Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Shirataki noodles and style of eating (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/802556-shirataki-noodles-style-eating.html)

Gladiator 04-21-2013 10:19 AM

Shirataki noodles and style of eating

Hi everybody

I would like to share my story regarding shirataki noodles. I bought them and looked forward to them. But I did not eat them. My style of food are eggs, cheese, meat, veg, flax meal, nuts, berries. I enjoy a tasty food.
I recognize that I have to push myself to make a plan for them because I have a style of food which is no sandwiches, no meat with dumplings, potatoes, etc, no pasta with something, no pizza with something, no noodles with something.

Have a nice Sunday

Ivana

Gibbs 04-21-2013 11:32 AM

They smell at first but I love them! :)

Gladiator 04-21-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbs (Post 16385811)
They smell at first but I love them! :)

smell is not a problem:laugh:

I had a taleggio cheese at dinner.

Ann Lytle 04-22-2013 05:49 AM

I purchased a bag from Netrition quite a long time ago. I didn't think they smelled all that bad, but rinsed them with water anyway. I think I liked them and thought I would buy again sometime, but for the life of me can't remember how I used them. Memory glitch, or just old age........................... I know, not much help............ Ann

shirlc 04-22-2013 06:31 AM

I buy shirataki rice (don't care for the noodles) one bag at a time because I always think I might stop liking them. So I'd have to say I'm not wild about them, but they sure help with my JUDDD WOE DDs!!!

Leo41 04-22-2013 07:18 AM

I must say that having to limit calories as I do, I would never eat anything that I didn't like! Why waste my limited calories like that?

My JUDDD DDs went fine with my egg white omelets and tuna. Protein is satiating for me.

pocahontas 04-22-2013 10:31 AM

Every time I buy a bag, they sit in the refrigerator for months. :laugh: I really only like them in stir fry's and I rarely make stir fry's. I still like to have them on hand though and luckily they last a long time. They are excellent in stiry fry's and really soak up all the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, etc. I am looking forward to making some Vietnamese Pho with them though! Ive heard they are great in that.

metqa 04-22-2013 12:22 PM

I leave mine on the shelf in the pantry mostly cause I save them for a time when I don't feel like making my own. Like if BF shows up unexpected and orders chinese food.

I thought about ordering Chinese Food like Beef and Broccoli and serving it over the noodles for a quick meal.

Gladiator 04-27-2013 06:34 AM

I had leftovers - chicken peri-peri, dried breasts (I do not like them)

Here is my recipes
Fry a half of red onion on ghee. Add courgette and rice vinegar, salt. Rinse sirataki well and add together with pieces of chicken. After 10 minutes, add lemon juice and maybe splenda or another sweeteners.
Enjoy with a good music and good company.