Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Suggestions on what to do with rotisserie chicken meat (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/802565-suggestions-what-do-rotisserie-chicken-meat.html)

greybb1 04-21-2013 11:07 AM

Suggestions on what to do with rotisserie chicken meat

I bought a nice sized rotisserie chicken from Costco today ($4.99). I pulled off one side of the breast and had it over a salad. Now I'm looking for ideas on what to do with the other meat on the bird. I'll probably eat the other breast as is, but I need something to do with the rest.

Any suggestions or recipes?

Thanks!

Charski 04-21-2013 11:54 AM

Make chicken salad, chicken soup, cube it up for butter chicken....

I bought one last week - we actually got 5 meals off it - DH ate the breast and wing one night, I ate the leg and thigh, next day I ate the leg and thigh for lunch, gave Mom the other breast, which because they are so big makes TWO meals for her!

Then I pressure cooked the carcass with some onion, bay leaves, seasonings, and got 6 pints of great stock, which I then pressure canned. All off one $4.99 chicken! :D

Chocolate Rose 04-21-2013 12:41 PM

I'm LCHF so what I do may not apply to you. I buy the Costco roast chickens a couple of times a month. I eat the legs and thighs as is. I cut off the breast meat and give some to dh (who isn't doing lc) and then throw the rest in my food processor to chop up. I add mayo and shredded cheese to it to make chicken salad. Sometimes I'll throw in a few nuts.
Then, I take the carcass and make bone broth. I have the bone broth with cream every weekday morning for breakfast. The chicken salad I take with me to work for lunch and sometimes also have for a quick and easy already prepared dinner.
Also, this past week, I made the pizza crust from the gourmet girl cooks blog and topped it with a homemade alfredo sauce, diced chicken, and mozzarella. YUUUUUUMMMMMMM!

Soobee 04-21-2013 01:03 PM

Linda Sue has several delicious casseroles made with cooked chicken.

ravenrose 04-21-2013 01:06 PM

I would nibble it cold.

metqa 04-21-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose (Post 16385955)
I'm LCHF so what I do may not apply to you. I buy the Costco roast chickens a couple of times a month. I eat the legs and thighs as is. I cut off the breast meat and give some to dh (who isn't doing lc) and then throw the rest in my food processor to chop up. I add mayo and shredded cheese to it to make chicken salad. Sometimes I'll throw in a few nuts.
Then, I take the carcass and make bone broth.
I have the bone broth with cream every weekday morning for breakfast. The chicken salad I take with me to work for lunch and sometimes also have for a quick and easy already prepared dinner.
Also, this past week, I made the pizza crust from the gourmet girl cooks blog and topped it with a homemade alfredo sauce, diced chicken, and mozzarella. YUUUUUUMMMMMMM!

:goodpost:
This,this and totally This. This is almost exactly how I do it, almost to the letter, except for giving the BF the breast part!:laugh: Sour cream added to the chicken salad gives a nice lightflavor boost as well with the mayo and cheese. Mmm, I'm getting hungry!

greybb1 04-21-2013 05:39 PM

Everything sounds so good! Thanks everyone. I think I'll make a little chicken salad, chicken curry, I might try that butter chicken everyone raves about and make some chicken soup with the broth from pressure cooking the carcass.

Charski 04-21-2013 06:38 PM

Oh yeah, and chicken enchiladas! :yummy:

You're welcome. :D

tulipsandroses 04-24-2013 11:03 AM

Buffalo Chicken Dip!

8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup hot sauce (recommended: Frank's)
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 cup crumbled blue cheese

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

In a medium saucepan over moderate heat, melt the cream cheese until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the celery, hot sauce and chicken and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie plate and sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese on top. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.

Deb34 04-25-2013 12:51 PM

cheese curds and lc gravy= poutine without the fries! Yum!

tinamanni 04-25-2013 01:03 PM

chunk it with avocado, tomatoes, bleu cheese