Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Chocolate Chip Cookies?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/804102-chocolate-chip-cookies.html)

Smiles 05-14-2013 12:00 AM

Chocolate Chip Cookies??
 
Hi Everyone,

Do any of you have a great tasting LC, GF chocolate chip cookie recipe?

I've been craving them, but having gone mostly off wheat due to an allergy, I don't have any in the house I feel I should eat. Help! LOL! :)

Tracy

Avicenna 05-14-2013 12:33 AM

This is not exactly LC because it has chickpeas but is quite good

1/2 can chickpeas
1/4 cup hazelnut butter (or other nut butter)
1/4 cup sweetener
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash salt
1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chunks

Puree in food processor - bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes

theredhead 05-14-2013 06:37 AM

I haven't made these in a long time, but I remember they were very good.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

1 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
8 drops liquid splenda (You can use your favorite sweetener combo)
1/3 cup erythritol
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips

Mix ingredients and spread in a greased 8X8 pan. Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. The sweetener is probably equivalent to 2/3-3/4 cup sugar.

rosethorns 05-14-2013 09:05 AM

I make them with almond flour like the chocolate chip recipe from the package.

Smiles 05-14-2013 10:56 AM

OMG! I wish I had my supplies. I want these now :lol:

Thanks for the feedback so far. :)

Tracy

Smiles 05-14-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16423937)
I make them with almond flour like the chocolate chip recipe from the package.

That sounds good. :) From which package? I feel like I'm missing something here. Lol.

Tracy

rosethorns 05-14-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiles (Post 16424129)
That sounds good. :) From which package? I feel like I'm missing something here. Lol.

Tracy

LOL sorry the Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip package. How we made before LC.:)

Smiles 05-14-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosethorns (Post 16424845)
LOL sorry the Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip package. How we made before LC.:)

LOL! OK. Thanks so much. :) I'll look up the Tollhouse recipe then.

Tracy

dawnyama 05-15-2013 05:46 AM

See Post #4m, there is even a picture! :

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ce...e-recipes.html

pocahontas 05-15-2013 02:33 PM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ip-cookie.html

Oldie but goodie. Havent made them in a while. Maybe I will! :D

jandjsmom 05-15-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredhead (Post 16423657)
I haven't made these in a long time, but I remember they were very good.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

1 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
8 drops liquid splenda (You can use your favorite sweetener combo)
1/3 cup erythritol
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips

Mix ingredients and spread in a greased 8X8 pan. Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. The sweetener is probably equivalent to 2/3-3/4 cup sugar.

I saw this recipe this afternoon and made them for dessert! Wonderful, thank you so much for sharing the recipe!!

theredhead 05-16-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jandjsmom (Post 16426353)
I saw this recipe this afternoon and made them for dessert! Wonderful, thank you so much for sharing the recipe!!

I'll have to try them again soon, too. :)

pocahontas 05-16-2013 09:56 AM

The choc chip cookie bars are good! I have made those before too. :yummy:

Smiles 05-18-2013 05:20 PM

Wow! With all these yummy sounding recipes, I'll be swimming in chocolate chip cookies. :clap:

Thanks so much :) Feel free to keep adding more or even tweeks.

Tracy

jlp2009 05-25-2013 05:51 AM

There is a really good recipe on back of the Honeyville Almond flour bag and Kevinpa had a good one.

greybb1 05-25-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlp2009 (Post 16439584)
There is a really good recipe on back of the Honeyville Almond flour bag and Kevinpa had a good one.

I second the Honeyville recipe. I also use it, minus the chocolate chips, for my cheesecake crust.

Criosa 05-25-2013 08:21 AM

I have found that when you use almond flour, you don't need as much butter in a cookie recipe...if you want a more chewy cookie with less spread. I use a basic tollhouse recipe, half the butter, and no eggs. It works great!

Smiles 05-25-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlp2009 (Post 16439584)
There is a really good recipe on back of the Honeyville Almond flour bag and Kevinpa had a good one.

Thanks for telling me! I have Bob's Red Mills almond flour atm. I wonder if the Honeyville recipe is online??? If you'd like to helper an LCFer out and post it, I'd love you forever :D

Tracy

Smiles 05-25-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybb1 (Post 16439628)
I second the Honeyville recipe. I also use it, minus the chocolate chips, for my cheesecake crust.

Ooooo, I like the idea of using it as a crust. I need some good crust recipes. Thanks so much. :jumpjoy:

Tracy

Smiles 05-25-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Criosa (Post 16439750)
I have found that when you use almond flour, you don't need as much butter in a cookie recipe...if you want a more chewy cookie with less spread. I use a basic tollhouse recipe, half the butter, and no eggs. It works great!

I didn't know that about the spread. Thank you!

Tracy

Smiles 05-25-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlp2009 (Post 16439584)
There is a really good recipe on back of the Honeyville Almond flour bag and Kevinpa had a good one.

OK, I looked around online and found this on the site. Is this the one you use?? I'm thinking maybe not as it doesn't say almond flour in the ingredients?
Ingredients Measurements
Dark Chocolate Chip Morsels 2 1/3 cup
All-Purpose Flour 1 cup
Sweet Butter (room temp.) 1 1/2 sticks
Light Brown Sugar (packed) 1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar 1/2 cup
Whole Medium Eggs (room temp.) 2 eggs
Hi-maizeŠ 260 1 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp

Preparation:

Sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and Hi-maizeŠ.
Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment.
Add the vanilla and eggs and blend until uniform.
Add the dry blend to the wet blend and mix until uniform.
Add the chocolate chips and mix until they are dispersed evenly.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on to an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes at 375F. Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.


Also, do you use the Hi Maize 260? And I'd sub out the regular sugar, brown sugar for other sweeteners, of course. I'd sub the AP flour with almond flour.



Tracy

Tweaker Geek 05-25-2013 07:06 PM

Tracy - Here's the recipe from the back of the Honeyville Grain Almond Flour bag. The recipe can be found at elanaspantry.com and there's a video of her making the cookies.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups blanched Almond Flour
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. grapeseed oil
1 Tb. vanilla extract
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 cup dark chocolate 73%
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Stir together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
Mix wet ingredients into dry.
Form 1/2 inch balls and press onto parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 7-10 mins.
Cool.

On Elana's recipe she says form 1" balls not 1/2".
The recipe doesn't mention adding in the chocolate but just stir in after the rest of ingredients are mixed. I'd use sugar- free chocolate chips. I'd replace the agave with a sugar-free sweetener.

Hope that helps. I have Elana's Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook. Some nice recipes in there; she does use agave a lot but I replace with other sweeteners.

Smiles 05-25-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek (Post 16440534)
Tracy - Here's the recipe from the back of the Honeyville Grain Almond Flour bag. The recipe can be found at elanaspantry.com and there's a video of her making the cookies.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups blanched Almond Flour
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. grapeseed oil
1 Tb. vanilla extract
1/2 cup agave nectar
1 cup dark chocolate 73%
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Stir together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
Mix wet ingredients into dry.
Form 1/2 inch balls and press onto parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350 for 7-10 mins.
Cool.

On Elana's recipe she says form 1" balls not 1/2".
The recipe doesn't mention adding in the chocolate but just stir in after the rest of ingredients are mixed. I'd use sugar- free chocolate chips. I'd replace the agave with a sugar-free sweetener.

Hope that helps. I have Elana's Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook. Some nice recipes in there; she does use agave a lot but I replace with other sweeteners.

Tweaker! :hugs: Thanks so much :heart:

A couple of questions:

1) Do you understand a cup in the recipe to be 6 oz or 8 oz?

2) If I were to replace the agave with another sweetener, how much would I need? What is the sugar equivalent of 1/2 cup of agave. I usually work from there when deciding on my sweeteners.

3) Could I sub something for grapeseed oil, such as vegetable oil?? Or sunflower oil? I'm not sure.

Thanks :)

Tracy

greybb1 05-25-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiles (Post 16440604)
Tweaker! :hugs: Thanks so much :heart:

A couple of questions:

1) Do you understand a cup in the recipe to be 6 oz or 8 oz?

2) If I were to replace the agave with another sweetener, how much would I need? What is the sugar equivalent of 1/2 cup of agave. I usually work from there when deciding on my sweeteners.

3) Could I sub something for grapeseed oil, such as vegetable oil?? Or sunflower oil? I'm not sure.

Thanks :)

Tracy

Just made a batch of this for the crust of the amaretto cheesecake I've got in the oven. :yummy: :)

The cup in this recipe is a regular measuring cup. You do not have to weigh it.

I use melted butter but you can use any lite tasting oil.

I use 1/2 cup of splenda as the sweetener.

This makes a great crust!

drjlocarb 05-26-2013 06:40 AM

Post # 92 in this thread has a conversion for agave.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16411368.

Smiles 05-26-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybb1 (Post 16440651)
Just made a batch of this for the crust of the amaretto cheesecake I've got in the oven. :yummy: :)

The cup in this recipe is a regular measuring cup. You do not have to weigh it.

I use melted butter but you can use any lite tasting oil.

I use 1/2 cup of splenda as the sweetener.

This makes a great crust!

Thank you! :jumpjoy:

Tracy

Smiles 05-26-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjlocarb (Post 16440837)
Post # 92 in this thread has a conversion for agave.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16411368.

Thank you so much, Dr. J :)

Tracy

Itsanewme 05-26-2013 05:50 PM

If you have a problem w/ portion control....


Chocolate Chip Cookie for One


1 tablespoon butter -- at room temperature
1 Tablespoon Splenda
1/8 teaspoon molasses
1 Tbsp egg -- beaten
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons almond meal
1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
tiny pinch salt
1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips

In a small ramekin or microwavable cup, combine softened butter and sugar substitute; stir well with a spoon. Stir in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Stir in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Microwave on high for 35-40 seconds. Let cookie rest at room temperature for about 10 seconds before devouring.

Smiles 05-26-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itsanewme (Post 16441678)
If you have a problem w/ portion control....


Chocolate Chip Cookie for One


1 tablespoon butter -- at room temperature
1 Tablespoon Splenda
1/8 teaspoon molasses
1 Tbsp egg -- beaten
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons almond meal
1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
tiny pinch salt
1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips

In a small ramekin or microwavable cup, combine softened butter and sugar substitute; stir well with a spoon. Stir in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Stir in almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Microwave on high for 35-40 seconds. Let cookie rest at room temperature for about 10 seconds before devouring.

This is awesome for those times you just want a quick fix. Thank you :jumpjoy:

Tracy

Tweaker Geek 05-26-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiles (Post 16440604)
Tweaker! :hugs: Thanks so much :heart:

A couple of questions:

1) Do you understand a cup in the recipe to be 6 oz or 8 oz?

2) If I were to replace the agave with another sweetener, how much would I need? What is the sugar equivalent of 1/2 cup of agave. I usually work from there when deciding on my sweeteners.

3) Could I sub something for grapeseed oil, such as vegetable oil?? Or sunflower oil? I'm not sure.

Thanks :)
Tracy

Tracy - Looks like all your questions have been answered. I agree with greybb, just use a dry measure 1 cup measuring cup. For the agave, use whatever combination of sweeteners you like to be equivalent 1/2 cup, taste and add more if needed.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 PM.