Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
OK, who here gave me this GREAT recipe? Fess up!

Sorry, but I just can't keep track of who's who here yet. Someone posted this idea, somewhere on this site, that I read in the last few days:

"My favourite sauce for steak, chicken, pork, ect. I dont measure, so its all done to taste.

Ingredients:

garlic
onion
cream
mustard
dill
salt
pepper
oil
squeeze of lemon.

Method:

fry up finely diced onions and garlic in oil. Add cream. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper. Cook until the cream has evaporated some of the water and is thicker. When ready, take off the heat. Stir in a goodly ammount of dill and serve on meat. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.

Simples and really yummy : )"

So, I was a bit put off by the lack of measurements, as it's nice to have a base line. But everything in this recipe called to me. I called my pal, who is a very good cook, and got her feed back as to how much of each ingredient I might want to consider, but in the end, it is as the poster said, up to your taste.

But OMG, what I ended up with was delicious!!!!!! And SO easy. I put if over pork chops tonight, but could, like poster said, see it over beef and chicken too. AND, it led me to google up on an easy Bernaise sauce, and I'm going there next.

I need variety in what I eat. Last time I did Low Carb, I didn't pay attention to that need, just did the same old things over and over again, lost 35 pounds, and then fell off the wagon because I was SO bored with Low carb eating.

This time, I'm making an effort to explore how interesting and flavorful low carb eating can be. I'm finding there's no end to it. And it's recipies like this, so easy and doable, that most appeal to me, because I am no great cook.

So, whoever you are, I wish you'd step up and accept credit. And for everyone else, I'm telling you, this is REALLY delishmo, and can turn another night of another slab of meat into something special.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: at_last
Stats: 164/115/112 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: October 2009
That was courtesy of Mrs Potato Head from the recipe board. Here's the link:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html
at_last is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by at_last View Post
That was courtesy of Mrs Potato Head from the recipe board. Here's the link:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html
Thanks, at last! I thought I saw it and cut and pasted it from a comment in the Main Lowcarb Lobby. On my way there to make sure Mrs. Potato head hears my appreciation for such a fine, yummy and easy recipe.

Meanwhile, I really don't regret my mistake. Because imo, the more people who see this and try it, the more happy people there will be.
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: watcher513
Whenever I save a recipe, I always put where (LCF) and who (screen name) I got it from to the right of the recipe name. If I don't, later on I wonder where the heck I got it! If I don't email it to myself, I also put a date on it.
watcher513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dianafoot
Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher513 View Post
Whenever I save a recipe, I always put where (LCF) and who (screen name) I got it from to the right of the recipe name. If I don't, later on I wonder where the heck I got it! If I don't email it to myself, I also put a date on it.
I do the same. I copy and paste the url and also the post # right at the end of the recipe. It really helps especially when I want to share or link the recipe in another thread or I want to ask questions, add to it, etc. It's important to me to give credit. It was so nice of you, Blue Skies, to ask who posted it!
dianafoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
sounds really yum, those ingredients call to me, too
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tstarre
thanks for the link..lots of yummy stuff on there
tstarre is offline   Reply With Quote