Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: evas
Stats: 255/215/155
WOE: Mostly Primal + IF
Juicing Without a Juicer

I would like to make 1 meal a day drinkable for the convenience factor, with a small amount of prep it's fast and it's portable. I will probably put some type of protein powder or flax in there but I don't want that to be the only thing, I really need more fresh veggies (and maybe a little fresh berries for flavor). Trouble is, I don't want to use a juicer for 2 reasons:

1) they are ungodly expensive, and, from what I've read, the cheap ones are pretty much worthless.

2) I want the "bulk" of my veggies/fruits, meaning the skin, pulp, fiber, all that good stuff.

I've read that I can use my regular blender to make shakes like that, but I've also heard that there are some foods that just don't work in a blender. Any tips or suggestions from people who use their blender for these types of shakes?

Any specific experience with kale, spinach, broccoli, or things like that?

Also, would you thin it with just water? yogurt? cream?

Last edited by evas; 04-18-2013 at 05:35 PM..
evas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: rosethorns
Stats: 252/140/150
WOE: atkins I eat non allergic food
Start Date: restarted 1-07
What kind of blender do you have?
Yes you can do this with a good blender. I make these almost everyday with kale, spinach , coconut oil, yogurt D/F etc. It's unlimited what you can create.

Cheapy blenders won't do the job.There are many good ones. I had my sister look at comparison blenders to see what she wanted it to do, on you tube.
rosethorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lilybell2
WOE: Atkins
My favorite blender smoothie has blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, a pineapple wedge and about 2+ cups of kale or spinach and a handful of cilantro, with a cup of water and a generous cup of ice.

This comes out smooth as silk, but I do have a Vitamix blender, which certainly is not inexpensive but is not nearly as costly as high-end juicers and is very easy to clean.

Rosethorns' suggestion about comparing blenders on YouTube is excellent as we each have different needs, and you will want to choose what will work best for you.
Lilybell2 is offline   Reply With Quote