Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whoknew
WOE: SyndromeX
Start Date: June 2007
Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cheesecake

I converted an old cheesecake recipe to low carb and got this fudge brownie cheesecake that isn't the least bit like cheesecake, fudge, or a brownie, but have a similarity to all those in one way or another...hard to explain, but it is good.

Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes in one large pan. I never make the one large pan, I make smaller sized (like whoopie pie, mini muffins, etc. for portion control) and bake for 20 minutes. I check with a toothpick for doneness at 15 minutes and go from there. My oven is sometimes not so tuned in to the needs of the recipe.

In a bowl, cream together:

16 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream (can sub 1/2 cup sour cream)
1 cup erythritol granular -- see note
3/8 tsp NuStevia powder extract (note: total AS = to 1 1/2 cups sugar)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs

In a separate bowl, whisk together:

3/4 cup dutch cocoa powder
1 cup erythritol granular -- see note
1/8 teaspoon NuStevia powder extract (Note: total AS = 1 cup sugar)

Add cocoa mix to wet mix and mix well. This makes an extremely thick batter.
(i glop it into the baking wells and smooth/spread with a wet spatula)

Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes for one large cake.
Start with 20 minutes for smaller cakes and check for doneness at 15 minutes.

With what I use, the net carbs are 32 for entire recipe.

I have used the sour cream but I don't like the sour taste with the chocolate.

I will post pics when I make this again.

Dianne

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
I hope you do post a pic of this, I'm trying to picture it. I can see a similarity to fudge or cheesecake but I'm having a hard time with the brownie aspect.
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek View Post
I hope you do post a pic of this, I'm trying to picture it. I can see a similarity to fudge or cheesecake but I'm having a hard time with the brownie aspect.
When it bakes, it has the side crust and top thin crust like a brownie, but the middle is kind of creamy, but not cheesecake creamy. It cuts nicely, but breaks off like a fudge candy....really hard to explain. It was a fluke that just satisfied the "need" for fudge and brownies -- and maybe cheesecake. I'll be making it tomorrow. dianne
whoknew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Dianne - I'll be checking back.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

In this pic, I make my own liners. It's helpful here because this "cake" is fragile first out of the oven. I lift the liners from the pan and put them on a cooling rack.

This is how thick this batter is!

ready for the oven

Out of the oven -- these are tender and will fall apart straight from the oven. They need to cool about 10 minutes. I take them out of the liners about 20 minutes later.

Like a brownie!

I hope these are helpful! When they are cold, they can be handled like fudge and be broken like fudge, but are still "creamy" inside........Dianne
Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
I love brownies and cheesecake so I HAVE to make this. What size pan are you referring to when you say one large pan?
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs S View Post
I love brownies and cheesecake so I HAVE to make this. What size pan are you referring to when you say one large pan?
Oh, gosh, I tossed the old recipe away!!! I think it was a regular round cake pan....is that 8"???? I have gotten so used to doing smaller sizes for portion control and hiding them from DH!

When you make these, be aware of cooking time. I have a fairly new stove, but the oven is wonky. Today, it took 30 minutes to cook these whoopie pie size, and only a week ago, it took 20 minutes.

Good luck! Dianne
Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the pics, Dianne. I won't get to these for awhile but will try later.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #9
JLx
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JLx
I made these and they are excellent! Really hit the "brownie" spot. I made a half recipe, doubled the vanilla, used a full half cup of cocoa because I like chocolately stuff really chocolately and added a fourth tsp of salt because I've found salt brings out the sweetness of Swerve, my preferred sweetener. I used a half cup of powdered Swerve plus 1-2 TB sugar-equivalency of a combo of vanilla stevia and lo han drops.

You sold me with the tinfoil picture. I have to bake in my toaster oven and have a 4-well flat pan that is supposed to be for cakes on a stick. The only other time I used it, stuff really stuck despite greasing. So the tin foil was perfect. I beat it all up in one bowl, glopped it in the wells, baked for 20 minutes (checked at 15 and they seemed a bit too soft). I let them cool in the pan and wasn't going to eat any until tomorrow, but one broke in half while I was wrapping it up so I had to taste! The flavor was weirdly and remarkably brownie like rather than cheesecake-like. I had some left over that I was going to use for frosting, but I think I will probably bake that too.

Thanks for the easy tasty recipe. I can see myself making this again.
JLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lavender Blend
Stats: 380/343/160
Parchment paper would probably work even better than foil as liners
Lavender Blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Glad you like it. It really was supposed to be a cheesecake....the original recipe called for 4 squares of chocolate. My old cookbook states 1 square is equal to 3 tablespoons cocoa and 1 tablespoon butter. I don't know if using the squares melted would give the finished product a different texture or not.

When you said "frosting", I had an idea! I love Ginaaaa's yellow cake made from Ouiz's Fantastic flour mix. I think I'm going to do a thin layer of the chocolate and put the yellow cake batter on top to see if I can get a sort of baked frosted upside down cake.

Thanks for the parchment tip. I'll have to try that. I've only used parchment for flat things like pizza and cookies. I use the foil because it conforms to the shape of the well and stays put. I have found a lot of low carb baked goods stick horrendously. I've thrown away a baking pan because of that. Dianne