was good news
Thanks for the updated/corrected info. It's waaaayyy too many carbs for me.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member
 
at_last's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 229
Gallery: at_last
Stats: 164/115/112 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2009
I have made the Vanilla Blackberry Semifreddo and it is delicious! One serving has only 2.28g net carbs. I don't count sweetener carbs because I use liquid splenda and/or truvia.

Here are my calculations for one serving, based on 8 servings per the recipe directions:

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Serving

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 150
Calories 173

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 16.67g 26%
Saturated Fat 9.582g 48%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.008g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.23g
Cholesterol 182mg 61%
Sodium 20mg 1%
Potassium 70mg
Total Carbohydrate 3.28g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 1.11g
Protein 2.7g
at_last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
at_last's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 229
Gallery: at_last
Stats: 164/115/112 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2009
Also, Widget, I have a yummy chocolate dessert that's flourless.

Makes 2 servings

2 oz unsweetened chocolate (I use Baker's chocolate squares)
1 tsp instant coffee
2 tsp DaVinci French Vanilla sugarfree syrup
2 tsp Truvia
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
1/2 c. heavy cream

Coarsely chop chocolate and put in heatproof container along with rest of ingredients except cream. Heat cream to simmer. Pour on top of chocolate mixture and let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Pour into 2 containers and chill for several hours until set.

Rich and delicious!
at_last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: U.S.
Posts: 382
Gallery: Widget
Mmmmm, sounds like chocolate candy. All of these recipes sound good, I'll be spending the next month in the kitchen.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!
 
rosethorns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Puyallup. WA
Posts: 5,601
Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
These are so delish.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-truffles.html

I make chocolate bars alot.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...andy-nuts.html

Another one that's great.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ate-candy.html

This sounds good. Read the whole thread for info,
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...late-cake.html

There's a few.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Soobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,379
Gallery: Soobee
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2000
I have a recipe for black soy bean or garbanzo bean brownies if you want.
Soobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: WA
Posts: 757
Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Here's another good one:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Flourless Chocolate Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes & Frostings Low Carb
Quick & Easy

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar substitute
18 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1 cup unsalted butter
6 eggs

1 -10 inch round cakeChange Servings
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease one 10 inch round cake pan and set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the water, salt and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
Either in the top half of a double boiler or in a microwave oven melt the bittersweet chocolate. Pour the chocolate into the bowl of an electric mixer.
Cut the butter into pieces and beat the butter into the chocolate, 1 piece at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in the pan. To unmold, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.

The only change I made is that I used powdered Swerve in place of sugar. Otherwise I followed it exactly as they did it. So, this is not my original creation, and very little had to be done to make it low carb. If you want to make it completely dairy free (I used butter so I guess I can't call it dairy free), you could use coconut oil in place of butter. I haven't tested that but I don't know why it wouldn't work. This is a very dense, very rich, very chocolaty flourless cake. It tastes better the longer it sits. It should be thoroughly chilled but as is usual in my case, being the impatient and last minute type of person I am, I made it and let it cool in my garage and stuck it in the freezer for about an hour and it was just fine. I held my breath as I worked to get it out of the pan and voila, it came out in one piece! Yay! It is a semi-sweet, so if you want a sweeter chocolate add more sweetener and taste the batter before baking. I used 3/4 cup Swerve. Next time I probably would add 1/4 cup xylitol. I rarely use Swerve. It's just way too out of my price range but I got a good deal on some so had some on hand. I saved it for a special treat, but I sure couldn't afford to have any sweets if I used it all the time. So the next time I make this I will probably use a different combination of sweeteners, but I'm sure I will make it again! Very decadent! Very romantic, special, wonderful! Very much a Valentine treat.
The nutrition info for making this with Swerve is here, this is for just the cake, without the topping:
This is for 12 servings: 394 Calories; 41g Fat (82.4% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber;

I tried Baker’s, Nestle and Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate. My guests preferred the Nestle brand the best. Just as good as Ghirardelli but at half the price. For you mint lovers, for one cake I added ¾ tsp. of mint extract to the mix. Very nice and subtle result. The other reviewer advice I tried and agree with includes: Eliminate 3 egg yolks and use 3 eggs and 3 egg whites; Use parchment paper in bottom of spring form pan. I sprayed the parchment and sides of the pan with PAM; Use a lot of heavy duty foil to seal the pan and keep the water bath out. By the third try, it was totally dry; Use Grand Marnier instead of the water. It’s pricey, but what the heck; Use a long very thin blade knife to cut the cake. Run it under hot water before each cut. This eliminated sticking. I made a raspberry sauce that I served on the plate but also put a small dab of whipped cream on each piece. “Nuked” each piece for 15 seconds before adding the cream and raspberry sauce.

Description:
"A dense chocolate cake for those of us who can't tolerate wheat or gluten."
Source:
ginnys lowcarb kitchen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


NOTES : I used Trader Joes dark chocolate. I used erythritol and stevia glycerite for the sweetener. This is the best! Dense and creamy and chocolatey.
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Barbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern Ca. San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 4,013
Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Hi Widget

It's good to see you.
I've loved all the recipes that you made using pork rind flour/almond flour.
Can you no longer use these ingredients for baking?
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.