Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: littlesky
need new ideas for single serving low carb meals and desserts.

I live with my son and he does most of the cooking. It's all carbs and junk. I have gained so much weight back. He just tells me when he goes shopping next he'll get me some lettuce and tomato for salad. He just being a pain in the but but he does get me the things I need. I just need to make it all in smaller portions.
littlesky is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
If you know what you like and need but want to make smaller portions you could buy smaller amounts or buy a big package, split it up into smaller portions and freeze it. Then you just take out whatever you need at the time.

You can also make regular sized portions then split it up into smaller portions and freeze in freezer containers. You can do this with a lot of meals, chili, spinach lasagna, meatballs, beef stew, soups. LindaSue has a lot of freezer friendly meals on her blog, just google her name.

For desserts, you could make the cream cheese muffins, they're very popular here, cake in a mug, muffins in a minute(MIM), single serving cobblers, cookies and pies.

Use the search feature and you can find just about anything you're looking for. If you're looking for a specific recipe you can always start a thread and ask.
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
Littlesky what is it you want ? We can pull up threads if you give us an idea.

This one is really good.
3 ingredient recipes
And you can take any recipe and cut it into 4's. A 1/4 of the recipe. I do this alot.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chocolate Rose
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: February 2012
Here are a couple I like:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Easy Microwave 3-Minute Meatloaf from Your Lighter Side

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beef Ground Turkey
Low Carb

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Meatloaf
1/2 cup raw hamburger
1 egg
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
Sauce
2 Tbsp low-carb ketchup
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Combine meatloaf ingredients only. Pour into a microwave safe bowl or ramekin (for less mess, place a plate under the ramekin to catch drippings). Microwave on high power for 2 minutes. Place ketchup and Worcestershire on top and smear around to combine. Cook for one more minute on high. Allow to rest in the microwave for another minute to allow cooking to finish.
Makes 1 mini meatloaf. These can be made ahead and frozen. If you do freeze them, save the topping for the reheat before serving.
Makes 1.
Nutritional Information per meatloaf: Calories: 202, Carbohydrates: 3.0 g, Fiber: 0 g,Net Carbohydrates: 3.0 g, Protein: 19.7 g, Fat: 12.1 g

Tip: Oh, sure, you can bake these in an oven, too, or you can use spend just a few minutes and enjoy a healthy, home cooked meal in a pinch. Why not give this a whirl?
I save the spread for the top of the dish at the end of the process since sauces tend to get lost in the loaf, but not on the loaf.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Healthy Instant Chocolate Cake from Healthy Indulgences

Recipe By :
Categories : Cakes & Frostings Low Carb

1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter**
4 teaspoons half and half cream OR lite coconut milk
1/16 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 beaten egg
5 Tablespoons almond flour -- gently packed
2 teaspoons coconut flour
2 Tablespoons erythritol OR 2 Tablespoons Truvia OR 3 packets good-tasting stevia OR scant 1/16 teaspoon pure stevia extract (if using erythritol)
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (recommended: Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder)
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon vinegar

Makes 1 large serving
**For a dairy-free/paleo version of this cake, use coconut oil or nonhydrogenated organic shortening and lite coconut milk. You can use a tablespoon of honey and the listed amount of stevia to sweeten it.

Add butter, half and half or coconut milk, and sea salt to mug. Melt for 30 seconds on HIGH in microwave, or until butter is liquified. Add vanilla and drizzle egg into mug while whisking it with a fork. Add the dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly with fork until batter is smooth and evenly mixed. Whisk in vinegar. Slap the bottom of the mug with the palm of your hand 10-20x to pop air bubbles. Place in the center of the batter a square or two of 70% cocoa chocolate or sugar-free milk chocolate for a gooey, melty center. Microwave mug on HIGH for 1 minute, 15 seconds, or until batter has cooked through. Let cool 1 minute. Top with s squirt of whipped cream or a dab of low carb cream cheese frosting if desired. Eat!

7.4g net carbs, 368 calories (without the square of Lindt 70% chocolate)

Description:
"This healthy yet decadent spin on the beloved One Minute Muffin is sure to hit the spot when you're crunched for time and craving the sweet stuff"

NOTES : This makes a VERY large serving, but it's the best cake I've had since going low-carb! I use whipping cream instead of half and half or coconut milk. I made a double batch in 2 mugs so that I could use a whole egg. This really is awesome!
The second time I made this I used 1 1/2 Tbs Truvia rather than 2 Tbs. I left out the salt as the butter I used was salted and ithe cake seemed to be too salty with the added salt. I made it in my microwave egg muffin pan that I bought at Walmart. It worked beautifully. The pan was the perfect size and the cake came right out of the pan when inverted over a plate. I frosted it with Cocoa Ganache.

I have never made a full recipe of this next one. I usually do 4 or 5 eggs at a time.

Inside Out Scotch Eggs from I Breathe I'm Hungry

Recipe By :
Categories : Breakfast & Brunch Breakfasts & Brunches
Low Carb Quick & Easy
Snacks

12 eggs
12 oz roll of ground sausage (breakfast or italian)
salt and pepper to taste
avocado to garnish (optional)

Yield: 12 inside out scotch eggs

Serving Size: 1
Divide your sausage into 12 one-ounce portions. Press each portion into a muffin tin, about 3/4 of the way up the sides to a thickness of about 1/2 inch. Break one egg into each cup (separate out some of the white if you prefer mostly yolk like I do). Place your muffin tin on top of a cookie sheet to catch any grease from the cooking sausage. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 18 – 20 minutes for a runny yolk, 22 minutes for a hard yolk. Remove from muffin tins and sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving. Garnish with avocado slices and/or hot sauce.
Notes

Approx. nutrition info per serving: 168 calories, 13g fat, .25g net carbs, 12g protein

These are super simple to make, and keep well in the refrigerator – they even taste good cold. I served mine with a slice of avocado, and a sprinkle of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. As a side point, if you’re all about the yolk like I am, you can partially separate your eggs and discard some of the whites, so that you have a higher ratio of yolk to white. It takes a couple of extra minutes, but for me it was worth the extra time. Make sure you use sugar free & gluten free breakfast or italian sausage, and this dish is also Whole 30 compliant. Enjoy!

Lately when I make things that call for a muffin tin, I use my trusty muffin TOP tin. This gives me a wider, flatter surface and I find it works better. I can’t wait to try it with this..sounds delicious.

These reheat great in the microwave for 30 seconds. Not sure about freezing them – it might make the eggs funny. I guess try it with one and see – hope you’ll report back on the experiment if you try it! Enjoy!

Description:
"This recipe is embarrassingly easy, but super delicious!"

Almond/Flax/Parmesan Herb Pizza Crust from Gourmet Girl Cooks

Recipe By :
Categories : Low Carb Pizzas
Quick & Easy

Dry Ingredients:
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup golden flax seed meal (organic golden flax has a milder taste than brown)
2/3 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 Dash cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt -- or to taste (decrease salt if using saltier cheeses and toppings)
Few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese -- finely grated (4 to 5)
Wet Ingredients:
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute such as Egg Beaters)
1 tablespoon olive oil (a little more -- if desired)
2 tablespoons water

Makes 1 10-inch round pizza
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together; add wet ingredients and mix well.

Let the dough sit for about 5 minutes to thicken. Spread dough on a lightly oiled large round pizza pan or on a cookie sheet with greased parchment paper (I used Reynolds non-stick foil, lightly brushed with olive oil and pressed the dough out with a rubber spatula so it wouldn't stick). Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through (check it after 15 minutes and take out if it looks and feels done). Add sauce, cheese, pre-cooked toppings and place back into the oven for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese. If desired, run under the broiler for a few minutes to lightly brown the toppings and make the cheese bubbly (be careful not to burn it).

Just about any recipe can be cut in half or thirds or fourths. Just pick something you want to make and alter the amounts of the ingredients.

Last edited by Chocolate Rose; 04-25-2013 at 07:06 PM..
Chocolate Rose is offline   Reply With Quote