Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   My 9th year Atkins Anniversary (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/802164-my-9th-year-atkins-anniversary.html)

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 04:56 AM

My 9th year Atkins Anniversary

I posted this in the main lobby but spend more time on this board. I am excited and wanted to share. I feel 9 faithful years is a pretty good accomplishment.

Today is a very special day for me. It is my 9th year of doing Atkins. So you could call this my Atkins Anniversary. I made a website recently with my story, plus so far just a few of my favorite recipes. I have to say that I am healthier today than I was 9 years ago. My diet consisted of so many sweets. My husband and I would get a dozen long john donuts and seriously polish off the entire dozen in a day. So many burgers and pizza and yet people seem to say that Atkins is unhealthy. I am so confused why people seem to think avoiding sugar, flour, rice, potatoes etc is unhealthy? I remember one evening thinking goodness I am tired of all this processed junk we eat. Got the Dr. Atkins book and read it. I never looked back.

Here is a link to my story and recipes. I am not selling anything so I believe this is safe to share.
Anitas Low Carb Recipes

at_last 04-15-2013 05:38 AM

Congratulations, Anita! Great job!

Genie80 04-15-2013 05:41 AM

Congratulations! That's Fantastic!

I think people's perception of Atkins is just meat and eggs, I've had so many people tell me it's unhealthy and then luck at me slightly shocked when you say you get most of your carbs from salad and veg :)

G xx

dawnyama 04-15-2013 05:41 AM

Congratulations!!!! That is great!!!!

drjlocarb 04-15-2013 06:19 AM

Fantastic!! :high5:

buttoni 04-15-2013 06:38 AM

Congratulations, Anita! That is indeed, an accomplishment to be proud of.

I just have to tell you, your user name "Skeeter", was my aunt's nickname for my Dad. Not sure where that came from, because his name was Dwight. :)

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttoni (Post 16373754)
Congratulations, Anita! That is indeed, an accomplishment to be proud of.

I just have to tell you, your user name "Skeeter", was my aunt's nickname for my Dad. Not sure where that came from, because his name was Dwight. :)

I am very short and when I was little I was very thin and very tiny. When I began to walk they didn't even make shoes with hard soles small enough to fit me. So my Grandpa said one day, that girl is no bigger than a Skeeter (mosquito) So I was dubbed Skeeter while growing up by many family members and still called this today by some.

vballer25 04-15-2013 06:47 AM

Wow! Congratulations!!

LindaSue 04-15-2013 07:00 AM

Well done, Anita!!! I'm going to add your site to my Links page, if you don't mind.

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaSue (Post 16373807)
Well done, Anita!!! I'm going to add your site to my Links page, if you don't mind.

That would be lovely. thank you

Charski 04-15-2013 07:51 AM

Anita, you've done such a great job! AND you're so sweet to share your experiences and your cooking experiments/favorite recipes with ALL of us. BIG :hugs: to you girlfriend! :friends: :up:

Happy Atkinsversary to you. Mine is next month! :)

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16373956)
Anita, you've done such a great job! AND you're so sweet to share your experiences and your cooking experiments/favorite recipes with ALL of us. BIG :hugs: to you girlfriend! :friends: :up:

Happy Atkinsversary to you. Mine is next month! :)

How many years?

Charski 04-15-2013 08:25 AM

It will be ten. Hard to believe!

Yaz 04-15-2013 09:26 AM

Wow, that is awesome! Congratulations! :)

rosethorns 04-15-2013 09:56 AM

Congrat Anita !!!! Wonderful.

My sister and I were just now talking about polishing off whole cakes. LOL
She says no more. Me too.

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 10:03 AM

(TMI warning) If you went to the above link you will see that I purged all my food. I could purge so quietly next to you in a restroom that the only way you would notice anything amiss was that my feet would be turned the wrong way.

I remember one Sunday afternoon after church we went to one restaurant and then got a whole coconut cream pie from frishes then went out to eat again after evening services. I just cannot believe how I use to eat. If we went to a buffet, I hit the sweets before I ate any regular foods.

It sometimes seems like a dream that I can eat and not worry about gaining.

Tweaker Geek 04-15-2013 06:33 PM

Happy Anniversary, Anita. I've bookmarked your site. I really like the recipes you've done with pork skins, you're very inventive and always helpful, thank you.:hugs:

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek (Post 16375557)
Happy Anniversary, Anita. I've bookmarked your site. I really like the recipes you've done with pork skins, you're very inventive and always helpful, thank you.:hugs:

Pork Skins? I am thinking you may have me confused with someone else.

Nigel 04-15-2013 06:46 PM

Way to go!! :shake:

Tweaker Geek 04-15-2013 07:13 PM

Anita - you're right, it wasn't you :laugh: It was Widget, she has several recipes using pork rind flour that are very good.

SkeeterN 04-15-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweaker Geek (Post 16375636)
Anita - you're right, it wasn't you :laugh: It was Widget, she has several recipes using pork rind flour that are very good.

:D

LindaSue 04-16-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16374056)
It will be ten. Hard to believe!

It will be 10 years since I reached goal for me too in May.

Barbo 04-16-2013 07:50 PM

Congrats Anita and you too Linda Sue.

I admire both of you. You stood by your WOE.

SkeeterN 04-17-2013 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaSue (Post 16376718)
It will be l/.10 years since I reached goal for me too in May.

It is a wonderful way to live. Congratulation Linda Sue