Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Did a search and came up with nothing! Anyone have a great SF granola recipe? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/802629-did-search-came-up-nothing-anyone-have-great-sf-granola-recipe.html)

Girlieschmoo 04-22-2013 01:50 PM

Did a search and came up with nothing! Anyone have a great SF granola recipe?

The recipe room had two recipes with granola in them but not one for granola. I prefer to use erythritol or possibly SF honey if anyone has a good recipe.

Thank you :)

Ginaaaaaa 04-22-2013 03:24 PM

I've been making this, only I leave the dough in crumbles and bake it. That way it's more like granola. I've left out the flax and just used almond flour with good results. You can add unsweetened dried fruits, different nuts, coconut, sf chocolate chips, different flavorings, whatever you want.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ch-cereal.html

Soobee 04-22-2013 05:03 PM

I have more than a dozen recipes. Tell me what you would like to see in your ingredients list and I will post a few.

canadiangirl 04-22-2013 08:31 PM

I found a nice one on pinterest under low carb granola. It consists of nuts, peanut buter, butter, stevia, ground flax and I sprinkle cinnamon before baking. Its is my favorite cereal, even my kids and hubby love it.
"Peanut butter flax granola"

helper 04-23-2013 11:30 AM

You might try--

Using the "search this forum" for---tvp granola. I use the one from poster Wendi. You can also add it to plain yogurt for some crunch.
HTH, helper

Girlieschmoo 04-23-2013 12:14 PM

Thanks y'all so much! I didn't know this thread had gotten moved and I have been looking for it since I posted :confused:

Anyhow, going to try all of them. And soobee, I would like a basic recipe to springboard from: oats, almonds, pecans, possibly SF honey but prefer erythritol. Would be ok with flax and chia as well.

CarolynF 04-23-2013 01:18 PM

Read this thread..

Best ever granola..

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...al-lovers.html

Vanessa120 04-23-2013 04:48 PM

Here's one I posted some time ago...Cranberry Granola.

Nelle Belle 04-23-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girlieschmoo (Post 16389495)
Thanks y'all so much! I didn't know this thread had gotten moved and I have been looking for it since I posted :confused:

Anyhow, going to try all of them. And soobee, I would like a basic recipe to springboard from: oats, almonds, pecans, possibly SF honey but prefer erythritol. Would be ok with flax and chia as well.

PSA...to find a thread that you posted in, that others posted after you, look at top left User Control Panel. Click there and you will find all currents threads

Girlieschmoo 04-23-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 16389584)
Read this thread..

Best ever granola..

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...al-lovers.html

I love the suggestions for using the davinci syrups to make granola...I use Monin but I am not very creative in how to use them. This is perfect! I am going to try caramel and cookie dough flavors first! :jumpjoy:

Girlieschmoo 04-23-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelle Belle (Post 16390024)
PSA...to find a thread that you posted in, that others posted after you, look at top left User Control Panel. Click there and you will find all currents threads

Thank you :)

Girlieschmoo 04-23-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa120 (Post 16389864)
Here's one I posted some time ago...Cranberry Granola.

Looks delicious:p. Think I will try the Monin syrup instead of the applesauce...do you think that would work?

Girlieschmoo 04-23-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiangirl (Post 16388333)
I found a nice one on pinterest under low carb granola. It consists of nuts, peanut buter, butter, stevia, ground flax and I sprinkle cinnamon before baking. Its is my favorite cereal, even my kids and hubby love it.
"Peanut butter flax granola"

Oh, we LOVE peanut butter and almond butter here...yum! Would never have thought to use them in granola. Thanks!

Nelle Belle 04-24-2013 07:06 AM

Another PSA. When you open user ctrl panel cick on th little check mark and it will bring you to where you left off. Also whenyou open categories linke Main Lobby etc look to the right of the thread any thread with a little blue ck is onethat you have posted in

Girlieschmoo 04-24-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelle Belle (Post 16390730)
Another PSA. When you open user ctrl panel cick on th little check mark and it will bring you to where you left off. Also whenyou open categories linke Main Lobby etc look to the right of the thread any thread with a little blue ck is onethat you have posted in

Thank you!

Soobee 04-24-2013 08:46 AM

I don't use oats, so none of the recipes I saved have them as an ingredient. I also have some chocolate granolas if you would like. Here are some of the ones I have.
Granola Laura
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup sugar-free maple-flavored syrup
Heat oven to 300 F. Cover baking sheet with sides with a silicon mat or greased parchment paper. Roughly chop the nuts. You can do this in a food processor, but if you do, start with the harder nuts -- the almonds in this recipe or filberts (hazelnuts) if you use them. Once they are chopped up a bit you can add the softer nuts (walnuts, pecans). Otherwise the softer ones will become meal before the hard ones are chopped. Melt the butter or coconut oil. Mix the syrup and coconut oil or butter together. Combine the nuts, coconut, seeds, and salt. Turn out onto the baking sheet. Press into an even layer. Taste for sweetness. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Twice during the baking, stir the mixture with a large spoon and press back down. Bake until fragrant and lightly browned on the surface. Let cool completely in pan. It will crisp as it cools.
Flax Seed Granola Piekinns1 lb. ground flax seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup thin sliced almonds
1 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup splenda
1 Tbs. vanilla
6 egg whites
1/2 cup water
Mix dry stuff and wet stuff in separate bowls, then mix together. Spread it in a jelly roll pan and bake until completely dry at 250* for about 3 hrs. Every hour while baking, take a fork and break up any large bits. Cool completely before it is stored.
Granola Maria
2 cups psyllium husks
2 cups chopped pecans
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup Jay Robb vanilla whey or egg white protein
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup coconut oil or pasture fed butter
1/3 cup Nature's Hollow Xylitol Honey
1/2 cup erythritol
1 tsp. stevia glycerite
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
Optional Additions:
1 cup Whey Crisps
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the psyllium husks, nuts, seeds, vanilla whey protein powder, erythritol, stevia, sesame seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Melt the coconut oil, and stir it together with the syrup or honey. Pour over the dry mixture. Spray a big roasting pan with coconut oil spray, and turn the granola into it. Place in the oven, and let it bake for 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool, and store in an air tight container.
Coconutty Crunch Linda
2 ounces walnuts
4 ounces pecans
2 ounces almonds (I like sliced)
2 ounces unsweetened coconut (about 1/2 cup)
2-4 tablespoons flax meal
1-2 ounces unsalted sunflower kernels (1 ounce is a scant 1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch salt, optional
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Coarsely chop the nuts and put them in a medium bowl. Stir in the coconut, flax meal and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, mix the butter, sweetener, vanilla and salt. Pour over the nuts and toss to mix well. Spread on a large jelly roll pan and bake at 300 about 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until lightly toasted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn. Mix in the cinnamon; cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Coarsely chop the nuts and put them in a medium bowl. Stir in the coconut, flax meal and sunflower kernels. In a small bowl, mix the butter, sweetener, vanilla and salt. Pour over the nuts and toss to mix well. Spread on a large jelly roll pan and bake at 300 about 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until lightly toasted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn. Mix in the cinnamon; cool.

Girlieschmoo 05-03-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soobee (Post 16390979)
I don't use oats, so none of the recipes I saved have them as an ingredient. I also have some chocolate granolas if you would like. Here are some of the ones I have.

Oh my goodness, I love these! I have every ingredient for every recipe except sunflower seeds. I particularly like adding psyllium husks, whey protein or whey crisps..I have a ton of each and am always looking for ways to use them.

Thank you!