Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   SF chip varieties (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/805054-sf-chip-varieties.html)

Smiles 05-30-2013 02:02 AM

SF chip varieties

Hi all,

When I ate everything HC, I loved to use peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, etc. in cookies and other baked goods. I can find sf chocolate chips easily enough, but was wondering if any of you have been successful with coming up with different other flavored chips like the ones I mentioned. Or do you have an idea on how one might go about experimenting?

Tracy

Soobee 05-30-2013 06:48 AM

I have 3 recipes for peanut butter chips. I haven't tried any of them yet.
Peanut Butter Baking Chips Chockolawtay
1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1 tbs. Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 tbs. Powdered Erythritol
Line a loaf pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Stir together all the ingredients (it should look thick and fudgy like cookie dough) and flatten out the back of a spoon or a square of wax/parchment paper. Refrigerate lightly covered for 1 day. Slice into desired size with a pizza cutter and carefully separate the chips.
Peanut Butter Chips Katie
5 tbsp virgin coconut oil or cacao butter (40g)
8 leveled tbsp peanut flour (PB2 or Betty Lou’s) (48g)
Stevia drops to taste.)
:Melt the first ingredient if it’s not already liquid. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir well to form a paste. Smooth into candy molds or onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper, and freeze until solid. If using the wax/parchment option, break chips into pieces once firm.
Peanut Butter Chips Kevin
1/2 cup pb powder
1/2 cup powdered erythritol
2 T davinci pb syrup
1 T peanut butter
10 grams paraffin wax small shreds
Combine all ingredients in 3 cup mini-prep food processor. It will be like a thick paste. Transfer to a non-stick sauce pan and heat on low until you can no longer see any wax. Drop small amounts on foil and let set in fridge for 5 min. Roll drops into ball and let set 10 min more.

Gabby1 05-30-2013 08:10 AM

Love these- thanks Soobee!

Smiles 05-30-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16446670)
I have 3 recipes for peanut butter chips. I haven't tried any of them yet.
Peanut Butter Baking Chips Chockolawtay
1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1 tbs. Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 tbs. Powdered Erythritol
Line a loaf pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Stir together all the ingredients (it should look thick and fudgy like cookie dough) and flatten out the back of a spoon or a square of wax/parchment paper. Refrigerate lightly covered for 1 day. Slice into desired size with a pizza cutter and carefully separate the chips.
Peanut Butter Chips Katie
5 tbsp virgin coconut oil or cacao butter (40g)
8 leveled tbsp peanut flour (PB2 or Betty Louís) (48g)
Stevia drops to taste.)
:Melt the first ingredient if itís not already liquid. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir well to form a paste. Smooth into candy molds or onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper, and freeze until solid. If using the wax/parchment option, break chips into pieces once firm.
Peanut Butter Chips Kevin
1/2 cup pb powder
1/2 cup powdered erythritol
2 T davinci pb syrup
1 T peanut butter
10 grams paraffin wax small shreds
Combine all ingredients in 3 cup mini-prep food processor. It will be like a thick paste. Transfer to a non-stick sauce pan and heat on low until you can no longer see any wax. Drop small amounts on foil and let set in fridge for 5 min. Roll drops into ball and let set 10 min more.

Soobee! Thank you! :hugs:

Tracy