Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jfar
Pistachio pound cake

I tried the recipe for the Meyer lemon pound cake and it was delicious so I thought I'd get creative with it. Using the Meyer lemon pound cake recipe but omitting the lemon juice and extract, I added a box of sugar free pistachio pudding mix to the batter. The batter was pretty thick so I added 1/3 cup of sugar free vanilla syrup to it. Baked at 350 for 45 min. While it was cooling I whipped up some pistachio frosting (softened cream cheese, butter, Splenda, cream, and dry pistachio pudding mix). When the cake was cooled I cut it into thick slices and frosted it thickly with the frosting, then cut each slice into 3 pieces. It's so rich that one or 2 pieces satisfies my sweet tooth. Dh loved it too and he is very picky. There are an endless amount of combinations to try. Next I'm going to try pineapple. I'll put some unsweetened frozen pineapple chunks in the chopper till it is crushed pineapple thickness and add SF pineapple syrup to the batter. Frost it with sweetened whipped cream. To make chocolate add 1 box sf chocolate pudding mix and 1/3 cup of sf chocolate syrup to the batter. Frost with a cream cheese frosting with cocoa powder added. The box of dry pistachio pudding mix added 9 carbs to the count. Have no idea what the carb count was for the frosting because I didn't measure,just used the mix and taste method.
jfar is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Boy that sounds good and I think I still have some boxes of pistachio pudding mix in my cupboard! Thanks for the creative ideas!
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Glad you liked the lemon version! Your pistachio version DOES sound good! Bet it was a pretty color, too. Can you post a pic?

Last edited by buttoni; 05-27-2013 at 01:26 PM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jfar
Yes, it was a pretty color, but sorry,can't post a picture. Need to get a new digital camera. Interesting detail, there is No pistachio in pistachio pudding mix! They are walnuts!
jfar is offline   Reply With Quote