Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greybb1
Stats: 320/238/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 2011
Will you post your favorite lemonade recipe?

I'm trying to kick the Coke Zero habit. I drink it all day long, every single day. I love the sugar free lemonade from Chick-fil-A and wish I knew how they make it.

I bought an Oster citrus juicer in order to juice the lemons - I want to make it fresh - but then I realized I don't have a good tried and true recipe.

I would love to have different recipes using different sweeteners and maybe some other interesting ingredients. This gal at work today was talking about a lemonade she makes that has white wine and rosemary in it!

So please, can you help?
greybb1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/287.2/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
I just use lemon juice, water, and either sweetzfree liquid Splenda, or a SF syrup, or a mixture of both. I don't have measurements, because I know how much to pour in my particular pitcher.

My favorite syrups are peach, raspberry, and strawberry. I have made the raspberry and strawberry flavors for many years, but I tried the peach last year, and I was hooked. Peach lemonade has a much subtler flavor than the other two, more of a bottom note than a top note, and it's delicious. Every once in a while, I'll add fresh mint.

Just play around, look online for regular lemonade recipes, and then sub the sweetener of your choice for the sugar.
bought scale 9-7-02: 318/259.6/180?

Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (and other conditions) Summer 2005 after years of misdiagnoses--> food plan went out the window!
Restarted--again--January 3, 2013.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntombi View Post
I just use lemon juice, water, and either sweetzfree liquid Splenda, or a SF syrup, or a mixture of both. I don't have measurements, because I know how much to pour in my particular pitcher.

My favorite syrups are peach, raspberry, and strawberry. I have made the raspberry and strawberry flavors for many years, but I tried the peach last year, and I was hooked. Peach lemonade has a much subtler flavor than the other two, more of a bottom note than a top note, and it's delicious. Every once in a while, I'll add fresh mint.

Just play around, look online for regular lemonade recipes, and then sub the sweetener of your choice for the sugar.
Excellent idea! I never thought of using the syrups. I love strawberry and raspberry lemonade and I love anything with peach.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

If you love one with a syrup I haven't listed here, let me know!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Just ordered from Netrition Black Cherry, Peach & Raspberry.

I'll let you know how the Black Cherry is. Can't wait!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

I found the lemonade recipe with the white wine & rosemary. Of course I would use a different sweetener than the sugar. I would also make about 1/3 less since it calls for 3 bottles of wine!

Rosemary Lemon Drop (Better Homes and Gardens, June 2012)
Boil 2 cups water, 2 cups sugar, peel from 8 lemons, and 8 rosemary sprigs.
When sugar dissolves, cool and strain.
Fill 4- to 6-quart dispenser with 3 bottles of white wine (such as Pinot Grigio), juice from the 8 lemons, and half the syrup, adding more to taste.
Stir in 6 cups of ice, citrus slices, and fresh rosemary sprigs.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:23 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, black cherry sounds good!

I'm off wine for a while, due to meds, so I won't be able to try the other until maybe summer, but I'm interested in the results.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:46 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dianafoot
I take a tall glass (at least 16 oz) and fill it with ice. Then pour in about 2 tbs of Monin O'free blackberry syrup. On top of that, pour in the juice from one whole lemon. Fill the glass to the brim with water and drink with a straw. If you don't stir it, it is a gorgeous, fancy layered drink. If you do, it's still pretty and just the right combination of sweet, tart, lemony, and cold.
dianafoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:07 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KCSoccer
Stats: maintenance
Start Date: August 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianafoot View Post
I take a tall glass (at least 16 oz) and fill it with ice. Then pour in about 2 tbs of Monin O'free blackberry syrup. On top of that, pour in the juice from one whole lemon. Fill the glass to the brim with water and drink with a straw. If you don't stir it, it is a gorgeous, fancy layered drink. If you do, it's still pretty and just the right combination of sweet, tart, lemony, and cold.
I do something similar, using Monin SF Pomegranate syrup and sparkling water.
KCSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Chick-fil-a Lemonade Copycat Recipe
Our family loves Chick-fil-a, and one of our favorites is definitely their lemonade! In our previous home in California, we had a giant lemon tree that always produced more lemons than we knew what to do with! I spent a few summers ‘perfecting’ my lemon recipes, and here is our favorite lemonade recipe that we make every summer! It’s our super quick and easy recipe for you to make Chick-fil-a’s delicious lemonade right at home this summer!
■8-10 Lemons (Sunkist brand is what Chick-fil-a uses)
■1 cup granulated sugar (use Splenda, Agave, or other sweeteners for the diet version) ■When using Splenda, Agave, or other sweeteners use only 1/2 cup, then taste and add more to your preference
■5 1/2 cups water
1. First, juice your lemons so you end up with 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice.
2. Add the lemon juice and sugar to the pitcher.
3. Add 5 1/2 cups of lukewarm water to the sugar and lemon juice; whisk together well until sugar is completely dissolved.

4. Refrigerate until nice and cold. Garnish with fresh lemon slices. Enjoy!

Serves 4-6.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! Great ideas everyone. Thank you so much! Can't wait to try the Chick-fil-A Copycat recipe as well as adding the syrups to the lemonade.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Chick-fil-a Lemonade Copycat Recipe
Our family loves Chick-fil-a, and one of our favorites is definitely their lemonade! In our previous home in California, we had a giant lemon tree that always produced more lemons than we knew what to do with! I spent a few summers ‘perfecting’ my lemon recipes, and here is our favorite lemonade recipe that we make every summer! It’s our super quick and easy recipe for you to make Chick-fil-a’s delicious lemonade right at home this summer!
■8-10 Lemons (Sunkist brand is what Chick-fil-a uses)
■1 cup granulated sugar (use Splenda, Agave, or other sweeteners for the diet version) ■When using Splenda, Agave, or other sweeteners use only 1/2 cup, then taste and add more to your preference
■5 1/2 cups water
1. First, juice your lemons so you end up with 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice.
2. Add the lemon juice and sugar to the pitcher.
3. Add 5 1/2 cups of lukewarm water to the sugar and lemon juice; whisk together well until sugar is completely dissolved.

4. Refrigerate until nice and cold. Garnish with fresh lemon slices. Enjoy!

Serves 4-6.
Made this today! I did as the recipe suggested and only added half the splenda and I'm mixing any additional sweetener in when I pour a glass. It's delicious and easy! I love my little electric Oster juicer, it made short work of all the lemons I used.

All of the other lemonade recipes I've seen have the lemon juice:sugar ratio at 1:1 and this one uses less sugar. That's what I love about Chick-fil-A lemonade. It's tart with a sweet aftertaste.

Thanks! Can't wait to get my syrups!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

I finally tried making lemonade with Torani Syrup, Black Cherry. Used about 1/3 each of syrup, lemon juice and water. It is delicious! It's a little heavy on the Black Cherry so next glass will be 1/4 syrup, 1/2 lemon juice, 1/4 water.

Next up, peach!