Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites-No flour, No sugar (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/804098-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-bites-no-flour-no-sugar.html)

TXkim 05-13-2013 10:24 PM

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites-No flour, No sugar
 
1 Attachment(s)
I found this recipe on pinterest and wanted to share because they are SO good, easy, low carb and use very few ingredients. From the website keyingredientdotcom

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Ingredients
1¼ cups canned chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
¼ cup sf honey
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn't have salt in it
½ cup sf chocolate chips
Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they’re combined.

2. Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.

3. Form into 1 1/2” balls. Place onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don’t do much rising. Bake for about 10 minutes.

NOTES:
Don’t try with regular peanut butter! They’ll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter. :)

Charski 05-13-2013 10:27 PM

Holy moley, those look so good! I'll give them a try. We LOVE the black bean cake - how could chickpea cookies be BAD?! :)

TXkim 05-13-2013 10:55 PM

I forgot to mention that I also added a few drops of liquid splenda since they didn't seem very sweet. I think these are amazing, you can't taste the chickpeas at all.

Tweaker Geek 05-14-2013 01:37 PM

Yum!:yummy:

rosethorns 05-14-2013 06:23 PM

Amazing! Amazing! They look wonderful.

BeckyM 05-15-2013 01:44 PM

I am curious about the natural peanut butter - do you stir the oil back in for this recipe? These sound delicious.

Fudge43 05-15-2013 03:12 PM

Yes .

PaminKY 05-16-2013 07:22 AM

I'm wondering how this recipe would work using lupin flour and some type of liquid to replace the chickpeas. I know you can make hummus from garbanzo bean flour and I think there is a recipe on the package for it so I may just try this this weekend.

Lupin flour reminds me a lot of garbanzo bean flour.


Thanks for the recipe.

Deb34 05-16-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaminKY (Post 16426874)
I'm wondering how this recipe would work using lupin flour and some type of liquid to replace the chickpeas. I know you can make hummus from garbanzo bean flour and I think there is a recipe on the package for it so I may just try this this weekend.

Lupin flour reminds me a lot of garbanzo bean flour.


Thanks for the recipe.

I was wondering the same thing...watching to see if it works for you. Lupin is much lower carb than chickpea flour too I think.

zipp2play 06-18-2013 05:14 AM

If only I had a food processor. I love Chick peas and I need to be GF!

lazy girl 06-18-2013 06:01 AM

Do you think that reconstituted PB2 could be used in place of peanut butter?

buttoni 06-18-2013 06:48 AM

Pam, I think your idea would work, only the amount to use might be tricky. I'd mix up everything in your bowl and add in the lupin flour 1/4 c. at a time, stirring after each 1/4 c. addition until you get the right "stiff" cookie dough batter consistency. It will make the yellow, but I think they'd taste just fine with lupin flour.

Sorry LG, I know next to nothing about PB2. Only used it 1 time. Seems like it would sub OK.

Soobee 06-18-2013 07:15 AM

Lazy girl, you might need more fat in the recipe if you use PB2.

lazy girl 06-18-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16475481)
Lazy girl, you might need more fat in the recipe if you use PB2.

That definitely makes sense. I lost my mind and ordered 2 jars of the stuff and now have no idea what to do with it. I've got to try these cookie bites!

Pami 06-18-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXkim (Post 16423382)
NOTES:
Don’t try with regular peanut butter! They’ll come out oily. You MUST use natural peanut butter. :)

This doesn't make sense to me. The natural pb that we get is much oilier than
the "regular" stuff. I'm probably going to use regular and throw in a teaspoon
or so of something aborbent- glucomannan maybe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazy girl (Post 16475330)
Do you think that reconstituted PB2 could be used in place of peanut butter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16475481)
Lazy girl, you might need more fat in the recipe if you use PB2.

What about half regular peanut butter and half PB2? Just in case that admonishment
about not using regular pb has any merit to it...
I know the PB2 people never meant for us to reconstitute it with regular pb :hyst:

TXkim 06-18-2013 12:56 PM

I'm with you on the natural pb. I think regular could probably be used without a problem, but I did use the Walmart "Natural" brand. That *Note in the recipe was not from me, but from the website I got it from.

ouizoid 06-18-2013 02:47 PM

omg. I used this recipe and adapted it to make cookies for one (minus the choc. chips)

2 Tbs lupin flour (38)
2 TBS PB2 or peanut flour (55)
2 Tbs natural PB (I used one of those Justins PB packs) 200
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash salt
2 Tbs (or more) vanilla Davinci's

stir above together til you have a workable thick dough. drop cookie bite sized drops onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 8-10 mins at 350.

sooo good! I'm figuring 300ish calories

ladeeda 06-20-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ouizoid (Post 16476226)
omg. I used this recipe and adapted it to make cookies for one (minus the choc. chips)

2 Tbs lupin flour (38)
2 TBS PB2 or peanut flour (55)
2 Tbs natural PB (I used one of those Justins PB packs) 200
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash salt
2 Tbs (or more) vanilla Davinci's

stir above together til you have a workable thick dough. drop cookie bite sized drops onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 8-10 mins at 350.

sooo good! I'm figuring 300ish calories

I was scratching my head at the numbers in ( ). Can't be carbs...fat?...then I reread. Oh, CALORIES, duh. Been so long since I dealt with calories.:confused:

ouizoid 06-20-2013 10:58 AM

some of us have to count calories--JUDDD, etc

ladeeda 06-20-2013 06:33 PM

Well, what ever you are doing you are doing a great job. Congrats ;-)

jokath 07-02-2013 08:06 AM

bump

watcher513 07-03-2013 03:01 AM

I only buy natural peanut butter and I always mix it up thoroughly then put it in the refrigerator. It pretty much stays mixed up. Once in awhile I have to remix a little about 3/4 of the way through it.

Pami 07-21-2013 04:42 PM

I made this- lower carbed- but haven't tried it yet:

1 3/4 cups canned black soybeans, drained and rinsed
2 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugarfree honey
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch salt
2/3 cup sugarfree chocolate chips

As you see, I modified the recipe. I hate having partial cans (of beans, pumpkin, pretty much anything) left over after I make a recipe

I used my 1-Tablespoon cookie scoop, and got 28 out of the recipe.

Per cookie: 84 Calories; 5g Fat (48.9% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Sugar Alcohols (from honey, chocolate chips); 0mg Cholesterol; 59mg Sodium

Tomorrow is a DD, so I won't be trying them until Tuesday. Five of these would put me over my calorie limit tomorrow.

I found with the bean cakes, when I use black soybeans, if I leave it sit at least over night, and preferably over two nights, the soy taste is absolutely non-discernible. That's why these are going to hang out in the fridge until Tuesday :)

Soobee 07-21-2013 06:13 PM

I look forward to your review.

shelby'snana 07-21-2013 09:01 PM

bumping !

Pami 07-23-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 16525256)
I made this- lower carbed- but haven't tried it yet:

1 3/4 cups canned black soybeans, drained and rinsed
2 3/4 teaspoons vanilla
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup sugarfree honey
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch salt
2/3 cup sugarfree chocolate chips

As you see, I modified the recipe. I hate having partial cans (of beans, pumpkin, pretty much anything) left over after I make a recipe

I used my 1-Tablespoon cookie scoop, and got 28 out of the recipe.

Per cookie: 84 Calories; 5g Fat (48.9% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 6g Sugar Alcohols (from honey, chocolate chips); 0mg Cholesterol; 59mg Sodium

Tomorrow is a DD, so I won't be trying them until Tuesday. Five of these would put me over my calorie limit tomorrow.

I found with the bean cakes, when I use black soybeans, if I leave it sit at least over night, and preferably over two nights, the soy taste is absolutely non-discernible. That's why these are going to hang out in the fridge until Tuesday :)

No soybean taste! They are wet, but not sticky- I don't know how else to explain
it. It's almost like they were never in the oven. They really are like cookie dough
bites, only mine don't have that dry outer "crust" like the one in the picture. This
may be because they were still a bit warm when I put them in the container and
refrigerated them. Mine are also darker- like a chocolate cookie. They really don't
spread or rise during baking- it's essentially the same shape coming out of the
oven, as it was going in. They have a good flavor and a good texture- I just wish
I hadn't refrigerated them, but now I know (for next time)!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:22 AM.