Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Recipe Help & Suggestions (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/)
-   -   Shrimp, how do you fix it? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/799456-shrimp-how-do-you-fix.html)

Gibbs 03-15-2013 03:29 AM

Shrimp, how do you fix it?

I really think shrimp makes me gain weight. Or maybe it's just the pound of butter I sautee it in! :hyst:

The 'norm' for shrimp is sautee it in butter with garlic, minced or powder, add some chopped onion in with it, and maybe some chili powder too and parm. How do you fix it when you get a craving?

greybb1 03-15-2013 05:33 AM

Boiled shrimp with tartar sauce! Yum. :yummy:

rosethorns 03-15-2013 08:51 AM

I make it different ways.

Shrimp scampi w/ butter garlic and wine.
shrimp sauce over speghetti squash
Grilled shrimp w/ spices
Sauteed shrimp in alfredo sauce

I love shrimp. I know I have more ways,

Cindy P 03-15-2013 08:53 AM

steamed shrimp with old bay seasonings

Charski 03-15-2013 09:35 AM

We like vindaloo shrimp or camarones a la diabla - both are spicy, use little fat, and taste really good! Let me know if you want particulars.

Chocolate Rose 03-15-2013 08:01 PM

One of my favorite ways to eat shrimp pre-lc was to take a loaf of buttery garlic bread and lay it open faced on a cookie sheet. Heat it a bit in the oven and then top with precooked shrimp and then shredded cheese. Heat til cheese melts and then slice and serve.
My lc way of this is to melt some butter in a pan and add the precooked shrimp and garlic. Cook just until the shrimp are warmed. Top with cheese and throw in the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve with lc Louis sauce for dipping.

jazills 03-15-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Rose (Post 16318626)
One of my favorite ways to eat shrimp pre-lc was to take a loaf of buttery garlic bread and lay it open faced on a cookie sheet. Heat it a bit in the oven and then top with precooked shrimp and then shredded cheese. Heat til cheese melts and then slice and serve.
My lc way of this is to melt some butter in a pan and add the precooked shrimp and garlic. Cook just until the shrimp are warmed. Top with cheese and throw in the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve with lc Louis sauce for dipping.

This sounds devine... :) i will try it!

tulipsandroses 03-15-2013 08:24 PM

One of my favorite low carb dishes is shrimp alfredo over spaghetti squash. I make my own with HWC, butter, parm.

During the summer I like to grill them. Get some really big ones, slather with butter or EVOO, kosher salt and pepper, a lil garlic and get your shrimp on the Barbie on!

I love fried shrimp dipped in Tartar Sauce. This is pretty much what I use my LC White bread flour for.

Coconut Shrimp & Broccoli. Sautee shrimp and broccoli in VCO. Add some grated ginger, garlic and green onions.

To the above, you can also add some curry powder to make curried shrimp and broccoli.

Jakelilydad 03-15-2013 08:44 PM

The other day I made a great spicy shrimp recipe. First I mixed 1/4 cup mayonnaise with 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I use Sriraicha, which is quite hot, but use what you like), about 1/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce, and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Then I quartered (lengthwise) a zucchini, and sliced crosswise into 1/4 inch thick pieces (like mini pizza slices). Mixed with 1 lb peeled shrimp (be sure to remove the little bit of tail shell that they leave on) which I patted dry with paper towel, and poured the mayo mixture over it all. Mix well until everything is well coated.

Put in a baking pan (try to get it as close to a single layer as you can), and bake at 425 until lightly brown and the shrimp are done (5 - 10 minutes, depending on how large your shrimp are).

Serve over cauli-rice if you like, or zoodles, or eat as is. Serves 3-4, and, trust me, leftovers are awesome in an omlette the next morning.

Gibbs 03-16-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16317568)
camarones a la diabla

Need particulars!!!:hyst:

Alania 03-16-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charski (Post 16317568)
We like vindaloo shrimp or camarones a la diabla - both are spicy, use little fat, and taste really good! Let me know if you want particulars.

Yes! Please share! :)