Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Recipes and Menus > Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chickamomminy
Stats: 248/183/148
WOE: Atkins (modified)
Start Date: April 2009
Peppermint Patties

I have not made these yet, but I have been craving peppermint patties like crazy! I just can't tolerate the SA in the commercial brands.

A friend emailed me a gluten free recipe a while back, I wrote it down with tweaks (to make it sugar free) and just found it again in my Easter recipes. So, thought I would share. Looks easy enough and no crazy ingredients. I wish I could give the original creator credit, but don't know who he/she is. Still, thank you to that individual. I think I will be very happy because of him/her!!! Can't wait to 'taste the sensation' lol...

½ cup coconut oil (room temp or slightly warmed, not refrigerated or liquid, you want it easy to mix, but still solid)
¼ cup equivalent sweetener (will probably use liquid splenda here)
½ teaspoon peppermint oil
½ to 1 cup chocolate (I'll be using 90% dark)

Combine coconut oil, sweetener and peppermint oil, mixing with a spoon
until mixture is smooth.

Freeze mixture for a few minutes until it just starts to harden, then remove from freezer.

Measure out little balls onto a parchment paper (the size will determine the size of your patties).

Place plate in freezer to firm up mint balls; when firm, remove from freezer
Squish balls down into flat little patties on parchment paper.

Melt chocolate over very low heat; allow to cool slightly.

Dip patties into melted chocolate (use spoon to drop patty into melted chocolate, dip and remove).

Place patties on parchment paper to harden.

Yield will be determined by the size of patties. Enjoy!!!

As of today (3/29/10) I have lost 65 pounds!!! 35 more to go!
Chickamomminy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 322/310/180-ish (5'6")
WOE: My own low-carb way
Start Date: 8/20/14 for yet another time
MMMMMMMMMMM
Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #3

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
while I bet that would be lovely, it is a lot of work! how much of the pleasure you take in these candies is based on the separation of the chocolate coating from the peppermint filling?

I used to make a very quick fat bomb with coconut oil, sweetener, peppermint essential oil, and either cocoa powder or unsweetened chocolate.

it was terrific and to me about 95% as good as something that would take hours to make, like that recipe.

bear in mind if you do make it, the forming coconut oil into patties without a lot of sugar in it is going to be HARD. and they will never firm up if you do what the recipe says... try the standard treatment of freezing them and then keep them in the refrigerator.

actually, you would probably be better off making something like a peanut butter cup, with the peppermint mixture instead of the peanut butter mixture... without something like a mold or cup I really don't think you would be successful.

good luck!