Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   The best thing I ever put in my mouth... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/802415-best-thing-i-ever-put-my-mouth.html)

A&F 04-18-2013 07:58 PM

The best thing I ever put in my mouth...

Chicken skin fried in bacon fat.

Fry chicken skin till crispy but not crunchy.
Sprinkle with a bit of salt and other seasonings of choice.
Eat.

I sprinkled mine with a bit of kosher salt and cayenne pepper and ate with a bit of smoked gouda.

They were all gone before the last one came out of the oil.

Ntombi 04-18-2013 08:08 PM

That does sound good!

raindroproses 04-18-2013 09:05 PM

Oh man, that sounds good! :yummy: I might have to try that because I'm one of those people who knows I should eat the skin on my chicken whenever I have it for the extra fat content since chicken is so lean... but I just can't stomach it when it's all slimy and chewy and gross :laugh: Fried up sounds delicious! I wonder how you'd count it though :confused:

A&F 04-19-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raindroproses (Post 16381930)
Oh man, that sounds good! :yummy: I might have to try that because I'm one of those people who knows I should eat the skin on my chicken whenever I have it for the extra fat content since chicken is so lean... but I just can't stomach it when it's all slimy and chewy and gross :laugh: Fried up sounds delicious! I wonder how you'd count it though :confused:

It was really good. I don't like the skin when it isn't all crispy either, but this was AWESOME! It puffed up like pork rinds and was so good. I didn't worry too much about counting them, but I put them in my tracker as pork rinds since there wasn't an option for chicken skin.

MtherGoos 04-19-2013 02:48 PM

That sounds AMAZING! I love love chicken skin. I wish you could buy just the skin!

Nanner 04-19-2013 03:05 PM

They serve fried chicken skin a lot on Top Chef or other cooking shows I've watched - always looks so good!

Karerose 04-19-2013 03:23 PM

I've never fried it, I just always bake it. I always try to trim the excess from chicken thighs to cook it up nice and crispy.

I think in Dana Carpender's book she mentions asking the butcher for chicken skin. I keep wanting to ask at my grocery store if I could get some chicken skin from them, because they do take the time to skin chicken to sell to those that think the skin is bad for you. But I feel so weird about doing it. Unfortunately I don't get to a regular butcher that I have a relationship with where I wouldn't hesitate to ask.

PassionateFire 04-19-2013 04:40 PM

mmmmmm hubby was laughing at me the other day for pulling the stuck on pieces of skin from the wings off of the bbq grates, this is right up my alley!

nolcjunk 04-20-2013 06:00 AM

This is why I love making whole chickens in my Ronco rotisserie. The skin always comes out super crispy and so good (I only rub them with salt) and I avoid all the filler ingredients in store bought roasted chickens.

The Chicken Lady 04-20-2013 12:29 PM

I usually bake my chicken or pork skin when I have some. Bake it long and slow and render the fat to use in recipes...the crispy skin is the cook's treat.

I wish they would sell chicken skin in the grocery store. You know they must have gobs of it to get rid of with all of those boneless, skinless chicken breasts they sell.

Barbo 04-20-2013 09:56 PM

I pays to bring your butcher some treats from home.
Ask him for recipes and make friends.......

Patience 04-21-2013 08:18 AM

Agree, some of the best deals come that way, too.