Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Making "Spaghetti" Salad (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/799930-making-spaghetti-salad.html)

Gibbs 03-20-2013 05:43 AM

Making "Spaghetti" Salad

Tomorrow at work is a pitch-in day and this month it's healthy. My version of healthy and the rest of the gan is different. While they will have low fat and HIGH carb junk, I will be the opposite. Here's what I'm making...

Sea Tangle noodles, 2 bags, cooked to get some of the crunch out and cut in good bite-sized lengths, rinsed in cold water
Vegy's consisting of red & green peppers, onion, cucumbers, fresh mushrooms
And Italian dressing

All mixed together and YUM!! Well, the original with real spaghetti is. I've never tried the sea weed....:hyst:

Dottie 03-20-2013 06:56 AM

Finely shredded cabbage would work, too :)

creativelc 03-20-2013 08:06 AM

This sure caught my eye. "Sea Tangle" Love the name, and the combination sounds very tasty. I might like salad shrimp in there, but will try it as listed first.

Jakelilydad 03-20-2013 08:52 PM

You could also use zoodles (zucchini cut into noodle-like strips). Love the shrimp idea, too. Perhaps some Hearts of Palm if you want another texture in there.

MsWoods 03-21-2013 08:34 AM

I would use shiratake, but sounds delish! And low calorie.

MargD 03-21-2013 10:58 AM

Can you let us know how it turns out? I have a bag of those Sea Tangle noodles and I'm kind of stumped as to what to do with them.

Gibbs 03-21-2013 12:14 PM

Unfortunately I didn't make the spaghetti salad, I went with pizza instead. I wasn't sure if it would turn out like I want. But I'll let you know when I experiment this weekend!

SCOTTSDALEJULIE 03-22-2013 04:10 PM

This is how I make my spaghetti salad:
I use Dreamfields
"Celebrate summer with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions tossed with spaghetti and drenched with an Italian-style dressing enriched with Parmesan, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, paprika, garlic powder seasoned salt and cayenne."
INGREDIENTS:
1 pound spaghetti, broken into pieces
1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cucumber, chopped
1 red onion, diced
2 tomatoes, chopped
DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain well. Transfer to large bowl.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together salad dressing, cheese, seeds, salt, paprika, garlic powder and peppers until well blended. Stir in cucumber and onion. Pour mixture over spaghetti and toss lightly to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. Top with tomatoes to serv

Mobear 03-25-2013 04:54 AM

I love the SeaTangle noodles on my salad because they add a lot of crunch. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to soften them. I did put some in the crockpot which caused them to almost disappear :p. They shrank down to very soft matchstick size things!

I hope Gibbs reports on her salad idea!