Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tweaker Geek
Gina - question for you....

Today while shopping I ran across a pancake pan, I know you have one. The sections didn't look any larger than those in muffin top pans so I got to thinking - could you make burgers in it or would there be too much grease and make a mess? I wonder if using 90 to 95% lean ground beef would be possible, I usually buy 85% because I think it has more flavor. Have you ever tried making burgers in the pancake pan?
Tweaker Geek is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ginaaaaaa
WOE: High Carb Low Fat
Start Date: April 2009
I use my pancake maker for all kinds of things and actually just made burgers with 85% hamburg last night with no mess or problem. The wells are pretty much the same depth as a muffin top pan but they are bigger. I cooked salmon patties it in recently and I use it to cook fried and scrambled eggs, you can fit one egg in each of the wells. You can also use the flat sides to cook on as well, like if you wanted to fry some ham or other protein to have with your eggs. We use it to cook eggs, fish, fried radishes pretty much anything that will fit on it lol. I love mine and use it just about every day.
Ginaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Here's what I've made recently in my pancake maker.

Top left: egg, ham, tomato and feta omelette. I use one egg in each well.
Top right: salmon patties
Bottom: Crepes

Click on pic to enlarge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (43.5 KB, 69 views)
Old 04-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Gina. I'm happy that you use it for so many things because if I decide to purchase one I want to use it for more than pancakes.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazy girl
Gina, your photos peaked my curiosity. What kind of pancake pan do you use? There are lots of them on Amazon.

Jane
lazy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

I use a kitchen selectives over easy express. It's a pancake maker, not a pan.

Click on pic to enlarge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (14.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 04-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lazy girl
Thanks, Gina. I have to look for one of these.
lazy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I like the look of your pan with just 2 sections; I've seen some with 4 sections. And the smaller pan would be easier to store.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I like the size because its easy to store, I also like that I can cook things in the two wells and the two flat sides.

I wouldn't consider it a pan, it plugs into an outlet, I just wanted to make sure you knew that.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good! I was hoping to find something electric, the ones I've seen you just use on a burner on the stove top. They look like you pour the batter in, cook till bubbles form then close the lid and flip over to cook the other side.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

That's how this works too, much easier to make pancakes on. Especially low carb ones, sometimes they were so hard to flip in a pan but with this you just close the top and flip it over. We love ours and like I said, you can cook on both sides and use it for much more than pancakes.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosemary~
Stats: 244/113
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaaaaaa View Post
I use my pancake maker for all kinds of things and actually just made burgers with 85% hamburg last night with no mess or problem. The wells are pretty much the same depth as a muffin top pan but they are bigger. I cooked salmon patties it in recently and I use it to cook fried and scrambled eggs, you can fit one egg in each of the wells. You can also use the flat sides to cook on as well, like if you wanted to fry some ham or other protein to have with your eggs. We use it to cook eggs, fish, fried radishes pretty much anything that will fit on it lol. I love mine and use it just about every day.
Hi Ginaaaaaa, I'm pretty new to this website and still learning how to use it. I haven't learned how to contact anyone by email yet so I need to ask my question by posting. Your post is current enough that you still might see it. Your post about your pancake maker looks exactly like what I want. We are able to do a fair amount of cooking at work, I've been low carb for over 2 years and finally reached my goal weight, and the pancake maker that can be use as a small skillet sounds just right for preparing meals. Would you tell me the brand? You mentioned that the plates can be turned over to a flat side. That would be so useful. I'm really anxious to fry some cheese.

Thanks, Rosemary
Rosemary~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

See post #6 for the brand and a pic. The bottom part is concave and the top is flat. You can cook on both sides. When making pancakes you would pour the batter onto the bottom concave part, when the pancakes starts to form bubbles and the sides look dry you close the top and use the handle to flip the pancakes over. It's a little confusing to explain but that's how it works.

You can find the brand I have at target, but they have other brands that are similar at places like amazon.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You can also use the flat sides to cook on as well, like if you wanted to fry some ham or other protein to have with your eggs. We use it to cook eggs, fish, fried radishes pretty much anything that will fit on it lol. I love mine and use it just about every day.
Do you mean that the plates can be removed for hand washing or to turn over to the "flat sides" for frying?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

The plates can't be removed. You can open it up so that both sides are laying flat that way you can use both sides at the same time or you can have just one side laying flat to cook on. If you want to cook on one side and close it to cook both sides at once, like if you we're cooking burgers you can do that too. It has a hinge so it can flip from one side to the other.

Last edited by Ginaaaaaa; 04-26-2013 at 01:20 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
The plates can't be removed. You can open it up so that both sides are laying flat that way you can use both sides at the same time or you can have just one side laying flat to cook on. If you want to cook on one side and close it to cook both sides at once, like if you we're cooking burgers you can do that too. It has a hinge so it can flip from one side to the other.
Thanks, I see where I misunderstood. But, thankfully, it'll still work for me.