Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
all things curry

Can some of you recipe mavens help me with my craving for penang curry or vindaloo sauce? I've never found packaged versions of either that I like (and many have more sugar that I can go for), but that would be my preference if there are any suggestions. I like spicy,but my recollection of both is they are rather mild, but very tasty. I like the peanut version of penang, that much I know. I won't get at complicated recipes, but feel free to share anyway as my husband and daughter are good cooks.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Stats: 174 (WW)/145/150 goal 5'5"
WOE: ATKINS, or a slight variation thereof
Start Date: May 2003
Have you ever tried the Patak's vindaloo paste? It comes in a jar. You can use as much or as little as you like - I use about 3 tablespoons for a crockpot full of chicken or pork vindaloo.

I also add a bag of Trader Joe's fire-roasted peppers and onions, and a can of Rotel tomatoes, and usually a beer, then cook on Low all day. We love this stuff.
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I am famililar with the brand but am not sure the stores I go do stock that particular variation. I'll bet I can find on Amazon, or the stores can special order for me. Thanks for the feedback.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greybb1
Stats: 320/238/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2011
I order the Hand brand of curry paste. It's not expensive and they have many different kinds of curry. It's really top quality and is made in Thailand in small batches. For most of them you add coconut milk and a few extra vegetables and you're all set.

Look for it and amazing recipes on importfood.com They have lots of recipes and videos of Thai street vendors cooking authentic Thai food.
greybb1 is offline   Reply With Quote