Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Broccoli oops (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/800781-broccoli-oops.html)

Gibbs 03-31-2013 01:03 PM

Broccoli oops

I stemmed some broccoli and the intent was to have a cheese sauce with it. I stemmed them a little too long and when I went to gently mix the sauce with it, well, I ended up with cheesy mashed broccoli and OMG was it good!!

Mistizoom 03-31-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbs (Post 16346368)
I stemmed some broccoli and the intent was to have a cheese sauce with it. I stemmed them a little too long and when I went to gently mix the sauce with it, well, I ended up with cheesy mashed broccoli and OMG was it good!!

Glad your mistake tasted good! What cheese sauce recipe did you use?

Gibbs 04-02-2013 09:46 AM

First all, I meant steamed and not stemmed HAHAHAHA

I had some queso Velveeta and added some shredded mozz with it. That was it, a nice, creamy sauce. Was very yummy!!

cfine 04-02-2013 03:10 PM

I bet this would taste good fried like little potato pancakes. I think I might try that next time I have some leftover broccoli.

Deb 04-02-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfine (Post 16350848)
I bet this would taste good fried like little potato pancakes. I think I might try that next time I have some leftover broccoli.

yes i bet too

Jakelilydad 04-02-2013 09:38 PM

Lucky you... I have walked away from the stove more times than I care to remember, only to come back to burned broccoli! Whew - that makes the whole house stink, and cleaning the pot is no fun, either. Glad yours turned out well, even if not what you expected.

GratefulParrot 04-03-2013 06:04 AM

WOW..this seems normal to me. I do this all the time. I overcook any veggie...but adding cheese always makes it better (but not according to my DD)

buttoni 04-03-2013 09:21 AM

I used to overcook broccoli when I got distracted, too. But my brother, once a professional chef, taught me to microwave my broccoli in shallow water, covered (about 4 minutes for 1/3 of a bunch) many years ago and I haven't burned/overcooked it since. Try it you guys! :)

focus83 04-03-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttoni (Post 16352313)
I used to overcook broccoli when I got distracted, too. But my brother, once a professional chef, taught me to microwave my broccoli in shallow water, covered (about 4 minutes for 1/3 of a bunch) many years ago and I haven't burned/overcooked it since. Try it you guys! :)

Thanks for the tip, i was thinking how last night broccoli tasted way too mushy. Will have to try this.

hmmm cheesy broccoli mash sounds yum!! reminds me of cheesy mushroom dish i had not long ago, need to search for a recipe for that now :) x

lisamt 04-03-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttoni (Post 16352313)

I cook broccoli and cauliflower in the microwave too, and it works great. The vegetables don't get waterlogged like they can with steaming or boiling. :)

mirinblue 04-05-2013 01:57 PM

Microwave for me too...perfect every time!

Deb34 04-05-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by focus83 (Post 16352338)
Thanks for the tip, i was thinking how last night broccoli tasted way too mushy. Will have to try this.

hmmm cheesy broccoli mash sounds yum!! reminds me of cheesy mushroom dish i had not long ago, need to search for a recipe for that now :) x

when you find it please post it, that sounds amazing!