Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Alabama White BBQ Sauce (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/803134-alabama-white-bbq-sauce.html)

KCSoccer 04-30-2013 12:26 PM

Alabama White BBQ Sauce

We went to visit my daughter in Nashville last weekend and went to my favorite BBQ restaurant in the Nashville area, Martin's BBQ Joint in Nolensville. I ate the smoked chicken legs and pulled pork with a White BBQ sauce (mayonnaise-based, no tomatoes or sugar). Yummy!

I wanted to make this sauce at home and found this recipe here - it makes a bunch. I added more black pepper and cayenne than the recipe called for because I like my sauce spicy. I served the sauce with some grilled jerk chicken wings, but it would be good with chicken or pork (fish, too, I think).

Alabama White BBQ Sauce

2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne

Mix ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before using. Brush lightly over chicken, turkey or pork during the last few minutes of grilling. This barbecue sauce is also great as a dipping sauce so set some aside before you start grilling to serve on the table.

pocahontas 04-30-2013 02:09 PM

WOW! That sounds amazing! :clap:

Its me - WENDALINA 05-02-2013 10:01 AM

sounds awesome! cant wait to try!

marieze 05-03-2013 07:29 PM

Too funny....

Put a little sweetener in it and that's EXACTLY the dressing I use for my broccoli salad:rofl:

lterry913 05-09-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marieze (Post 16408171)
Put a little sweetener in it and that's EXACTLY the dressing I use for my broccoli salad:rofl:

Or my cole slaw...haha...I guess I had a good bbq sauce all along.

Deb34 05-09-2013 10:01 AM

a tsp of garlic powder and remove the vinegar and it's the dipping sauce I used to dip pizza in.

Brendajm 05-12-2013 04:46 PM

This looks awesome

Pami 05-12-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSoccer (Post 16401720)
This barbecue sauce is also great as a dipping sauce so set some aside before you start grilling to serve on the table.

OMG, grilled chicken breast dipped in this- with a side of hamburger dill chips! :yummy:

Its me - WENDALINA 05-20-2013 04:31 AM

how long will this keep in the fridge?

KCSoccer 05-20-2013 05:07 AM

I've kept a batch in the fridge for up to a month (made with commercial mayo.) If you're using homemade mayo, I'd say no longer than a week.

Its me - WENDALINA 05-20-2013 06:56 AM

thanks KC!

AuburnNurse 05-20-2013 11:28 AM

I did something similar yesterday for a broccoli/ cauliflower cold salad and I added red pepper chili flakes and a couple TBSP of dijon mustard! It's awesome and tastes better today!

JMacB 05-21-2013 05:59 PM

This is my favorite sauce. I use it for everything smoked in the summer - chicken and pulled pork - and never even think about red sauces. I think it's better if it sits at least a day, so I'm making it Friday for this weekend. It will last a good while - a week or so, IF you have any left.

I'm so happy because my mom and dad have started Atkins so going to the lake will be much easier for me! This weekend we are having smoked chicken instead of pork. Yum yum yum!