Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   What's on the BBQ for Memorial Day? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/804805-whats-bbq-memorial-day.html)

greybb1 05-25-2013 10:04 PM

What's on the BBQ for Memorial Day?

I'm doing two racks of pork ribs and some beef ribs.

Boiled some eggs today to make deviled eggs and I've got an amaretto cheesecake with an almond flour crust in the oven.

So what's on your grill this weekend? Care to share any recipes?

Charski 05-25-2013 11:06 PM

Sous vide tri-tip, finishing up on the grill! Baked or sweet potatoes, and some sugar snap peas. Yum yum.

Oh yeah and homebrewed beer!

Nigel 05-26-2013 06:18 AM

Rain...but we really need the rain. :)

I haven't figured out what to cook yet. My bbq is on the back porch out of the weather so I could bbq, but I bbq'd yesterday, so I'm still thinking about what to make.

I hope others post their menus...that would help me. I'm not great at making menus.

Patience 05-26-2013 09:00 AM

Rain seems to be on the menu here, too.
Not sure whether that is a smiley or a frown . . . it keeps me from mowing and that also might be a smile or a frown. The small herd of deer that have taken up residence in my yard seem to be enjoying the unmowed banquet.

Probably grilled salmon here, though. With some asparagus, still in season and quite good. I had some salmon last night just with olives marinated in oil and it was to die for . . . although maybe I should give thought to something different.

Charski 05-26-2013 03:13 PM

They're even saying WE might get a sprinkle! No matter, once the tri-tip is sous vide'd, it just needs to brown quickly on the outdoor grill, which is on our long covered back porch. As long as it's not blowing rain in there, we'll be good!

marieze 05-26-2013 03:48 PM

A big green salad with cucumbers, sliced red, yellow and orange mini bell peppers and avocado with champagne dressing.....

Barbecued rack of lamb.....

Asparagus with olive oil, lemon and kosher salt.....

So Delicious mint chip coconut milk non-dairy frozen dessert

Barbo 05-26-2013 05:45 PM

Your menus sound wonderful!

How we suffer!
:lol:

Rib eyes on the Bar-B..fresh green beans and yellow squash from
the garden. Just think I'll cook them in a big skillet with bacon.
Costco. has Applewood Smoked Center Cut bacon now and it is GOOD.
Salad is hearts of romaine with green goddess dressing.
Dessert is fresh strawberries over almond short cake, and a blob
of whipping cream...

pocahontas 05-26-2013 05:47 PM

We were craving Mexican so we went to the Mex market and picked up some fresh salsa, avocados for guacamole and some carne asada and al pastor to throw on the grill. I'm going to make a cheese cake too but havent decided which one. Yesterday we grilled brats, peppers and onions.

Mistizoom 05-26-2013 06:12 PM

Bought some NY Strip steaks and asparagus yesterday to grill, but not sure it's going to happen with all the rain we are getting.

rosethorns 05-26-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marieze (Post 16441533)

So Delicious mint chip coconut milk non-dairy frozen dessert

Where did you find this? Is it s/f?

I'm having steaks on the grill, strawberry spinach salad, grilled veggies.

marieze 05-26-2013 07:00 PM

Hi Esther!

1 Attachment(s)
The So Delicious is sugar free! I posted about it in the main lobby last week....you may want to look for it. Very healthy, sweetened with erytherol and delicious! A bit spendy for the pint, anywhere from 4.50 to 6.00 and worth every penny. Chocolate and mint chip are my favorites and didn't care for the vanilla bean at all....everybody else loves it.

Whole foods has it as does Safeway which I believe is the same at Kroeger. Google So Delicious and it will tell you, based on zip code, the closest store to you!

[/ATTACH]

buttoni 05-27-2013 07:04 AM

A huge grass-fed beef brisket. Pre-cooked it a 3/4 done covered in foil yesterday at 250 to help tenderize it and will slap it on the charcoal grill for about 4 hours smoking and saucing today.

greybb1 05-27-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marieze (Post 16441767)
The So Delicious is sugar free! I posted about it in the main lobby last week....you may want to look for it. Very healthy, sweetened with erytherol and delicious! A bit spendy for the pint, anywhere from 4.50 to 6.00 and worth every penny. Chocolate and mint chip are my favorites and didn't care for the vanilla bean at all....everybody else loves it.

Whole foods has it as does Safeway which I believe is the same at Kroeger. Google So Delicious and it will tell you, based on zip code, the closest store to you!

[/ATTACH]

The web site says my Kroger carries this brand. I'll have to check out the health food section. Can't wait to try it!

MsWoods 05-27-2013 09:34 AM

Well, I had to work today so bf grilled for me last night, but this is what we had:
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4b30df5c.jpg
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...ps61405050.jpg
The top sausage is a chicken sausage with artichoke and mozzerella, the middle is a beef vadalia onion, and the bottom is a beef smoked chipotle and cheddar.

The yellow peppers I stuffed with Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Cheese Wedges. The red ones I stuffed with a new Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Dip, roasted red pepper flavor:laugh:, and the orange ones I stuffed with another flavor of the greek yogurt dip, dill and cucumber flavor. The ones with the laughing cow were the best.:yummy:

greybb1 05-27-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoods (Post 16442384)
Well, I had to work today so bf grilled for me last night, but this is what we had:
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4b30df5c.jpg
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...ps61405050.jpg
The top sausage is a chicken sausage with artichoke and mozzerella, the middle is a beef vadalia onion, and the bottom is a beef smoked chipotle and cheddar.

The yellow peppers I stuffed with Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Cheese Wedges. The red ones I stuffed with a new Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt Dip, roasted red pepper flavor:laugh:, and the orange ones I stuffed with another flavor of the greek yogurt dip, dill and cucumber flavor. The ones with the laughing cow were the best.:yummy:

Boy that looks good! Where do you get those sausages? They sound delicious.

MsWoods 05-27-2013 09:56 AM

I got them all at Walmart. They are by the hot dogs.

Charski 05-27-2013 11:06 AM

My two 4-chile-marinated tri-tips are in the sous vide - we'll take them out about 5 tonight and throw 'em on the grill til they're a bit charred on both sides. DH requested I grill some onions too, so add that to the coleslaw and baked regular or sweet potatoes! Watermelon still on the dessert menu.

dianafoot 05-27-2013 12:34 PM

We're doing shrimp fajitas on the grill--lots of marinated jumbo shrimp, onions, jalpenos, cherry tomatoes, all colors of peppers, zucchini, and low-carb tortillas. Gonna make fresh pico de gallo, guacamole, and black beans to go with. And of course, margaritas for those who can indulge!

sligh 05-27-2013 01:01 PM

This is a Lisa Marshall recipe out of the Low-Carbing Among Friends Volume 1 cookbook. I made a couple minor changes in the vegetables. The original recipe calls for green and red bell peppers. I substituted mushrooms and celery. So this is the result. I loved it and it was a big big hit at the party I took it to.

Anti-Pasto Salad

8 cups of mixed, diced vegetables
Yellow squash
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Celery
Asparagus
Snow peas
Green beans
Cherry tomatoes
8 oz sliced salami
2 oz sliced pepperoni
6 oz jarred marinated artichoke hearts
2.25 oz can sliced black olives
cup feta cheese
cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh chives

Tomato Dressing:
8 oz canned tomato sauce
cup cider vinegar
cup olive oil
2 tablespoons dried oregano 1 teaspoon garlic powder

To a lidded bowl, add 8 cups mixed diced vegetables. (Asparagus, snow peas and green beans may benefit from light steaming.) Add sliced salami and pepperoni. Add the artichoke hearts, olives, feta and mozzarella cheeses, basil and chives, stirring to combine.

In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, vinegar, olive oil, oregano and garlic powder; whisk until well combined. Pour dressing over the salad mixture and place a lid on the bowl. Chill and marinate at least 4 hours before serving.

greybb1 05-27-2013 02:29 PM

Wow, Sligh, that sounds good. I bet it tastes better the next day than it does the first!

sligh 05-27-2013 03:23 PM

It probably does taste better the next day, but there was nothing left, and it made a LOT.

pocahontas 05-28-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the tip! I'm on maintenance right now so will give this a try. Sounds delish! :up:

rosethorns 05-28-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

[/ATTACH]

Thanks . They have the milk which I use. I will look for the ice cream.I never go to the main lobby.