Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MSS726
WOE: Low Carb
Suggestions....

I have been traveling back and forth quite a ways to spend time with my Mom who is critically ill in the hospital. Eating low carb has not been pleasant, as the hospital food is HORRIBLE to say the least, and I get tired of crappy restaurant food and too tired to even go to one to eat. Any suggestions on packing a days worth of food for travel?
MSS726 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
If you can take a little lunch cooler, it might be easier to take snackable things like nuts, cheeses, pepperoni, sliced cucumbers and peppers, things like that.
I'm so sorry about your mother and
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nelle Belle
Pop top tuna, hb eggs with mayo in those little packets, protein shakes. If you have an insulated bag, salad with all the fixings. I usually pack lettuce separate and everything else in a container. Mix when ready to eat.
Nelle Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Sorry to hear about your mom hope she is better soon.

I was in a hospital for a year so ask them if you can store your fixings in their fridge. I'm sure they will let you.
You can get cream cheese in a packet. Ham rollups with cheese. Make cheese crackers and guacolmole ( not spelled right) in a container. Tuna or ham and cheese muffins.

They have a microwave on the floor.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RVlady
I've spent a ton of time in hospitals. My DH has many medical issues. I throw those little summertime containers that keep things cold in a bag and take chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad, rotisserie chicken, cooked chicken thighs, drumsticks, tuna muffins, cheese and almond crackers, small cubes of ham. When I am really tired then I'll take a sandwich on low carb bread. I used to take my Nook to read while he was sleeping. You can check out books for your e-reader from your local library.
When DH has to be in the hospital but is well enough to play, I always have deck of cards in my purse. We play reg card games but also cribbage without a board, just keep score on paper.
I am sorry about your mother and hope she gets better. Try to get enough sleep and take care of yourself. Running back and forth to the hospital worrying all the time about your loved one can also take a toll on you.

Connie
RVlady is offline   Reply With Quote