Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Blueberry Recipes needed please (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/800714-blueberry-recipes-needed-please.html)

Nigel 03-30-2013 01:30 PM

Blueberry Recipes needed please

Blueberry Recipes needed please

LC preferred

Thanks in advance.

Soobee 03-30-2013 02:10 PM

I have tons in my files. Give me general categories you are interested in please.

Patience 03-30-2013 02:27 PM

Simple, but very nice, imo.
Blueberries with whipped cream.
Blueberries with quark.
Blueberries with plain yogurt.

Strawberry 03-30-2013 02:31 PM

Hopefully this YouTube video link works. I'm on my phone. It's for a blueberry red wine butter sauce to serve with lamb (could use beef instead)

If you have a surplus you can freeze them and use for smoothies or on baked goods.

Nigel 03-30-2013 05:18 PM

Thanks everyone.

I think stuff like muffins or desserts mostly. But I am interested in any recipes.

I made some smoothies with almond milk that turned out good.

I'm just kind of at a loss as what to make, but I know that blueberries are very healthy for us, so I thought I'd see what everyone else likes to make.

Nigel 03-30-2013 05:20 PM

Strawberry, the link works fine for me. Thank you.

Strawberry 03-30-2013 09:41 PM

I dont really bake much. I mostly eat blueberries in smoothies or with yogurt. I also really like the combo of blueberries in a salad with mixed baby greens, feta or goat cheese, pecans and balsamic vinaigrette.

You could add them to whatever is your favorite recipe for low carb pancakes.

Strawberry 03-30-2013 09:51 PM

This recipe from Linda Sues website for pound cake would be great with blueberries added. You could bake it in muffin cups too. I have made this recipe 3 times, albeit a long time ago, and can vouch the it's a good one. It's dense like a sweet corn muffin due to the almond flour. I like it because it uses easily found ingredients . If you don't have almond flour, you can whiz some almonds in your food processor to make it. Use blanched almonds ( peel is off)

POUND CAKE
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
5 eggs
1 teaspoon lemon or orange extract, optional
1-2 teaspoons vanilla
6 1/2 ounces almond flour (1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Lemon or orange zest, optional

Beat the butter, cream cheese and Splenda with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well. The mixture should look like thick cake batter. Pour into a greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake at 350 50-55 minutes. I suggest checking the cake after 40 minutes or so because mine was done in less than 45 minutes. The cake will be golden brown and firm to the touch when done.

Makes 8 servings
Can be frozen

With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 346 Calories; 31g Fat; 10g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 334 Calories; 31g Fat; 10g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net

Soobee 03-31-2013 10:14 AM

Blueberry Cobbler Lisa
Filling

4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 teaspoon vanilla
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons Truvia, or 1/2 cup sugar substitute
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
Topping
4 large eggs
cup coconut oil or butter, melted
2T + 1 t. Truvia, or 1/3 cup sugar substitute
1 tsp. vanilla extract
teaspoon salt
cup coconut flour
tsp. baking powder
Combine all the filling ingredients and pour in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. In a medium bowl, blend together the eggs, oil or butter, sweetener, vanilla, and salt. Mix in coconut flour and baking powder until batter is smooth. Spread batter evenly over blueberries. Bake for 25-30 min at 400 degrees until top is browned.
Blueberry Cobbler Liz
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour (sifted)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup- 1 full cup sweetener
3/4 cup room temp butter
1/2 cup almond milk
4 eggs
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
2 cups fresh blueberries -washed, dried, and set aside
1/4 cup sugar to top blueberries
Preheat oven to 350f. Butter a 99 glass baking dish. With mixer, cream together butter and sugar until well mixed. Once batter is well combined and fluffy, add milk, vanilla, and almond extract at a low-speed. Add eggs, a few at a time, and let it slowly mix. Combine all dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. mix until all ingredients are well combined. Pour 3/4 batter into prepped baking dish. Sprinkle most of the blueberries on the batter, pressing them down into the batter. Pour remaining batter on top of the blueberries, Then spread the rest of the blueberries on top of that. Sprinkle sugar evenly over berries and batter. Bake for 30 minutes, then carefully move to the high rack. Continue to bake for 20-30 minutes, until top is crusty brown and edges pull away from sides slightly.
Blueberry Coffee Cake Lisa
Topping

1 cup almond flour
1 t. cinnamon
cup Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
⅛ tsp. Salt
4 T. butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
Cream Cheese Layer
6 oz. cream cheese
1 egg
Cake Layer
2 cups almond flour
1 t. baking powder
t. baking soda
t. cinnamon
t. salt
cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
2 eggs
1 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9X9 inch pan. Mix 1 cup of the almond meal, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, cup of sweetener, a pinch of salt and 4 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, 1 egg, and cup sweetener. Set aside. Mix 2 cups of almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, teaspoon cinnamon, teaspoon salt, and cup sweetener (if using a powder). Set the dry ingredients aside. Blend the sour cream (or yogurt), oil, extracts, liquid sweetener (if using), and 2 eggs and mix well. Add the mixed dry ingredients and blend well. Spread the cake layer in the pan, and spread the cream cheese on top (if it’s the larger amount of cream cheese, you won’t be able to spread it evenly, but that’s OK). Then sprinkle the blueberries on the cream cheese and the streusel on the top of that. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick not inserted into center comes out clean. Cool and slice.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffeecake Carolyn
Blueberry Filling

1 cup frozen blueberries
2 tsp. water
1 tsp. arrowroot starch
Cream Cheese Filling
8 oz. cream cheese
1 large egg
2 tbsp. granulated erythritol
1/8 tsp. stevia extract
Cake
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup granulated erythritol
1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 oz. Greek yogurt
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 large eggs
1/8 tsp. stevia extract
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
For the blueberry filling, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring blueberries to a simmer and cook until they release their juices, about 3 minutes. In a small cup, mix together water and arrowroot starch until well combined. Add starch mixture to blueberries and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. For the cream cheese filling, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in egg until well combined, then beat in erythritol and stevia. For the cake, preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9-inch springform pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, granulated erythritol, vanilla protein powder, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, beat yogurt and butter together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating lightly after each addition, then beat in stevia extract. Beat in almond flour mixture in two additions, alternating with almond milk and scraping down beaters and sides of bowl as needed. Spread batter in well-greased 9-inch springform pan with removable bottom, pushing batter up sides of pan to create center well for filling. Sides should be about 1 inch wide. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly into center well, and then spread blueberry mixture over top of cream cheese. Bake in 350F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until sides are set. Center will still jiggle somewhat. Let cool in pan. Run a sharp knife around cake in pan to loosen, and remove sides. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.

Soobee 03-31-2013 10:20 AM

Blueberry Pancakes Vanessa120
1/4 c. Vanilla Whey Protein Isolate
2 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
1/4 c. Yogurt
1 Egg
1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. Almond Milk
2 Tbsp. Blueberries
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
In a glass pyrex, measure out whey protein, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda & sea salt. Mix with a fork and set aside. In another bowl add the egg, yogurt and almond milk. Whisk. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk well. In a non-stick skillet on medium heat, measure out 1/4 c. of batter. Sprinkle about 10 or so blueberries onto the pancake. When bubbles reach the surface and pop, flip over. Cook an additional 1 1/2 minutes. Repeat until you have 4 pancakes.
Blueberry Crunch Top Muffins Lauren
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 cup olive oil
3 cage-free organic eggs
1/2 cup erythritol
1/2 teaspoon stevia extract
1 teaspoon lemon or vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/8 cup lite coconut milk
1 cup blueberries or raspberries
For Crunch Topping
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 cup blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons golden flax meal
2 tablespoons erythritol
1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon stevia extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mash together the ingredients for the topping with a fork. Stick it in the freezer while you make the muffins. Whisk together wet ingredients plus the erythritol in one bowl. Stir together the dry ingredients in a different bowl. Add the wet to the dry ingredients, whisking until incorporated. Coat berries with a light dusting of bake mix (to keep them from sinking), and gently fold 3/4 of them into the batter. Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full, and sprinkle remaining berries over the tops. Pinch off bits of the cold topping, dropping them over the tops of the muffins. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Let cool until lukewarm, then turn muffins out of the silicone muffin cups so the tops are facing down.
Blueberry Muffins Vanessa120
4 oz. Blanched Almond Flour
2 oz. Golden Flaxseed Meal
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Guar Gum
2 Tbsp. Unsalted
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
4 Tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 Eggs
1/8 tsp. Stevia Extract
8 Tbsp. Powdered Erythritol
1/2 c. Frozen Wild Blueberries
In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, salt, guar gum, stevia and erythritol (sift the E to get out the lumps). In another bowl, melt butter and stir in almond milk and vanilla extract. Add liquid as well as eggs to the dry ingredients and mix with electric beaters on low for 30 seconds. Fold in blueberries. Fill 6 paper-lined muffin cups (spray with a little non-stick spray) with the batter. Bake at 350 25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a rack.

Gladiator 03-31-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 16345104)
Rack of Lamb with Blueberry Beurre Rouge - Easter Lamb Roasted with Blueberries - YouTube

Hopefully this YouTube video link works. I'm on my phone. It's for a blueberry red wine butter sauce to serve with lamb (could use beef instead)

If you have a surplus you can freeze them and use for smoothies or on baked goods.

blueberry beurre rouge, I have not see it. Maybe I will try it.

Nigel 03-31-2013 11:23 AM

These all sound good. Thank you Soobee & Strawberry.

I haven't ever had blueberries in a salad, but I've had strawberries and I eat a lot of salads, so I'll try them that way too.

You made me hungry with all those great recipes. :)

I've copied all these recipes to try out.

Strawberry 03-31-2013 11:31 AM

I intially thought blueberries (or any berries) would be totally weird in a salad! But the sweet and savory combo with cheese and balsamic and nuts is incredibly good!

In my limited world, a salad used to always involve iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and italian or ranch dressing! I'm so glad I've expanded since low carb!

buttoni 03-31-2013 12:45 PM

Here's one of my older recipes, but it uses some Carbquick: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...erry-cake.html

A pancake recipe: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-pancakes.html

A good muffin recipe: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...u-muffins.html

Blueberry scones: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ry-scones.html

Flax muffins you could sub in blueberries: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...x-muffins.html

Danish recipe: Post #6 this thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-flavors.html

Shall I stop now, Nigel? :)

Gladiator 03-31-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttoni (Post 16346429)
:)

Buttoni, I visited your website, I admire your work

Nigel 03-31-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttoni (Post 16346429)
Here's one of my older recipes, but it uses some Carbquick: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...erry-cake.html

A pancake recipe: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-pancakes.html

A good muffin recipe: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...u-muffins.html

Blueberry scones: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ry-scones.html

Flax muffins you could sub in blueberries: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...x-muffins.html

Danish recipe: Post #6 this thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-flavors.html

Shall I stop now, Nigel? :)

:jumpjoy:Thank you. I keep forgetting I can check your website. These all sound great too!!

buttoni 04-02-2013 11:19 AM

My pleasure, Nigel. Those are my fav blueberry creations to date. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiator (Post 16346462)
Buttoni, I visited your website, I admire your work

I used a search button and here is result
blueberry | Search Results | Buttoni's Low Carb Recipes

Why thank You, Gladiator! I hope you enjoy browsing there from time to time. Notice, I carefully didn't link to my site, a violation of TOS here at LCF. Those links in my post were all to previous discussions here on the LCF forums. ;)

vanilla_latte 04-02-2013 12:16 PM

I got this nifty little concoction on here, but can't remember who from.

Blueberry Cobbler

Handful frozen blueberries
1/2 c. cottage cheese
1/4 c. quick oats
Sweetener to taste

I also add a little SF Blueberry Syrup to it. I warm up the blueberries, add the other ingredients and nuke it for a minute or so. Sometimes I'll add a little bit of real butter - adds to the "cobbler" taste. Very quick and good!

Nigel 04-02-2013 12:41 PM

Thanks vanilla. I'm all for easy recipes and that sounds good too.

Charski 04-02-2013 12:42 PM

You could use this, substituting 6 cups of blueberries for the zucchini:

Char's Mock Apple Crisp (zucchini!)

1 jumbo zucchini (I used 3 medium ones)
1 cup granular Splenda (or equivalent sweetener of your choice)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon Thicken Thin Not/Starch or other thickener such as guar gum or glucomannan - I'd start with a teaspoon or less of either of those

Topping:

1 cup almond or hazelnut meal
1/3 cup granular Splenda or whatever you like
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup oat bran
1/2 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350*. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Peel and trim zucchini - slice lengthwise into quarters. Remove seeds. Slice into slices that resemble apple slices. You should have about 6 cups of slices.

Boil the zucchini slices for 3 minutes. Drain well.

Mix together 1 cup Splenda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and the thickener. Sprinkle over zucchini slices and toss to coat evenly. Place zucchini slices in a greased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.

Mix together topping ingredients to make a crumb topping. Distribute evenly over zucchini. Bake for 45 minutes, until topping is browned and crispy.

May be served warm, cold, or room temp. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Yummy with some heavy cream, whipped cream, or LC ice cream!

I'm making this with chayote too - I use 3 or 4 chayotes, peeled, seeded, and sliced, depending on how big they are; then I sprinkle a packet of sugarfree apple cider mix (Alpine is good) over the slices and nuke til tender, about 10 minutes; then make the above topping, and bake at 350* for 25 minutes or so.

It's SO MUCH like apple crisp I don't think anybody could honestly tell the difference!

Nigel 04-02-2013 12:45 PM

Thanks Charski, I'm adding that to my collection to try. :)

Charski 04-02-2013 12:51 PM

It should be really easy to throw together, Nigel, since you won't have to do the "boil til tender" part. I might nuke the blueberries for a couple minutes just to soften them so the sugar sub sticks, but it's probably not totally necessary - maybe if you washed them, shook off the excess water, then tossed them with the mixed-together the Splenda and cinnamon, nutmeg, and thickener, spread in baking dish, add topping - just thinking out loud! :)

vanilla_latte 04-03-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel (Post 16350694)
Thanks vanilla. I'm all for easy recipes and that sounds good too.

Me, too, I'm all about easy and quick! :up:

rosethorns 06-27-2013 06:41 PM

I have bluberries everywhere.

rosethorns 01-09-2014 02:10 PM

I need this .